Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

St. Louis aquires Ryan Miller

Ryan Miller and Steve Ott have been traded to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, a first-round draft pick in 2015 and a third-round draft pick in 2016.

The Sabres scratched both Miller and captain Steve Ott ahead of Friday night's home game against the San Jose Sharks. Neither player was on the ice for the team's warm-up at the First Niagara Center.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444922

Opti, this is thread worthy..

vCash
    Great package for Buffalo and St. Louis is really going for it. Good trade for both sides. Jhonas Enroth has got to be upset about this though. Jaroslav Halak as well.

vCash
    Boy, St. Louis is going for it. That is a scary team with that defensive system, those 6 defensive players and now Ryan Miller in net. Steve Ott's a great add to a playoff team too. Really rooting for STL now. Bouwmeester last year, Miller and Ott this year. Get em Blues.

vCash
    I was going to make a thread but i was going to get all the info first. Still stuff coming out.

There might be salary retained on Miller
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I was going to make a thread but i was going to get all the info first. Still stuff coming out.

There might be salary retained on Miller
    Salary is retained on Ryan Miller. Rumors are Ottawa is heavily pursuing Chris Stewart "still" which is a big need for them. They should try and get Hoff too.

vCash
    As a Blackhawks fan...I'm pretty damn scared. St. Louis is a team that was built for a playoffs...and now they are even more so. Nicely done on their part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    As a Blackhawks fan...I'm pretty damn scared. St. Louis is a team that was built for a playoffs...and now they are even more so. Nicely done on their part.
    Western Conference has the three best teams in the league right now. If St. Louis could get a consistent run from their kids, I think tehy've got to be the favourites. Still have some holes that can get exploited though.

I'd expect Chicago to look for a #2C now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Western Conference has the three best teams in the league right now. If St. Louis could get a consistent run from their kids, I think tehy've got to be the favourites. Still have some holes that can get exploited though.

I'd expect Chicago to look for a #2C now.
    Chicago doesn't have the cap room to do that, atleast without a few moving pieces. Possibility of TT coming over towards the end of the year and getting a try at 2C, but a prospect is still a prospect in my eyes - so I'm not banking on that. If Chicago were to deal for a 2c, they would have to give up salary cap space in some way.

vCash
    Salary is retained on Ryan Miller. Rumors are Ottawa is heavily pursuing Chris Stewart "still" which is a big need for them. They should try and get Hoff too.
    Lavoie is saying that OTT might send two 2nds to the Sabres for Stewart. At least it's been talked about according to him

vCash
    Good trade for both teams IMO. Buffalo racking up picks still and could still move Halak, Stewart and Moulson for more. St Louis looks tough. Miller behind that defense should be solid.

vCash
    http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ure/Sabres.htm

Buffalo could have 10 picks in the first 2 rounds in the 14/15 draft combined after this deal. They're going JaysLeafs98 mock trade deadline on everyone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Chicago doesn't have the cap room to do that, atleast without a few moving pieces. Possibility of TT coming over towards the end of the year and getting a try at 2C, but a prospect is still a prospect in my eyes - so I'm not banking on that. If Chicago were to deal for a 2c, they would have to give up salary cap space in some way.
    You can't bank on TT as a consistent #2 during the palyoffs. Kruger hasn't been all that great (supposed to be a legit #3C) and Handzus is doable but with St. Louis gaining grounds, Chicago may have to deal a 2nd off and get a salary retain and a short term fix.

Honestly, if they could grab Sam Gagner, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Lavoie is saying that OTT might send two 2nds to the Sabres for Stewart. At least it's been talked about according to him
    Douglas Murray went for two seconds.. Late seconds.. or was that Ryan Clowe? Regardless, good deal for both teams of that were to happen. Ottawa is not making the playoffs so that pick could be around #10.

vCash
    Great package for Buffalo and St. Louis is really going for it. Good trade for both sides. Jhonas Enroth has got to be upset about this though. Jaroslav Halak as well.
    Assuming you mean that he was the one that didn't get traded from that awful team right?

vCash
    Good trade for both teams in my mind. Whats the scouting report on will carrier as a prospect?

vCash
    I've read that Halak might be flipped and it's not out of the question the Sens kick tires on him. I forget where i read that but i'll post it if i see it again,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast