Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Question What is Reggie doing?

Per Rotoworld

The Raiders didn't use the franchise tag on LT Jared Veldheer or RE Lamarr Houston by Monday afternoon's deadline.
    It means there's nothing to stop Veldheer or Houston from reaching the open market if that's their heart's desire. It's a surprising decision from the Raiders, who have not only the league's worst roster, but also the most cap space. GM Reggie McKenzie must be confident he can get Veldheer locked up before the start of free agency, or believes he has a foolproof back-up plan. We wouldn't count on it. Veldheer will have no shortage of suitors if he reaches the open market, and they'll all be more competent than the team that made him the No. 69 pick of the 2010 draft.

i have stood behind Reggie even tho he has made a few key mistakes, now i just don't understand this... most of the top Free agents have been tagged so what is he doing? we are not in a position to lose any of these guys, our team is that bad and i am sorry to say if he doesn't lock both up soon i feel they will both leave.

seems like all he has done was bring back low value guys, with all the cap space i am really shocked we didn't lock these guys up sooner.

vCash
    This boggles my mind. Even the transition tag if you want to test their value would guarantee us 1st dibs. Im lost

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Omg the world is ending!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    take it easy, just saying we need a little more sense of urgency.

vCash
    What's Reggie McKenzie doing? He's not doing what the former regime did....overpay talent. He's gonna allow the market to set their value and then act accordingly.

I actually like this approach. Just because you have a "pocket full of money heading for the arcade", it's best to not have "pac man fever"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    This boggles my mind. Even the transition tag if you want to test their value would guarantee us 1st dibs. Im lost
    Bubba Franks went this route one time and got zero offers. Then what, if this happened to Houston? I'm sure he'd get an offer, but if you think ANY team would give up two 1sts for Houston, I have ten acres of farmland in the Mojave desert...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    What's Reggie McKenzie doing? He's not doing what the former regime did....overpay talent. He's gonna allow the market to set their value and then act accordingly.

I actually like this approach. Just because you have a "pocket full of money heading for the arcade", it's best to not have "pac man fever"...
    he locked up branch before testing the open market, who to me was very overrated but didn't get a crazy deal... i believe 7mil a year

vCash
    He should have resigned veldheer already. However, Im glad he didn't use the tag. It's a waste of cap space.

vCash

What is Reggie doing?

I wouldn't be sad to see Houston go...solid but not spectacular player and DE FA group is deep but to lose Veldheer on the other hand would be a blow. He's an above average LT. I hope RM locks him up soon before FA starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post
    I wouldn't be sad to see Houston go...solid but not spectacular player and DE FA group is deep but to lose Veldheer on the other hand would be a blow. He's an above average LT. I hope RM locks him up soon before FA starts.
    I agree with all of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kola View Post
    he locked up branch before testing the open market, who to me was very overrated but didn't get a crazy deal... i believe 7mil a year
    Very good point. The biggest problems I have with McKenzie thus far are the guys he chose to extend. Strange list. Kickers and long snappers, fullbacks who can't block....awful olinemen.

The guys who are questioning McKenzie are not short on ammunition.

However, that said....I have no problem in the least with refusing to continue handing out strange parcels of money.

-Stork

vCash
    I put up a post on this very thing, got taken down.

I think we lock up JV, as there are several top tier LTs on the market and that will set value. With JV's torn tricep last year, he will be the least attractive.

With Orakpo and Hardy tagged, Houston will get over paid somewhere, IMO.

I know my job is on the line!!

vCash
    I don't have any concerns regarding Houston.

Veldheer however, we better sign him to a LTC. If we don't sign him, and the draft a OT with the 5th overall pick, I would be disgusted.

vCash
    ^ x 10.. It would be an ***** chapper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Two back to back 4-12 seasons. YES the world is ending!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast