Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA Players React To Allen Iverson's Retirement; Nothing but RESPECT!

To anyone that tries to shun this mans legacy and lables him negatively....just check out the reactions from some of the greatest ever below...this shows that you idiots that have never touched a ball in your life can dog a man for shooting too much all day....it takes ABILITY and the confidence of your coach and team to get shots off .

Nothing but respect and love for AI last night from Kobe, to KD, to LeBron...they even call him the greatest ever.

http://www.balldontstop.com/nba-play...ns-retirement/

vCash
    the guy was an icon and tremendously formative. i'm sure a TON of current players grew up idolizing him. i did as well. he and t-mac were the only basketball shoes i ever bought. i had a ton of AI apparel. his legacy will never waver in those regards.

but as a basketball player there were some chinks in his game. it is what it is. those guys all obviously respect the hell out of him, as they should....and on the day he got his jersey hoisted they had some hugely praiseworthy things to say about him. maybe some hyperbole, but whatever.

let me ask your, randy, where do you rank him all time?

vCash
    Do you seriously believe that AI is the greatest ever? Are you saying he never clashed with coaches and teammates over his poor shot selection and inconsistent ability to run an offense? And sure some people might have had an issue with him shooting so much, but the biggest issue was always that he MISSED alot.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    He was the GOAT obviously ever but he was an amazing player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Do you seriously believe that AI is the greatest ever? Are you saying he never clashed with coaches and teammates over his poor shot selection and inconsistent ability to run an offense? And sure some people might have had an issue with him shooting so much, but the biggest issue was always that he MISSED alot.
    i used to think that but what players have said about him, Lebron, CP3 has changed my mind. Those two players arguably have the highest bb IQ in the league and Lebron said he was his favourite player along with Jordan. I am going to take Lebron's word of how good he was.

vCash
    Also, does anyone think they would trash him or put his career in complete perspective on the day he gets his jersey retired? Im pretty sure nobody is that much of a dick. Maybe Rick Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyvine View Post
    i used to think that but what players have said about him, Lebron, CP3 has changed my mind. Those two players arguably have the highest bb IQ in the league and Lebron said he was his favourite player along with Jordan. I am going to take Lebron's word of how good he was.
    What did you used to think and what did they say?

vCash
    Lol do you really expect someone to trash him today?
    ]

vCash
    Iverson is your favorite players favorite player. People like to recreate history but at a certain point he was in the best player in the league conversation and definitely the most popular.

He didnt get MVP by accident.

vCash
    nobody is going to bad mouth a guy during a jersey retirement thing,nobody is that much of a dick.he was one of my favorite players to watch ever,but he was massively overrated by his fans because of that streetball style and the whole persona(favoring style over substance).he was good ,but a lower tier "great"
    Last edited by abe_froman; 03-02-2014 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Iverson is your favorite players favorite player. People like to recreate history but at a certain point he was in the best player in the league conversation and definitely the most popular.

He didnt get MVP by accident.
    What exactly are we recreating? I dont think anyone ever said he wasn't popular or beloved for his size, heart and style, just like nobody denies that he had poor practice habits, or that his attitude/ignorance prevented him from staying in the league while he obviously still had something left in the tank. He was a gifted athlete who couldn't retain his dominance because it was a game based on speed and misdirection as opposed to efficient shooting/passing.

And he got an MVP that even he admits belongs to Shaq. Can we take it away because he said that or would that be recreating history in a manner you dont like?

He was never the best player in the league, not even close. Duncan, KG and Shaq were always CLEARLY better.

You can maybe make an argument for top 10.
    Last edited by Chronz; 03-02-2014 at 07:49 PM.

vCash
    Someone has to start being a d1ck in a topic. ( Btw his name is Chronz)

vCash
    love how the list was 90% chuckers LOL

my point EXACTLY about his influence on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG21 View Post
    Someone has to start being a d1ck in a topic. ( Btw his name is Chronz)
    Shots were fired in the OP, when he called AI detractors idiots.

I love AI. If only his fanatics didn't overrate the **** out of him. Believe me, I still have his shoes, I love that he pretty much brought back throwback jerseys for a period back then. I loved his heart and hustle.

Just hate his fanboys.

vCash
    You have to love the Respect!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What exactly are we recreating? I dont think anyone ever said he wasn't popular or beloved for his size, heart and style, just like nobody denies that he had poor practice habits, or that his attitude/ignorance prevented him from staying in the league while he obviously still had something left in the tank. He was a gifted athlete who couldn't retain his dominance because it was a game based on speed and misdirection as opposed to efficient shooting/passing.

And he got an MVP that even he admits belongs to Shaq. Can we take it away because he said that or would that be recreating history in a manner you dont like?

He was never the best player in the league, not even close. Duncan, KG and Shaq were always CLEARLY better.

You can maybe make an argument for top 10.
    why you so butt hurt bro
    1. You're reading my signature.
    2. Now you're saying/thinking that's a stupid fact.
    4. You didn't notice that I skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my signature.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You think this is a clever signature.
    13. You're still reading.
    14. Why are you still reading?
    15. You ignore my question.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast