Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Danny Granger to Clippers!

So where do the Clippers rank now in the Western conference? I think this signing can put them right over the hump they have been on for the past 3 seasons. Thoughts?!

GO CLIPPERS In Blake We Trust
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Clippers will greatly enjoy Granger's 35% shooting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahH View Post
    Clippers will greatly enjoy Granger's 35% shooting
    I doubt they are expecting a good shooter. What they are expecting is defense and rebounding, where he's still an upgrade over Barnes and Dudley. A veteran guy who can fill in at SG/SF with all of our injuries and be a classy vet. In fact he's posting some of the best defensive figures of his entire career this year, to go with the worst offensive ones.

We have enough scoring obviously as the number 2 offense in the league (not far from overtaking Portland). If we can get healthy by season end we will easily be the best offense. Don't need Granger to score even 10 ppg.. as long as he does everything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I doubt they are expecting a good shooter. What they are expecting is defense and rebounding, where he's still an upgrade over Barnes and Dudley. A veteran guy who can fill in at SG/SF with all of our injuries and be a classy vet. In fact he's posting some of the best defensive figures of his entire career this year, to go with the worst offensive ones.

We have enough scoring obviously as the number 2 offense in the league (not far from overtaking Portland). If we can get healthy by season end we will easily be the best offense. Don't need Granger to score even 10 ppg.. as long as he does everything else.
    Agreed, thats the beauty of it, he wont need to be a scoring machine to help us. Just stick to your strengths and play good defense.

PG- CP3
    SG- JJ Redick/Crawford
    SF- Danny Granger
    PF- Blake Griffin
    C- DJ

That is a nasty starting lineup! (assuming that is the rotation they decide to use)

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    CP3/Collison
    Redick/Crawford
    Granger/Barnes/Dudley
    Griffin/Hedo
    DJ/Davis

Is on paper easily the best rotation in the NBA if healthy IMO. The problem is we never ARE healthy so it's pointless to debate "on paper". But no other team has two quality players at every single position, including backups who were starters this year or last.

vCash
    Yep, its been that way for as long as I can remember, but I keep hearing we have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the league so im not quite sure what it is that makes our players so injury prone. If we can get healthy come playoff time I think we stand a very good chance of making it to Western Conference finals.

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    Yep, its been that way for as long as I can remember, but I keep hearing we have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the league so im not quite sure what it is that makes our players so injury prone. If we can get healthy come playoff time I think we stand a very good chance of making it to Western Conference finals.
    Well apparently the Phoenix Suns staff.. told Grant Hill... that the Clippers training staff was elite and on par with themselves. As you said though, it doesn't add up because our guys are regularly misdiagnosed, out way longer than they should be and getting injured far too frequently in bogus ways.

vCash
    Personally don't see Granger as a difference maker to be honest. Good as a backup 3 and maybe could be a decent small ball PF in certain matchups. Don't think he'll put a team over the top though based from what I've seen this year

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshtd1 View Post
    Personally don't see Granger as a difference maker to be honest. Good as a backup 3 and maybe could be a decent small ball PF in certain matchups. Don't think he'll put a team over the top though based from what I've seen this year
    Lol how many late season signing, role players put teams over the top? It's going to come down to the team taking defense more seriously, not role players as much. When the Clippers lock in on D.. they are elite.. problem is they only do it a few minutes a game. Defensive consistency is everything for this team.

vCash
    The Clippers are a pure example of a team that thinks they can buy a championship.

I hope they crash and burn in the first round.

vCash
    I hope the Clips aren't seriously considering starting Granger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushed View Post
    The Clippers are a pure example of a team that thinks they can buy a championship.

I hope they crash and burn in the first round.
    Griffin- Drafted
    Jordan- Drafted (2nd round mind you)
    CP3- Traded all of team assets for besides Griffin
    Redick- Traded BLEDSOE for
    Doc- Traded a first round pick for

That's the core of our team..... the Clippers aren't just buying a bunch of players like the Yankees lmao. Everything we've acquired, we've sacrificed big for. Hell even Griffin being drafted.. we traded Zbo for literally PEANUTS.. just to clear space for his minutes.

vCash
    CP3/Collison
    Redick/Crawford
    Granger/Barnes/Dudley
    Griffin/Hedo
    DJ/Davis

Is on paper easily the best rotation in the NBA if healthy IMO. The problem is we never ARE healthy so it's pointless to debate "on paper". But no other team has two quality players at every single position, including backups who were starters this year or last.
    Um, How about the Pacers who upgraded Danny Granger's spot? Pacers have the best roation in the NBA. You literally took the Pacers garbage and inserted it into your starting lineup and you want to say the Clippers have the best rotation? OK.

vCash
    they're ranked whereever they were ranked before.granger wont be a starter,this isnt 2007,but it is a nice depth move

vCash
    Lol how many late season signing, role players put teams over the top? It's going to come down to the team taking defense more seriously, not role players as much. When the Clippers lock in on D.. they are elite.. problem is they only do it a few minutes a game. Defensive consistency is everything for this team.
    Well I was mainly answering the OP because he said he thought it would put the Clippers over the hump..which I disagree with. It'll be as far as BG/CP takes them. Think he'll be solid depth, but not a difference maker, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast