Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Silly. Put the ball on the 12 for a kick and on the 5 for a 2 pt conversion.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash

Competition committee discussing 43-yard extra point

Might as well go for 2 everytime if that's the case. Makes it more interesting but don't think I'd like to see that at this point.

vCash
    43 is a little too deep, IMO. What happens for two point conversions?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I got into this discussion with someone:

What if it was a drop kick with the 5 as a LOS? Would you risk teaching your QB to drop kick to confuse even more if you are going for one or two?

I said I would. He said too much of an injury risk.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I got into this discussion with someone:

What if it was a drop kick with the 5 as a LOS? Would you risk teaching your QB to drop kick to confuse even more if you are going for one or two?

I said I would. He said too much of an injury risk.
    The injury risk seems pretty minimal/non-existent to me.... I would.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    People can cry about how boring PATs are, but it won't be anywhere close to the amount of crying we'll hear once a few kickers lose would-be-OT games because they missed their PAT to tie it up. Having a more difficult PAT doesn't increase competition, it increases the likelihood that a really good games gets stalled due to a stupid PAT.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    People can cry about how boring PATs are, but it won't be anywhere close to the amount of crying we'll hear once a few kickers lose would-be-OT games because they missed their PAT to tie it up. Having a more difficult PAT doesn't increase competition, it increases the likelihood that a really good games gets stalled due to a stupid PAT.
    Yeah I don't see why they feel the need to change it.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I think moving it back that far is risky. What happens when it's playoff time and the weather is poor, extra points would be extremely difficult to make. Just move it back 10-15, making it around a 30 yarder would still be an easy kick but it is still a lot harder to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Yup. I hate anything that increases the likelihood that a fluke kick decides the game.

vCash
    Maybe a 30 yarder but 43 is a bit much.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    If you're going to do anything, just make touchdowns seven points. (Although there would be no more 'picks sixes'.)

PATs take, what, 30-45 seconds? Let's say they take a a minute. In the Super Bowl, PATs would have accounted for ~6 minutes.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    They're not interested in speeding up their games. They're interested in adding excitement. I never thought they'd push it back so far but I expected eventually they would do something, considering how nearly automatic they have become. And, before someone says "they're supposed to be automatic"- no they're not. Automatic is six points; you earn the rest. Why not make it interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    They're not interested in speeding up their games. They're interested in adding excitement. I never thought they'd push it back so far but I expected eventually they would do something, considering how nearly automatic they have become. And, before someone says "they're supposed to be automatic"- no they're not. Automatic is six points; you earn the rest. Why not make it interesting.
    If you want excitement then eliminate it altogether
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Im not a fan of it at all, but the length is even more of an issue, at least 30 would be more of a challenge.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast