Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jhonny Peralta: Yankees Offered Me three Year Contract and Were My Preferred NY Team

Jhonny Peralta said the Yankees offered him a three-year contract and the opportunity to play third base, Mike Puma of the New York Post reports (Twitter links). The Yankees were Peralta's preferred Big Apple team since the Mets only offered him a two-year deal that Peralta described as "not really good." Of course, Peralta overcame the stigma of his 50-game PED suspension last season to sign a four-year, $53MM contract with the Cardinals as their everyday shortstop.
    Source- MLBTR

Good stuff! First Omar Infante rejects our three year $24 million offer, to sign a four year $30.25 million dollar contract with the Royals, and Jhonny Peralta rejects our three year offer to sign a four year $53 million dollar contract with the Cardinals. Very interesting.

Peralta 31, batted .303 with 11 Home runs as the Tigers starting short stop before succumbed to a 50-game, late-season suspension for PEDs in the Biogenesis Scandal. When the Tigers traded for Jose Iglesias, Jhonny Peralta Played LF for the Tigers in the Playoffs displaying his Versatility.
    Last edited by xabial; 03-02-2014 at 02:53 PM.

vCash

vCash
    nvm I can't read

Make Pete Rose An Offer He Cannot Refuse

vCash
    Not to upset on loosing out on a PED guy

vCash
    his face is too round anyway

vCash
    Peralta got a better deal than he deserved in my opinion. He's not a good glove guy and who knows what kind of hitter you're getting without the PEDs. I'm really surprised the Cardinals went with him and not Drew, who actually is a good SS.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .308 HR: NONE! RBI: 10 SB: 4 AGE: 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Peralta got a better deal than he deserved in my opinion. He's not a good glove guy and who knows what kind of hitter you're getting without the PEDs. I'm really surprised the Cardinals went with him and not Drew, who actually is a good SS.
    The Cardinals have a history of not giving up draft picks, specifically 1st rounders for FA. I think that was presumably the difference in why they chose Peralta over Drew.

I really don't know what the Tigers were thinking not extending him the QO. The Doug Fister for Steve Lombardozzi, Ian Kroll, and Robbie Ray deal was a head scratcher too imo. (although I do like Ray)
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-03-2014 at 01:39 AM.

vCash
    He got alot better deal from the Cards and every though he got busted for PEDS it sure would be nice to have him in our infield this yr. Unless were able to trade one of our back up catchers for some infield help or sign Drew or IF doesn't exactly look real good. We could have definitely used him

vCash
    (Try to) Sign Everyone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Cardinals have a history of not giving up draft picks, specifically 1st rounders for FA. I think that was presumably the difference in why they chose Peralta over Drew.

I really don't know what the Tigers were thinking not extending him the QO. The Doug Fister for Steve Lombardozzi, Ian Kroll, and Robbie Ray deal was a head scratcher too imo. (although I do like Ray)
    It was a horrible trade. Fister as the potential number 4 starter in Washington's rotation is really, really scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    It was a horrible trade. Fister as the potential number 4 starter in Washington's rotation is really, really scary.
    Easily the worst deal of the off season. The Tigers got worse, losing Fielder, Benoit, Fister, Peralta, and Infante and gaining only Nathan, Kinsler and the guys they got in the Fister trade.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

vCash
    Easily the worst deal of the off season. The Tigers got worse, losing Fielder, Benoit, Fister, Peralta, and Infante and gaining only Nathan, Kinsler and the guys they got in the Fister trade.
    Dare I say it, but could Kansas City make a run for that division crown this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Dare I say it, but could Kansas City make a run for that division crown this season?
    The Royals are my prediction to be this year's Pirates and, yes, they could challenge for the AL Central title. They're a pretty solid team. If nothing else, they have a leg up on the wild card race because they play in the weakest division, and they'll be playing large numbers of games against the White Sox and Twins while the AL East and AL West teams are beating up on each other. The Indians got into the playoffs last year by crushing the doormat teams in the AL Central, and I think the Royals are better than the Indians, who lost 40% of their starting rotation (Jimenez and Kazmir) to free agency.

vCash
    The Royals are my prediction to be this year's Pirates and, yes, they could challenge for the AL Central title. They're a pretty solid team. If nothing else, they have a leg up on the wild card race because they play in the weakest division, and they'll be playing large numbers of games against the White Sox and Twins while the AL East and AL West teams are beating up on each other. The Indians got into the playoffs last year by crushing the doormat teams in the AL Central, and I think the Royals are better than the Indians, who lost 40% of their starting rotation (Jimenez and Kazmir) to free agency.
    Yup the Royals seem like a pretty solid pick this year. I don't really see the Indians replicating their success last season, kind of similar to the Orioles' fluke season 2 years ago.

vCash
    Problem is their ace, James "Big Game" Shields is 32 years old (Turning 33 this season). Their GM was so desperate for a starter he traded ROY, and consensus top prospect Wil Myers for him. That move hurts, and I'm not even a Royals fan. Worse than the Doug Fister trade in my opinion. I know Hindsight is 20/20 but imagine, if the Royals kept Wil Myers and built around him?

Remind me what the Nats traded for a 26 year old Gio Gonzalez? Or a 29 year old Doug Fister? I don't know how the Nats GM does it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast