Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jimmer Fredette verbally commits to the Chicago Bulls - CBS sports

Former first-round pick and BYU star Jimmer Fredette will sign with the Chicago Bulls after he clears waivers, USA Today reports. Fredette was waived by the Kings Friday after a disappointing three years in Sacramento.

Former Sacramento Kings guard Jimmer Fredette has told the Chicago Bulls he will sign with them if he clears waivers, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the negotiations.
    (source)
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    How is this news? We already knew this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    How is this news? We already knew this.
    we didn't get official word till this. Everything else was speculation. Just posting it, the mods are free to merge it or close it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    we didn't get official word till this. Everything else was speculation. Just posting it, the mods are free to merge it or close it.
    True.

Btw, Jimmer is hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Btw, Jimmer is hot.
    Freejimmer thinks so.

vCash

Jimmer Fredette verbally commits to the Chicago Bulls - CBS sports

Decent fit for him

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    I wish him the best of luck. Go Jimmer

vCash
    There are too many reasons to address why Jimmer-mania didnít work in Sacramento. Franchise instability, rotating coaches and a guard heavy roster are just a few. The Kings franchise is in recovery mode. From the coach, to management, to ownership, everything is new.

It was clear on Oct. 31 when general manager Pete DíAlessandro decided not to pick up the former first round picks fourth-year option on his rookie contract, that Jimmerís days in Sacramento were limited. He becomes the eighth Kings player to leave the roster during this whirlwind first season under new management.

Fredette took time on Friday to discuss his time with the Kings, how he fits into the NBA world and what is next for the former college player of the year.

What is your takeaway from your two and a half years in Sacramento? Why do you think things didnít work out while you were here?

You know, it was a great character building experience for me. Obviously I appreciate the fact the the Kings even drafted me. They drafted me pretty high and it was a great opportunity for me to start my career. Sometimes things donít work out the way that you want them to when you start your career, but itís all about learning and becoming better and I think Iíve definitely done that.

A lot of fans donít think you got a fair shake in Sacramento. Do you think you at least got an opportunity to show what you can do?

I was able to play well in a lot of my games in Sacramento and then there were some other games where I didnít play so well or I wasnít able to even get on the court or anything. But you go through ups and downs, and a lot of guys do that for their first couple of years in the NBA. Thatís the way that it is and you just have to continue to work and go as hard as you can. I feel like when I got an opportunity to play, I played well and I think I showed that I can be a good player in this league and help a team out. I think I was able to accomplish that when I was able to play. Obviously, sometimes I didnít play as much as I wanted to, but thatís okay. You just have to continue to work hard and I think I did a good job when I was presented with the minutes I was able to play and progress as a player.

(source)

vCash
    I wonder if Miami didn't want him? Because Jimmer would have been so deadly with them.

vCash
    Probably the best place for this kid to go. Between JLIII, DJ Augustin, CJ Watson, Nate, and even Rose, Thibodeau has proven to be the so-called "pg whisperer" when it comes to providing the ideal situation for shoot-first guards. I expect Jimmer to flourish in such a situation where he'll get PLENTY of opportunities to look for his own shot.

I liked the kid coming out of college, and I still believe he can be a quality sixth man in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I wonder if Miami didn't want him? Because Jimmer would have been so deadly with them.
    umm good question, he's going to be a match up terror. B/c what Jimmer can do is literally stretch the floor.

22 for 42 from 25+ ft out.

vCash
    Nice move
    Be $wavy

vCash
    we just won the chip!!!
    finals mvp-jimmer: 60/20/15 on 90/80/95

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    we just won the chip!!!
    finals mvp-jimmer: 60/20/15 on 90/80/95
    Did you hack into my x box or something? How did you know Jimmer just won me a ring?

15. 03-01-2014, 06:05 PM
    Reason
    Inappropriate - SFrush90

vCash
    Great low risk move by chicago. Could he start for them? Hinrich and Augustin have had some bad games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast