Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Dolphins resign Brent Grimess

At least we got one thing right this offseason!

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    All depends on the money.

It's 4 years, just waiting on the dollars

vCash
    Because he got 4 years and he is already 30 I would assume it's a good deal for us. No way we over pay him and give him a long contract

vCash

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    Bah little higher than I wanted... but figured it would be in that ball park. Hope deal is made so we can get out after 2nd year if need be.

vCash
    Great deal in my opinion. 8 mill a year is just under top 10. He would've made 9 easy on the open market.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    I don't think he would of, not at 31. I thought he would get 7-8 a season, so it's right on the money. Just had hoped we got him under that but I can live with it. It is risky though older CBS break down quick that's why I was willing to let him walk and sign a younger guy.

vCash
    Only $16mil guaranteed, good deal

vCash
    Fantastic deal, easily market value.

I like our new GM already....

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    This is a great deal. You don't keep great players by underpaying them. The guy got what he deserved and we got a great corner for at least the next 2 years. Ireland would have ****ed this up Hickey did not... +1 for new GM.

vCash
    I also thought $7-8M/yr was our target for him. I think this is a huge signing and great for our team. He will be older but in our system, its not a lot of man to man, so I’m not too worried about him breaking down. I’m hoping Ronde Barber-esque health from him going forward.

vCash
    Dolphins re-signed CB Brent Grimes to a four-year, $32 million contract.
    Grimes, who got $16 million guaranteed, won't be hitting the market. It's a major score for new GM Dennis Hickey, who retains a shutdown corner a year and a half after Jeff Ireland traded Vontae Davis away. Grimes was PFF's No. 2 corner last season and Davis was No. 3. We're expecting a lot of the guaranteed money to be paid up front thanks to Grimes' age (he'll turn 31 in July), but it's a well-deserved haul. Last season, Grimes tied for 11th in interceptions with four, sixth in pass breakups with 16 and allowed a mere 66.3 passer rating with zero touchdowns when targeted. He was our No. 1 free agent corner.
    Added info/details from Roto

vCash
    Also Grimes seems to be what I would consider a true leader. He isn't a vocal **** talking pump everybody up type guy, but he is a lead by example guy. He takes care of business and works hard and doesn't point fingers. I think that goes a long way especially in a younger secondary. We need him out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    Also Grimes seems to be what I would consider a true leader. He isn't a vocal **** talking pump everybody up type guy, but he is a lead by example guy. He takes care of business and works hard and doesn't point fingers. I think that goes a long way especially in a younger secondary. We need him out there.
    Agreed, we absolutely needed to keep him after the year he had and our lack of depth at the position. Now with one CB locked in, we can hope one of our rookies from last year's draft plays well enough to secure the job opposite Grimes. Suddenly in pretty good shape, really pleased with this deal.

Hickey 1, Fireland 0

So far so good for our new GM. Can't wait to see what happens when the new league year opens.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    If we had a guy like Grimes playing alongside either Davis or Smith I think they would have worked out much better. I think that we did those guys a disservice by not having a leader for them to emulate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast