Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,865
    vCash
    1500

    Mark Cuban: NCAA is 'hypocritical'

    You don't have to pretend. We don't have to pretend. A major college has to pretend that they're treating them like a student-athlete, and it's a big lie and we all know it's a big lie. At least at most schools, not all. ... But we can put more of an emphasis on their education. We can plan it out, have tutors. We can do all kinds of things that the NCAA doesn't allow schools to do that would really put the individual first.

    "You have to develop some level of maturity, and that has to be part of the process," Cuban said. "You don't want to bring kids in and just abandon them. That'd be the worst thing we could do.

    "We'd have to make it so where there'd be very strict policies and rules so that, even if you're not going to go to [college] class, there's going be life [skills] classes -- how do you deal with the world? -- and you have to attend those. You have to keep up with those. We'd have very strict [rules] on why you'd be suspended if you didn't live up to them. Things that should be done to student-athletes in college and are just not. Or not always."


    "We'd have to think it through," Cuban said. "I'm not trying to jump to conclusions and say I've analyzed this whole thing out. I haven't. But what I'm saying the interest is you're to maximize your ability for your chosen profession but you'd also have to make a commitment of some sort one way or the other, either to life skills training and/or academic training."

    One conclusion that Cuban has reached: Playing in the NCAA is not the ideal way to prepare for an NBA career. He hopes the D-League emerges as a clearly superior option.

    "Then you wouldn't be under the stupidity of the NCAA," Cuban said. "There's no reason for the NCAA to exist. None."

    Link*** http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...er-option-ncaa
    To me, this is Billionaires smelling a new source of income. The NCAA will fall very quickly, if these owners want it to.
    Last edited by Dade County; 03-01-2014 at 06:38 PM.



    Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,290
    vCash
    1150
    Cuban is an extremely intelligent individual. He probably has an agenda here, but he also has a point.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    To me, this is Billionaires smelling a new source of income. The NCAA will fall very quickly, if these owners want it to.
    Did Mark Cuban read my thread or something? I basically ripped on the NCAA for not developing players properly a week a go and now he's saying this...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    Did Mark Cuban read my thread or something? I basically ripped on the NCAA for not developing players properly a week a go and now he's saying this...
    I do agree. I think it would benefit the NBA and the players if they use the D-League as a farm system.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    Did Mark Cuban read my thread or something? I basically ripped on the NCAA for not developing players properly a week a go and now he's saying this...

    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    I do agree. I think it would benefit the NBA and the players if they use the D-League as a farm system.
    I think if the NBA adds a twist to the D league, fans will support it. I can sense the NBA owners want to find away to get some of the NCAA endorsement dollars away from them.

    I think the league should have there D league players play globally... This will draw the attention of fans locally here in the U.S, plus it would give the NBA board leaders some insight on taking the NBA game globally, for real.



    Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37,067
    vCash
    1000
    Who cares if he has an agenda....he's ****ing right.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,959
    vCash
    1500
    vertical divisions with promotion and relegation.
    every damm city or town in the usa has at least one team.
    Teams have yout schemes and bring up their own players since they are kids

    Would do wonders for player loyalty, fans involvement with teams, less bandwaggon, better rivalries , teams never relocating , finish tanking etc etc.
    ]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    vertical divisions with promotion and relegation.
    every damm city or town in the usa has at least one team.
    Teams have yout schemes and bring up their own players since they are kids

    Would do wonders for player loyalty, fans involvement with teams, less bandwaggon, better rivalries , teams never relocating , finish tanking etc etc.
    I don't see the endorsement dollars in this idea (I think Europe does it this way). I think the D league players playing all over the world, will attract more fans to watch (NBA Tv late night...etc)

    But maybe the league should start it's games, 2 weeks after the NBA Final's... So thirsty NBA fans can watch the future players of the league in action against over sea's teams.



    Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I think if the NBA adds a twist to the D league, fans will support it. I can sense the NBA owners want to find away to get some of the NCAA endorsement dollars away from them.

    I think the league should have there D league players play globally... This will draw the attention of fans locally here in the U.S, plus it would give the NBA board leaders some insight on taking the NBA game globally, for real.
    I think the D-league should be strictly for Players who weren't drafted, drafted player who aren't ready for the NBA and players who are ineligible for the draft. It would be too hard to sell that league to High school prospects because they wouldn't get much time playing with NBA draftees which would stump their development. The NBA should model themselves after the NHL where they have the AHL ( D-league equivalent) and then they have the CHL which is just for amateur prospects (draft eligible players). This way the draft eligible players in the NBA could play in a top amateur league with NBA rules which would prepare them better for the league.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    987
    vCash
    1500
    But if players stop going to college then no more march madness excitement.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DillyDill View Post
    But if players stop going to college then no more march madness excitement.
    This will force the NCAA to collapse



    Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    339
    vCash
    1500
    The D-league needs to be used more by the NBA teams. Just like the NHL and MLB do with their minor league teams where they develop their prospects.

    NCAA just so bogus.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    This will force the NCAA to collapse
    or it could force them to use NBA rules either way I'm for it...I don't think the NCAA will ever collapse but I could see them being stuck with scrubs for rosters.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    This will force the NCAA to collapse
    But that would succ!!...Like Toronto said scrubs on those roster who would watch that?

  15. 03-13-2014, 03:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •