Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Board Participation Mock Draft Discussion

I thought about Gilbert and Carr with this pick, Hell I even thought about Matthews here.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    With 3 QBs gone, I just couldn't go Carr here. It would have been a reach.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I was confused about this thread. But now I get it.

I picked Sammy because he would give Glennon another explosive WR to pair with Jackson. Mike Williams is a nice player but his upside is nowhere near Watkins'.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    I went with Robinson over Matthews for the Rams because I feel he has higher upside, and the Rams have one of the best OL coaches in Coach Bou to maximize his talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I went with Robinson over Matthews for the Rams because I feel he has higher upside, and the Rams have one of the best OL coaches in Coach Bou to maximize his talent.
    I wouldn't be shocked if Robinson went number 1. Well maybe a little. But I can why you went with Robinson there. lol

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    I went to put Barr down for Buffalo, but YS beat me to it. So I picked him for Detroit.

vCash
    Barr would be a nice choice for them as well, but they also have need for a tackle. Matthews was the best player on the board to me.

vCash
    Yeah not sure OLB is a need for Detroit. I just went BPA.

vCash
    I took Gilbert for the Titans because Verner is a UFA and the Titans elected not to tag him, and he figures to have plenty of suitors as one of the top two or three CB's on the market. Assuming he's gone, Gilbert offers good value here with a great size/speed ratio and he's also an amazing return man with 11 TD Returns.

That "11" was not a typo.

Last edited by Dobermite; 03-04-2014 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

Yeah not sure OLB is a need for Detroit. I just went BPA.
    No its a need for Detroit too. Great pick.

These guys do a great job with needs. Its not infallible, but their list is very pretty well researched and thorough. The lower the number, the greater the need.

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2014.asp

As you can see, OLB is a 2 for Detroit, which means the need is desperate.

vCash
    PS. Those guy update their needs board frequently and list the date of the updates at the top of the page, so they will definitely update their board during free agency. Its a good tool to tag if you're really into the draft.

vCash
    The first 12 picks went great. You guys definitely know your stuff. I don't know the exact order, but those are definitely the first 12 players I expect to go off the board, and I think all of them were very good picks for the teams that took them. I especially liked LONG passing on a QB at #3 and taking Clowney.

I thought that was a smart move.

vCash
    I love the two safeties coming off the board here. You guys are awesome. So far there hasn't been even one remotely questionable pick. Maybe someone would have went elsewhere, but IMO there hasn't been one pick you can criticize almost halfway thru the first round.

vCash
    Dennard is still available, went with Ebron here for the Steelers.

vCash
    The Nix and Jerrigans also available.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast