Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jeremy Maclin stays in Philly on a 1-year deal

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
    WR Jeremy Maclin and Eagles have reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

"@GeoffMosherCSN: Can confirm #s on Maclin 1-year deal: 5.5M, can be pushed to $6M, 3.5 guar."
    Good news for Philly. The list of FA WRs getting crappier by the minute.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 02-28-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Maybe we should have a thread for players that have been resigned? Butler got resigned by SD today too

vCash
    Foles should be even better next season.

vCash
    Chip/Foles/Desean/Mac/Coop/Celek/Ertz/Shady -
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Good move for the iggles and Maclin.

vCash
    Only thing im upset about is that we couldnt get him to sign for more years, he is going to blow up this season and rake in some major cash after

vCash
    For those of you that don't know the Eagles wanted a multi year deal but Maclin only wanted a one year deal. I'm glad the Eagles gave him the one year and Maclin is playing russian roulette.

I hope in 12 months from now we are talking about the big contract Maclin had after a huge season
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    Only thing im upset about is that we couldnt get him to sign for more years, he is going to blow up this season and rake in some major cash after
    Blow up might be a bit of an overstatement, but yeah, I agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    For those of you that don't know the Eagles wanted a multi year deal but Maclin only wanted a one year deal. I'm glad the Eagles gave him the one year and Maclin is playing russian roulette.

I hope in 12 months from now we are talking about the big contract Maclin had after a huge season
    I think Maclin wants the long term deal as well. They just couldn't agree on money. Maclin said he hopes to continue talks during the season.

vCash
    Big risk on Maclin's part preferring the 1 year deal, to kind of prove he is worth even more than he would have gotten this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think Maclin wants the long term deal as well. They just couldn't agree on money. Maclin said he s to continue talks during the season.
    No its been reported lcoally that he wanted 1 year year and his big contract next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think Maclin wants the long term deal as well. They just couldn't agree on money. Maclin said he hopes to continue talks during the season.
    No, he made it known that coming back from injury he wanted a one year deal so he didn't short himself on maximum contract money. I don't blame him. He's only gonna get one monster contract. Use this one year to put up huge numbers with the Eagles and get that huge deal.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    No, he made it known that coming back from injury he wanted a one year deal so he didn't short himself on maximum contract money. I don't blame him. He's only gonna get one monster contract. Use this one year to put up huge numbers with the Eagles and get that huge deal.
    no, he made it clear that he was willing to sign a long term bu they could agree on the dollar amount so they went with the easy first year. he's a really confident wr which i love, he's pretty much told everyone that he doesnt have to prove anything to anyone but he will because he knows he's a beast which i agree with, my only troubles are is that i think maclin is better than jackson an jackson makes 12 mill..so he's gonna be gone by next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    no, he made it clear that he was willing to sign a long term bu they could agree on the dollar amount so they went with the easy first year. he's a really confident wr which i love, he's pretty much told everyone that he doesnt have to prove anything to anyone but he will because he knows he's a beast which i agree with, my only troubles are is that i think maclin is better than jackson an jackson makes 12 mill..so he's gonna be gone by next season

No he made it clear he wanted a one year deal....it was reported he only was willing to sign a one year deal this year.

Money was not the issue, the Eagles offered both 3 and 5 year deals from what I heard on WIP.

edit:

here is a link to Desean's contract http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelp...esean-jackson/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    No its been reported lcoally that he wanted 1 year year and his big contract next year
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Maclin said sides weren't far apart on 5 year deal but couldn't make it work.
    Maclin finds "1 year prove it deal" label humorous. "I don't have anything to prove to anybody."
    -Geoff Mosher

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast