Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,590
    vCash
    1500

    Should the Raptors retire Carter's number 15?

    Obviously inspired by thread about Zydrunas. Is there a case for retiring Carter's number 15 Raptor jersey? despite the bad ending didn't he do as much or more for the Raptors franchise as Ilgauskas did?

    It's been debated ad nauseam in the Raptors forum, wanted an unbiased take on this.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 03-03-2014 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,503
    vCash
    1500
    of course,he's like the greatest player in franchise history

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    2,164
    vCash
    1500
    Greatest dunker ever..

    Also greatest rapptor player ever, yes retire his number Toronto.

    And put #15 up next to every rim in the NBA to remind every future dunker that he's #1

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,871
    vCash
    26834
    im not sure they can unless its after amir leaves
    maybe a dual retired number?
    best raptor ever, mixed with one of everyones favourite raptors ever, share the number together kind of thing maybe
    go home raptors, you're drunk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,127
    vCash
    1255
    Nah

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,865
    vCash
    11438
    If there was no youtube and not sportscenter guys like Carter would never be remembered.

    He was good and one of the great shows that I've seen in basketball but he was not special. Only the truly elite should have there number retired, especially the first guy for an organization (I apologize if the Raptors have one but I'm unaware).
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,034
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe. He's probably their greatest player ever.
    And he might get into the HOF as a Dunker alone...
    If he's in the HOF his number should be retired.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,616
    vCash
    1500
    Carter gave up on the team refused to dunk and play hard faked injury's and intentionally tipped off a play during the final minute of the Raptors vs Sonics game. With that being said **** NO Raptors should not retire his number.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    511
    vCash
    1500
    Chris Bosh deserves his # to be retired in Toronto over VC

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,583
    vCash
    1500
    Umm, no. Play hard every game or **** you...
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,007
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Greatest dunker ever..

    Also greatest rapptor player ever, yes retire his number Toronto.

    And put #15 up next to every rim in the NBA to remind every future dunker that he's #1
    Hahahahaha

    love it.


    and yes to OP

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton749 View Post
    im not sure they can unless its after amir leaves
    maybe a dual retired number?
    best raptor ever, mixed with one of everyones favourite raptors ever, share the number together kind of thing maybe
    that's a little.... umm.... queer? is that an okay word? i really don't know. lame? you get the idea. i can just see the 2 of them holding hands as their jersey is raised to the rafters lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,464
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofChaos View Post
    Chris Bosh deserves his # to be retired in Toronto over VC
    Ewe.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    vCash
    1500
    Yes he should. He literally made history because of the way he dunks the basketball.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenSouvlaki View Post
    Yes he should. He literally made history because of the way he dunks the basketball.
    Everybody that sucks, but can dunk well, should have a place somewhere.
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •