Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Team Wins in a 7-game Series?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Los Angeles

10 55.56%
  • 4. Dallas

7 38.89%
  • GMs Click Here

1 5.56%
    vCash

Bulls' Mock Playoffs: LAC vs DAL

This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

1. Los Angeles
    PG: Chris Paul - Darren Collison - Patty Mills
    SG: Wesley Matthews - Danny Green - Jeremy Lamb
    SF: Paul Pierce - Gerald Green - P.J. Tucker
    PF: Anthony Davis - Luis Scola - Josh McRoberts
    C: Brook Lopez - Channing Frye - Ed Davis

4. Dallas
    PG: Kyle Lowry - C.J. Watson - C.J. McCollum
    SG: Arron Afflalo - Martell Webster - James Jones - Tony Snell
    SF: Kawhi Leonard - Wesley Johnson - Chris Singleton
    PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Jason Thompson
    C: Andre Drummond - Samuel Dalembert - Aaron Gray

*** Los Angeles has Home-court advantage

Dallas Write-Up
    Congrats to Brent on making his team the #1 seed in the Western Conference. Rather than lauding him for his accomplishment, let me break down why Dallas has the right team to pull off an upset:

We have a number of great defenders to cover Chris Paul and make his job tougher. Lowry, Afflalo, Leonard, and Watson can all see time covering Chris Paul giving him different looks, height-adjustments, wing-span inspections, and so forth. The second point of LAC's attack is Brook Lopez, who will be guarded by Andre Drummond. Lopez may win this matchup with his ability to pull Drummond away from the basket, but Drummond will have the luxury of having a great perimeter defense to slow down any penetration giving him time to give weak-side help. Then LAC has Anthony Davis, a great player that will be guarded primarily by Dirk. Yes, that's not exactly ideal for my team, but Davis is still rather unpolished offensively.

Matthews will see Afflalo, and even some Lowry and Leonard on occasion pending on the situation. Whichever of Afflalo or Leonard isn't guarding Matthews, will have the assignment of guarding the age-stricken and woefully under-performing Paul Pierce.

The rebounding differential is in favor of my team by a smidge, we can all acknowledge how mediocre Nowitkzi and Lopez are at rebounding, and how great Davis and Drummond are. The bigs cancel each other out at different positions, but my starting backcourt and Leonard will take care of the glass as a unit ahead of CP3/Matthews/Pierce.

Finally, our offensive attack will run through plenty of pick and rolls with Lowry/Dirk, with guys like Afflalo/Leonard spacing the floor. We will force Davis away from the basket to mitigate his rebounding abilities and shot-blocking prowess, which in turn gives Drummond an advantage of rebounding over Brook Lopez. Yeah, Dallas will get a lot of offensive boards.

The benches as a whole are both good, but seeing how I don't have to rely on any of my bench players to give a starter a long-duration of rest like LAC must do with Paul Pierce at his age, my starters will do most of the damage. As a whole, with great perimeter defense to slow down Paul and fantastic rebounding and spacing, my team has a real shot at this. My players are all highly efficient and will force LAC to play both ends, putting more pressure on them defensively.

This series will be close, but I think Dallas will pull off the upset in 7 games.

vCash
    I think Dallas is the best team in the game

vCash
    Leaning LAC.

vCash
    bump

vCash
    I just feel like when the 3rd strings come in that DAL has no answer for Josh McRoberts.

LAC in 4.

vCash
    that's definitely a weakness of my team

vCash
    bump

vCash
    Last call to vote! Voting closes in 5 hours

vCash
    Its pretty close but i have to be honest Dirk-Leonard-Afflalo is a good fit.
    But LAC is great with CP3, AD and Lopez but i like the balance and spacing in dallas.

To me, LAC has the best player but i dont think it has the best team... its pretty close. This was hard to vote.
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    2 hours to vote, can DAL make a comeback?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1:28079277
    Its pretty close but i have to be honest Dirk-Leonard-Afflalo is a good fit.
    But LAC is great with CP3, AD and Lopez but i like the balance and spacing in dallas.

To me, LAC has the best player but i dont think it has the best team... its pretty close. This was hard to vote.
    There are 3 great players in this series and LAC has two of them in CP3 and Anthony Davis and I LOVE how a healthy Brook Lopez fits with both of them on both ends of the court.

vCash
    Yup, LAC's a great team and they advance to the Conference Finals