Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Has Durant surpassed Tracy McGrady?

A couple of my co-workers seem to think Tracy McGrady was still better but in recent events, do you think Kevin Durant has established himself over Tracy? +James was never this good when he was 25. Will Durant be a top 10 player? +GOAT to never win a ring?

vCash
    This season compares wonderfully to T-Mac's 2003 season. I'd say it's better. Last year perhaps as well.

I love T-Mac, probably my favorite player of my lifetime, but I think KD has shown he's a tad better. If he hasn't shown that by now, it's inevitable. An MVP, a championship, or just playing well after the age of 30 and KD skyrockets past T-Mac. T-Mac's peak was tremendous, but it was also VERY brief. KD has been historic in his own right this season. This two year stretch is undoubtedly better than T-Mac's best two year stretch.

vCash
    i dont like ranking players until they hit their decline/get a better sense of career.but right now? probably no,t-mac has the longevity over kd,but he'll pass tmac no doubt.
    the other questions-have no idea,its way,way to early in his career

vCash
    Yeah he has, I still think Tmac had it harder (era pre lax hand checking but post zones) and that certain teams could use him more than KD, but I think those kind of teams aren't as conducive to winning

Longevity matters but not enough in this debate imo

vCash
    Durant can't do some of the things Tmac could do.. KD will have better career tho

vCash
    Durant is a better 2 way player (offense & defense) and he rebounds better too.
    Last edited by sunsfan88; 03-04-2014 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    He has, though McGrady in the early part of the 2000's was so awesome.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Durant can't do some of the things Tmac could do.. KD will have better career tho
    Same could be said for any player in NBA history. Jordan couldn't do what KD could do just like KD can't do what Jordan could do. But IMO, I think Durant will end up being a top 10 player ever. Undoubtedly the greatest scorer and if he never wins a ring, he'll be the greatest to never do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Durant is a better 2 way player (offense & defense) and he rebounds better too.
    Tmac defense is severely underrated. I'd say right now, Tmac in his prime was a better player. But KD is still young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    A couple of my co-workers seem to think Tracy McGrady was still better but in recent events, do you think Kevin Durant has established himself over Tracy? +James was never this good when he was 25. Will Durant be a top 10 player? +GOAT to never win a ring?

Lmao

James was never this good at 25?

Wrong

He never had good players around him

He was all around better then Durant

LeBron is the most complete player of all time

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Same could be said for any player in NBA history. Jordan couldn't do what KD could do just like KD can't do what Jordan could do. But IMO, I think Durant will end up being a top 10 player ever. Undoubtedly the greatest scorer and if he never wins a ring, he'll be the greatest to never do so.
    Yeah. There are definitely also things KD can do that T-Mac couldn't. I didn't quite get that comment.

I agree with the rest. I think he's got a great shot, assuming he can sustain this for his prime, to go down as the greatest scoring (wing?) player ever. The mix of volume and efficiency is just mind-boggling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Lmao

James was never this good at 25?

Wrong

He never had good players around him

He was all around better then Durant

LeBron is the most complete player of all time
    Since when did all around mean better? It just means you're a better all around player. LeBron at 25 never had a season like Durant is having right now. I don't know if you're serious.

vCash
    I would say yes but hopefully this thread is more about complimenting how quickly Durant is shooting himself up the all-time rankings instead of downgrading T-Mac's legacy. Would love to know what Durant could do with someone like Yao Ming as his sidekick instead of Russell Westbrook...

vCash
    PSD be quick to judge guys by how they do in the playoff, well last time I checked KD has been past the 1st round on numerous occasions already.. I would have to say he's better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I would say yes but hopefully this thread is more about complimenting how quickly Durant is shooting himself up the all-time rankings instead of downgrading T-Mac's legacy. Would love to know what Durant could do with someone like Yao Ming as his sidekick instead of Russell Westbrook...
    I would have loved seeing Tmac with Yao in their primes too.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast