Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000

    St. Louis aquires Ryan Miller

    Ryan Miller and Steve Ott have been traded to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, a first-round draft pick in 2015 and a third-round draft pick in 2016.

    The Sabres scratched both Miller and captain Steve Ott ahead of Friday night's home game against the San Jose Sharks. Neither player was on the ice for the team's warm-up at the First Niagara Center.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444922

    Opti, this is thread worthy..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Great package for Buffalo and St. Louis is really going for it. Good trade for both sides. Jhonas Enroth has got to be upset about this though. Jaroslav Halak as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,726
    vCash
    1500
    Boy, St. Louis is going for it. That is a scary team with that defensive system, those 6 defensive players and now Ryan Miller in net. Steve Ott's a great add to a playoff team too. Really rooting for STL now. Bouwmeester last year, Miller and Ott this year. Get em Blues.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,013
    vCash
    500
    I was going to make a thread but i was going to get all the info first. Still stuff coming out.

    There might be salary retained on Miller
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...



    We've been through tough times, man.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I was going to make a thread but i was going to get all the info first. Still stuff coming out.

    There might be salary retained on Miller
    Salary is retained on Ryan Miller. Rumors are Ottawa is heavily pursuing Chris Stewart "still" which is a big need for them. They should try and get Hoff too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,194
    vCash
    1500
    As a Blackhawks fan...I'm pretty damn scared. St. Louis is a team that was built for a playoffs...and now they are even more so. Nicely done on their part.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    As a Blackhawks fan...I'm pretty damn scared. St. Louis is a team that was built for a playoffs...and now they are even more so. Nicely done on their part.
    Western Conference has the three best teams in the league right now. If St. Louis could get a consistent run from their kids, I think tehy've got to be the favourites. Still have some holes that can get exploited though.

    I'd expect Chicago to look for a #2C now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,194
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Western Conference has the three best teams in the league right now. If St. Louis could get a consistent run from their kids, I think tehy've got to be the favourites. Still have some holes that can get exploited though.

    I'd expect Chicago to look for a #2C now.
    Chicago doesn't have the cap room to do that, atleast without a few moving pieces. Possibility of TT coming over towards the end of the year and getting a try at 2C, but a prospect is still a prospect in my eyes - so I'm not banking on that. If Chicago were to deal for a 2c, they would have to give up salary cap space in some way.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,013
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Salary is retained on Ryan Miller. Rumors are Ottawa is heavily pursuing Chris Stewart "still" which is a big need for them. They should try and get Hoff too.
    Lavoie is saying that OTT might send two 2nds to the Sabres for Stewart. At least it's been talked about according to him

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,393
    vCash
    1500
    Good trade for both teams IMO. Buffalo racking up picks still and could still move Halak, Stewart and Moulson for more. St Louis looks tough. Miller behind that defense should be solid.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,013
    vCash
    500
    http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ure/Sabres.htm

    Buffalo could have 10 picks in the first 2 rounds in the 14/15 draft combined after this deal. They're going JaysLeafs98 mock trade deadline on everyone

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Chicago doesn't have the cap room to do that, atleast without a few moving pieces. Possibility of TT coming over towards the end of the year and getting a try at 2C, but a prospect is still a prospect in my eyes - so I'm not banking on that. If Chicago were to deal for a 2c, they would have to give up salary cap space in some way.
    You can't bank on TT as a consistent #2 during the palyoffs. Kruger hasn't been all that great (supposed to be a legit #3C) and Handzus is doable but with St. Louis gaining grounds, Chicago may have to deal a 2nd off and get a salary retain and a short term fix.

    Honestly, if they could grab Sam Gagner, wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Lavoie is saying that OTT might send two 2nds to the Sabres for Stewart. At least it's been talked about according to him
    Douglas Murray went for two seconds.. Late seconds.. or was that Ryan Clowe? Regardless, good deal for both teams of that were to happen. Ottawa is not making the playoffs so that pick could be around #10.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,410
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Great package for Buffalo and St. Louis is really going for it. Good trade for both sides. Jhonas Enroth has got to be upset about this though. Jaroslav Halak as well.
    Assuming you mean that he was the one that didn't get traded from that awful team right?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,410
    vCash
    1500
    Good trade for both teams in my mind. Whats the scouting report on will carrier as a prospect?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,013
    vCash
    500
    I've read that Halak might be flipped and it's not out of the question the Sens kick tires on him. I forget where i read that but i'll post it if i see it again,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •