Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins in a 7-game series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • KingerSox

1 25.00%
  • Halladay

1 25.00%
  • GM's click here

2 50.00%
    vCash

Official Leafs forum re-draft faceoff |Round 2: KingerSox v. Halladay|

The 2nd round of our game. Congratulations to DIRKDIGGGL3R for advancing with a 12-8 victory over JaysLeafs98. DIRKDIGGGL3R will now move into the GOLD bracket while JaysLeafs98 will move into the GHETTO GOLD bracket.

If you would like to see the full length rules/explanation, refer to this first post: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-1-DIRK-v-Jays

Onto tonight's match-up. The closest thing the Leafs forum have to power couple. These two are known for their late nights watching "The Notebook", and were the inspiration for the spaghetti scene in "Lady and the Tramp"... please welcome KingerSox and Halladay.

KingerSox held picks #3 in draft 2003, #2 in draft 2004, and #1 in draft 2005
    Halladay held picks #4 in draft 2003, #3 in draft 2004, and #2 in draft 2005

KingerSox
    Abdelkader - Crosby - Carter
    Richards - Getzlaf - Gerbe
    Helm - Malkin - Korpikoski
    Blunden - Thompson – Winnik

Johnson - Green
    Goligoski - Klein
    Smid - O'Brien

Quick
    Howard
    Montoya
    Halladay
    Ladd-Pavelski-Michalek
    Franzen-Kopitar-Kesler
    Radulov-Krejci-Oshie
    Greening-Vitale-Kaleta

Coburn-Weber
    Yandle-Niskanen
    Quincey-Clitsome

Bishop
    Halak
    Khudobin

Any thoughts and/or opinions you have on teams is greatly appreciated. Try and keep it complimentary, we are just having fun. You can vote using the poll as well as let us know why on the comments. Thanks!

Halladay is the tramp

vCash
    It's Jack Johnson for me on D not Erik, Mike Green on D not Andy and Mike Richards at F not Brad incase there's confusion.

vCash
    ^ Yea i realized that and edited in the NHL forum. Thanks for clearing it up here though

vCash
    YO Halladay and Kinger, do a write up for why you think you should win. Post it here or in the NHL forum.

Just a small blurb about why your team is good and better than your opponents. Point out flaws in their team and things your team can do to expose them.

vCash
    I went with Kinger, down the middle he's absolutely stacked, although he did have the best fortune with where he picked, he still got Carter, Richards, and Getzlaf.

vCash
    My team is built for two-way play. Up front each line has two excellent two-way players: Ladd-Pavelski, Kopitar-Kesler, Krejci-Oshie are all excellent pairings who can shut teams down and allows my team to be 3 lines deep. On top of that you have Franzen, Michalek, and Radulov spread through those lines on the wings, all 3 more than capable of 25-35 goals a season.

S.Weber,Coburn,Yandle,Niskanen: All 4 of these d-men are two-way players once again. All 4 are capable of puck movement,playing a shutdown role and offense. Weber is the best defensive player in the world and is a consistent 50 point player,Coburn logs heavy minutes against tough competition,Yandle is always at the top in scoring at his position and is an elite puck move. Niskanen is another solid two-way guy having a good offensive year.

In net my number one is Ben Bishop. He's third in SV%, just two points back of leading the league. He has a shot at the Vezina this year, nuff' said.

My team is better than Kingers because they can go three lines deep, shutting his team down. His is a team that's all about offense, which doesn't win come playoff time. My team has enough firepower to keep up with his on top of being the superior team defensively.
    Last edited by Halladay; 03-01-2014 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    My rant..

My team is LOADED down the middle. I have the option of putting Mike Richards back to C in the 3 hole if I want to put Malkin on the wing with Crosby or Getzlaf. The options are great. I have Richards, Helm and other very good PK'ers. If I wanted to load up a PP it would be deadly. The other thing is.. how is his D going to contain my team? I can roll Crosby and if you wanna put your best D on him then I can come back with Getzlaf.. ditto.. then Malkin. It's just too much of a handful. The defence is the weak part of the team but it has a good mix of skill and grit. Johnson, Mike Green and Goligoski's production would jump off the charts playing with some of my players. Smid, Klein and O'Brien provide the shot blocking, hit throwing, blood and guts type of players you need in the playoffs. Unsung heroes.

Plus no matter which team in the world I play if Jonathan Quick decides to steal a game.. he's stealing a game. Good luck getting by him 4 times out of 7 let alone deal with my 3 headed monster down the middle. I would beat Halladay because I have too many options and the best goaltender in the world plus the best player in the world surrounded by some pretty good company. If they shut down Crosby you know one of Malkin or Getzlaf's lines will produce and vice versa.

vCash
    Bump. Don`t forget to vote.

vCash
    Don't forget to bring a towel.

vCash
    You guys wanna get high?

vCash
    That's it.. that's the melody to Funky Town!