Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Amendola is being shopped around for trades

vCash
    Which pretty much means the front office knows they blew it

vCash
    the sad thing is everyone feels amendola did disappoint as a patriot so i would think it lessens his trade value badly.teams with interest might sit back and wait the pats out rather than trade for him.

vCash
    Yah the pats never leak info. So I dout this is true… Trading him also means we lose cap space not gain it

vCash
    I would consider just a 6th-7th pick in any draft for him. Obviously on just a performance he's worth more, but if the rumors are true about just wanting a salary dump then I would consider it seeing how if you cut someone you get nothing.

Now would we be responsible for any of his salary if traded?

vCash
    When the Pats first cut him it won't result in any cap savings. On June 1st, we can push $3.6 million of his dead money into next year. That can be part of the cap space we use to sign rookies. In the meantime we can spend it on free agents. And with the cap expected to go up by another $10 mil next season according to reports pushing back the dead money to next year isn't as bad is it once seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    When the Pats first cut him it won't result in any cap savings. On June 1st, we can push $3.6 million of his dead money into next year. That can be part of the cap space we use to sign rookies. In the meantime we can spend it on free agents. And with the cap expected to go up by another $10 mil next season according to reports pushing back the dead money to next year isn't as bad is it once seemed.
    Yeah, we've both reported this several times before. There are advantages to dealing/cutting him. And I agree with the poster that said the Pats don't leak. That just weakens their position and causes issues if he isn't cut/moved.

BTW Pat fan reaction to him is an interesting study. He played great his first game, got hurt came back and played when he didn't have to (could have had an operation). He's getting dissed because so many people didn't like what happened with Welker and took it out on him - because god knows he wasn't really any more injured than Edelman was his first 4 years.

To me it's about the locker room and Brady, if they don't like him/trust him - fine - move on.

But as for Welker, I saw him on the way out for several years and am glad he's gone - for reasons I've gone into great depth on before.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 03-01-2014 at 10:25 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I agree and we might have a resolution to the hernandez situation as well by then.

vCash

Amendola is being shopped around for trades

The thing is though, are you going to be able to resign Edelman for equal or near to the value of DAs contract? If Edelman wants 4yrs at 6-6.5 M is the difference in the two players worth that, plus the charge next year? I like Edelman, it's just a sticky situation with how things worked out last season (performance, contracts, player skill sets on offense).
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    The thing is though, are you going to be able to resign Edelman for equal or near to the value of DAs contract? If Edelman wants 4yrs at 6-6.5 M is the difference in the two players worth that, plus the charge next year? I like Edelman, it's just a sticky situation with how things worked out last season (performance, contracts, player skill sets on offense).
    On a FA ranking site I saw the rankings for WR's. JE was ranked behind Cooper and Boldin.

Cooper just got 5yrs 25M
    Another site said possibly 17.5M range over 3 yrs. for Boldin who has had an excellent career but is 33. That is high IMO.
    Macklin got 3.5M for 1yr

That said and keep in mind I am huge Edelman fan and trying to be realistic at the same time. I think JE falls in behind Cooper and Boldin somewhere at the 4-4.5 range. That is a good deal for all. Again being a big fan of JE there is no way JE or Decker are getting anywhere near 8.5 and 6.5 respectively.

vCash
    Things were looking good for Amendola. Developing that rapport w/ Brady, looking great in the OTAs, and was awesome in week 1 and then the groin injury. Too much of a risk to think he'll be able to play injury free at all in the future if New England doesn't re-sign Edelman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    Things were looking good for Amendola. Developing that rapport w/ Brady, looking great in the OTAs, and was awesome in week 1 and then the groin injury. Too much of a risk to think he'll be able to play injury free at all in the future if New England doesn't re-sign Edelman.
    Pats have not including Amendola or Edelman 3 players that could play slot. This draft is very thick with top notch slot players if we really want to add to that.

To me we can't afford Amendola AND Edelman. One or the other or as I have suggested neither. I'd rather take our 3 kids, add a couple UDFA's plus maybe a low risk FA and shake out a starting slot and back-up WR out of that combo - then go ahead and take the money not spent on Edelman and Amendola, and get two moderate or one very good and two $1M stab in the dark guys, add Dobson and come up with two outside starting WR's on the roster. We need to come up with 4 credible starters, a good backup, and Slater is the 6th guy. With one of the top 4-5 TE's drafted into the mix, Gronk and Vereen that's a pretty nice group.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    a 5th round pick would be perfect. i dont know if any team will bite cuz his contract sucks. either way get him out of here and move edelman to the slot permanently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briz almighty View Post
    a 5th round pick would be perfect. i dont know if any team will bite cuz his contract sucks. either way get him out of here and move edelman to the slot permanently.
    Definitely. Any type of pick would get us out from under his contract. Edelmen can play in or outside so there are options. Boyce or Edelman could play both spots with Dobson outside.

I said I thought Boldin was in the 17.5 over 3 yrs range turns out it was a bit low. He got 12 over 2 with 9 guaranteed. The Pats should be able to have an idea of what they feel JE's value is now.

vCash
    Does this mean we'll pick up a FA in Trade or FA?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast