Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Paxson on Thibs: "He's going to be here and that's just the bottom line."

BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!

Anyway...

Thibodeau joined the "Kap and Haugh show" last week and put the drama to bed and Bulls VP of basketball operations John Paxson did the same Thursday.

"To me, it's a dead issue," Paxson told David Kaplan and David Haugh. "With [Bulls GM Gar Forman], it's a dead issue...[Tom] does like our team. When we talk about players with Tom, we're always talking about who fits us and who fits him and those types of things.

"You don't always agree, and that's the nature of the business. One of the funny things is that it just seems like if there is a different opinion between Gar and myself and Tom or anybody else, people want to make more out of it than it is.

"You've worked with people before and you don't always see things the same way. But the bottom line is, at the end of the day, you have to agree that this is the direction we're going and we're all going to go in the same direction together.

"I know there's always going to be things said, but I think we're in a very good position in the relationship. How we communicate between Gar, myself and Tom is really good and we're just going to keep moving forward."
    "I don't give a lot of thought to it," Paxson told Kap and Haugh. "We just signed Tom; he's in the first year of a four-year deal.

"He said the other day he wants to be here, which is good. I hope that disspells a lot of the noise that's out there. None of this stuff is coming from us.

"We think he's a terrific coach. Our guys respect him. He's going to be here and that's just the bottom line."
    http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/paxs...ice-dead-issue

vCash

suck it knick and laker and all other fanbases that were circling like vultures

vCash
    Yo, **** the New York Daily and Woj. Making mountains out of mole hills. Disagreements are a part of every day business. Although, I'm still curious as to why Ron Adams wasn't brought back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!

Anyway...

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/paxs...ice-dead-issue

As soon as I read the thread title, that's the voice I heard it in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago lulz View Post
    yo, **** the new york daily and woj. Making mountains out of mole hills. Disagreements are a part of every day business. Although, i'm still curious as to why ron adams wasn't brought back.
    because stone cold said so

vCash
    Anyway, I've always kinda felt this stuff with Thibs was blown out of proportion, but more importantly if he did leave, where is he going to go? It's not like there are a ton of attractive job openings in the near future.

Every contender has a coach locked in place for a while. I seriously doubt Thibs is going to leave a really good situation like this for the Knicks or some other lottery bound team that's several years away from even being in the conversation. GarPax do need to put a title contender in place for him before his contract expires though, so he has no reason to even consider leaving.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-01-2014 at 02:03 PM.

vCash
    You mean he's not going to go to the Knicks despite being under contract? I'm shocked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

As soon as I read the thread title, that's the voice I heard it in.
    Same here when I read the quote.

vCash
    Just trying to increase the asking price lol.

vCash
    I for one am shocked! I thought for sure after being reported by NEW YORK reporters that he wanted to join the Knicks who with all their picks and young assets are looking like... oh wait that is us! Thibs was never going anywhere do you honestly think there wouldn't be a huge backlash on our FO for losing a top 2 coach? It's bad enough the Bulls are remembered for the team that didn't want the GOAT coach in NBA history because of money there is no way Thibs was leaving and if he was leaving it sure as hell wouldn't be to the Knicks.

vCash
    If they thought Tom was going to leave over a minor dispute with GarPax that was none of anybody's business or didn't concern them at all than those ******* got another thing coming. This crap probably came from New York or Los Angeles since the Knicks and Lakers will be looking for a new head coach in the future.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Bulls FO would be ****ing stupid to let Thibs go. He isn't going anywhere.

The Wizards' missing piece.

vCash
    Thank you Paxson