Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

And with the 5th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select...

Alright we all like to be keyboard GMs. If you were the General Manager of the Oakland Raiders who do you select at 5/ trade back with? Also who do you believe gets selected before the Raiders?

Houston- Teddy Bridgewater
    St. Louis- Greg Robinson
    Atlanta (Jax Trade)- Jadaveon Clowney
    Clevland- Blake Bortles
    Oakland- Khalil Mack

This team desperately needs a playmaker in the front 7. Mack has great strength and pass rushing ability, solid block sheddar, and can drop back in coverage. A very versatile pick as Ive read he can line up as a 4-3 olb, 4-3 de, 4-3 mike, and 3-4 olb.

I understand this is similar to the War Room so if you need to move it do so
    Last edited by NYRaiderLove; 03-01-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    1. MANZIEL (NOT BUYING THIS TALK OF BRIDGEWATER BEING ONLY QB THEY'LL TAKE, I THINK JM IS THE PICK, JUST CAN'T BE OBVIOUS ABOUT IT)
    2. CLOWNEY (THE LEAST LIKELY PLAYER TO BE THERE AT #5)
    3. BRIDGEWATER (LACK OF COMPETITION IS WHAT MAKES HIM NOTCH BELOW MANZIEL IMO)

I think QB has to be the pick here, and hopefully it will be. Yes we have many holes, but I think most of those can be filled in free agency, the one position that can't be filled in Free Agency is the QB position so that's where I'm coming from. Obtaining a QB is very difficult to do without having a high pick, and after this season, I don't see us having this low of again. We won 4 games, 5th worst team with no money, now we have the most out of any team so only see us getting better

vCash
    I would take Sammy in the first and get our QB in the 2nd
    I know it is back wards thinking but I love both guys I think we can get
    like I said Sammy in the First and Jimmy in the 2nd. I love both these guys.
    This combo is vary comparable to Green and Dalton, Hell I'll take that.

vCash
    There are a ton of good options at #5.

Teddy Bridgewater is the absolute star of this draft IMO - he'll be a damned good QB from start to finish. He's also unlikely to fall to #5 barring some kind of a miracle, so I imagine the Raiders will be left to choose from Matthews, Robinson, Clowney, Mack or Watkins - all of whom are damned strong prospects.

For all we know, the Raiders could draft Watkins / Robinson / Matthews at #5 and still get Mettenberger, McCarron, Boyd, Murray or Mathews in later rounds; there's some buzz surrounding Garoppolo, as well.

Oakland will have every opportunity to improve their roster.

vCash
    Garoppolo. Reggie finds his guy once again. He doesn't give a **** about where others think he may have gone. Expect a shock pick. After all it's Reggie drafting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    There are a ton of good options at #5.

Teddy Bridgewater is the absolute star of this draft IMO - he'll be a damned good QB from start to finish. He's also unlikely to fall to #5 barring some kind of a miracle, so I imagine the Raiders will be left to choose from Matthews, Robinson, Clowney, Mack or Watkins - all of whom are damned strong prospects.

For all we know, the Raiders could draft Watkins / Robinson / Matthews at #5 and still get Mettenberger, McCarron, Boyd, Murray or Mathews in later rounds; there's some buzz surrounding Garoppolo, as well.

Oakland will have every opportunity to improve their roster.
    and trading down once or twice will improve his chances of actually finding something.
    If I'm the guy calling the shots for this organization, here's what I would do with the #5 pick in this year's draft.

Trade down with Minnesota for their #8, #40 and #96 selections with Clowney and Bridge off the board.
    Trade the #8 pick to Dallas for their #16, #47, #146 and a pick next year (3rd/4th/5th) - I really don't like drafting Donald top 10, so I'll let Dallas do that and keep piling picks.

Here's how I have the first 15 picks shaking out, then who I'd pick at 16.

#1 - Houston selects QB - Blake Bortles
    #2 - Atlanta selects DE - Jadeveon Clowney
    #3 - Jacksonville selects QB - Teddy Bridgewater
    #4 - Cleveland selects WR - Sammy Watkins
    #5 - Minnesota selects QB - Johnny Manziel
    #6 - St. Louis selects OT - Greg Robinson
    #7 - Tampa Bay selects OLB - Khalil Mack
    #8 - Dallas selects DT - Aaron Donald
    #9 - Buffalo selects OLB - Anthony Barr
    #10 - Detroit selects CB - Justin Gilbert
    #11- Tennessee selects DE - Dee Ford
    #12 - New York Giants select OT - Jake Matthews
    #13 - Baltimore selects WR - Marquise Lee
    #14 - Chicago selects ILB - C.J. Mosley
    #15 - Pittsburgh selects DE - Kony Ealy
    #16 - Oakland selects DT - Timmy Jernigan

*note* this is my top 15, give or take a couple situations like Manziel being #5 and Donald being below Mack. That's just how the draft is, though, some needs force teams to push players higher up on the board, and some players slip because they have other needs or don't need that position. This is, for the most part, my "big board"
    Last edited by theGhost-isGone; 03-01-2014 at 09:22 PM.

vCash
    There should be a poll to make this fun. Assuming any of the players could be available at #5, who would you pick? And trading down should NOT be a poll option, as too many of us would do that...

vCash
    BPA or the best QB. Nothing else will do

she says go for the championship

vCash
    ...somebody that pisses us all off.

vCash
    I'll give you 3

I'm gonna say Mack or Manziel or Bortles

mack- cause he reminds everyone of Von Miller and Denis Allen knows how Von helped turn that denver defense around. Mayock said he is the best player in the draft. Reggie and DA are defense guys

manziel- cause Mark Davis loved him,
    Raiders need a QB and a reason for fans to come out he provides star power and fills a needs
    the Texas A&M connections i'm sure DA has the real inside scoop on the kid. His real weaknesses His real personality if he is a knucklehead or just has a wild streak like Kenny Stabler another lefty southern kid who liked to scramble.

bortles- just can't pass up a guy that looks like he can step right in and throw TD's at the NFL level with very little adjustments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    BPA or the best QB. Nothing else will do
    Agreed. I think OP was inquiring more about who your BPA is, and provide your scenario on who we pick with the selections before. So, who would you take? Who's your "best QB" and/or BPA?

I agree w/ you @FarOutIos we should have a poll to see who wants/would take what player at #5 overall sounds like fun!

vCash
    Johnny Manziel!

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    There should be a poll to make this fun. Assuming any of the players could be available at #5, who would you pick? And trading down should NOT be a poll option, as too many of us would do that...
    True that never made a poll. I'll check into that tomorrow. If it still allows me after a thread was created.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    And with the 5th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select...

Whatever QB Mark Davis wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    ...somebody that pisses us all off.
    Derek Carr. The Raiders board would blow up from overload. LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast