Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kobe believes it will be a "Hell of a run" to end his career as a Laker

What does he know?

Kobe: "We all know the end is coming up but it's going to be a hell of a run." (Via @serenawinters)

Kobe signed a two-year $48.5 million extension with the Lakers last November. The contract is set to expire in 2016 which would mark Kobe’s 20th season with the Lakers. Throughout his Laker career, he has won five NBA Championships and remains on his quest for a sixth ring.

Hopes for the sixth title came up short last season despite having a roster that included new additions Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. Nash found himself injured throughout the year and still feels the effects of those injuries this year. Chemistry issues between Kobe and Dwight put a further dent on the Lakers struggles last season and was seen as a reason why Howard left Los Angeles for Houston in free agency.

Injuries have derailed Kobe and the Lakers this entire season. When Kobe tore his Achilles last April, many people wondered when the Black Mamba would return. Kobe would eventually make his return to the floor on Dec. 8 against the Toronto Raptors and played in five more games before suffering a fractured knee in a matchup with the Memphis Grizzlies. While Kobe remains sidelined, the Lakers see themselves with no playoff hopes and headed toward a top five pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

Despite the grim season, Kobe is looking forward for what the future holds for the Lakers. The Lakers have a chance to select a young and promising talent in June and can get complementary pieces in free agency this summer.

Whatever happens next for the Lakers, Kobe appears ready to take on whatever challenges awaits him when he returns and make the most out of his remaining years in the league.
    http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bry...un/2014/03/01/
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Starting to lose confidence in Lakers FO(not completely but its leaving me fast) but I still trust Kobe. I like these comments. Interesting to see what happens next few years, it'll be a roller coaster for sure

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Whatever happens, I hope Kobe stays healthy the next two years, that's all that matters, he deserves to enjoy the last two years of his unbelievable career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Whatever happens, I hope Kobe stays healthy the next two years, that's all that matters, he deserves to enjoy the last two years of his unbelievable career.
    Who knows, he might sign for cheap to play limited minutes (15-20?) after those two seasons. At this point it's more wishful thinking than anything else, but hey, if he can stay healthy it's a possibility. The 6th ring can still happen, would be epic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    Who knows, he might sign for cheap to play limited minutes (15-20?) after those two seasons. At this point it's more wishful thinking than anything else, but hey, if he can stay healthy it's a possibility. The 6th ring can still happen, would be epic
    just watch next year dude..doubters doubt..he's gonna prove you wrong!!!

vCash
    Ill add more fuel Kobe. You cant win without Jackson. Mike System is not for you and Nash will be 41 starting next to you keep dreaming. Lakers can be good in two seasons but it depends on who can come in and trump you. unfortunately your contract may not make that possible. That self confidence made you great but those days are at the door. Lets leave that and see who comes on board because I know the days of you leading Lakers are over. This is a new era and it don't include stars like KG, Nash, Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, Marion, Pierce, etc. I say he should have fun and enjoy his last two years and not take it to serious.
    Last edited by ldawg; 03-02-2014 at 09:10 AM.

vCash
    Without Phil Kobe's just another hyped-up ball hog and he's not winning jack *** with this dumbass coach

vCash
    Kobe self confidence wont help this team. It has to be a team effort especially on the defensive end so it will boil down to who they sign. Lakers could be in game 7 down 15 with a minute left Kobe will still fell they can win so that aint saying nothing much.

vCash
    Last edited by Vinylman; 03-02-2014 at 10:27 AM.

vCash
    I wish you guys well, I really do. And I wish Kobe the best of luck. But my worry is this, and I wonder what the Laker fans thought. Kobe is, and has been pro-active. I know what Mitch will wanna try and do, and that is take his high Lottery pick this draft, play next season with basically the same kind of players they did this season, which is basically aged Vets on 1 year deals so Mitch can have the Cap space after the 2015 season to sign Kevin Love, who will likely Opt out. Then after the 2015/16 season, when Kobe's deal is off the books, sign Durant. But in order to do that, they would have to renounce Kobe, so the only way Kobe could comeback to play a 21st season would be as a Minimum Vet wage.

But as I said, Kobe next season will not wanna play with " Scrub " players. He will want Mitch to go all out this coming off season to get whatever proven NBA players right now, like Maybe a Deng, or a Rudy Gay, or whoever. But if Kobe insists Mitch do that, then the Lakers lose any chances at K-Love, and Duarnt. Cause honestly, Kobe will not be happy wasting what likely will be his final 2 seasons busting his AZZ playing with 1 year contracted scrubs.

vCash
    Enjoy the last sprint of one of the greatest player in the history of the game! How fats some Laker fans forget who the Mamba has been for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jga...e_gdata_player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Enjoy the last sprint of one of the greatest player in the history of the game! How fats some Laker fans forget who the Mamba has been for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jga...e_gdata_player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cirzti View Post
    just watch next year dude..doubters doubt..he's gonna prove you wrong!!!
    I hope so, I still have faith that he can comeback and be a top-15 player.

vCash
    Kobe will not win another ring on a team where he is the 1st or 2nd option.

vCash
    Jeff G.: You just signed a two-year deal…talk about what that means to you and what the fans can expect the last two years from Kobe.

Kobe: This year, we all know it’s been a real tough year for us right? So what I’d like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down because next year it ain’t gunna be this way.

Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick.”
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-and-its-quick
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast