Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who are the elite teams in the NFL?

Just wondering what are everyone's thoughts on the matter, according to the 49er forum, there aren't any elite teams in the NFL because they aren't as good as the '94 49ers or the 70's Steelers, so there aren't any elite teams
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash

Who are the elite teams in the NFL?

i would say the 49ers, patriots and the saints. obviously if Seattle has another great year they should be included.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Just wondering what are everyone's thoughts on the matter, according to the 49er forum, there aren't any elite teams in the NFL because they aren't as good as the '94 49ers or the 70's Steelers, so there aren't any elite teams
    I'd say Seattle.

If we're talking about elite as in in their own category... I mean I don't know a team that measure up to Seattle. 49ers are probably the closest, but I feel like it's safe to say Seattle is a little better.

Seattle is on that next level though. Especially with that historically good defense. I don't know how you don't call them elite.

vCash
    What does "elite" mean? Define that, and the answer is apparent.

vCash
    It's hard because of FA. I think the Patriots, Steelers are a given because neither team has had a loosing season in over a decade.

Next up I got the Saints, Colts.

Then Niners, Packers, Chargers.

BTW: I judge elite teams based off of staying power. As in how long have you been a threat to make the playoffs year in and year out. Hence why no Seahawks.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    are we talking elite for last seaosn or the last 5 season or something else?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Just is there an elite team in the NFL. Is there a top team in the NFL. Or is there not a top/elite team because they aren't as good as Past elite teams like the '94 49ers or 70's Steelers
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Just is there an elite team in the NFL. Is there a top team in the NFL. Or is there not a top/elite team because they aren't as good as Past elite teams like the '94 49ers or 70's Steelers
    Your two examples are two different things. You give an "Era Elite" (70's Steelers) and a "One Time Elite" (94 9ers). I've stated my opinion. The longer you can string together winning seasons and be the team every year that you either pencil in on your playoff bracket or circle as a tough game.

For that reasoning there are two elite teams because there are only 2 teams that for over a decade have been a threat to make the playoffs, have not had a loosing season. The Patriots and the Steelers.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Come on.. the '80s 49ers were much more elite than the '94 team.

As for today... New England, Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, Denver should all be in the hunt for a title the next few years, thus I'd consider them elite with the potential to be talked about in the same breath as the '70s Steelers.

Colts might be on the cusp, but are not quite there yet.

As far as dynasties go, I suppose Seattle has the inside track for that, but just one bad injury in October or one bad game in January can derail the whole thing. Certainly unlikely to see the runs that came about with the Steelers, 49ers of the '80s the Cowboys of the '90s and the Pats of the 2000s.

vCash
    well era elite i would say not at the moment. individual season ealite, i'd have a hard time argueing teams like san fran and seattle weren't elite last season
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I would say yes and no?

I think the Patriots are certainly an organization that other teams should strive towards being.

But there's also a lot of parity in the league these days so teams aren't truly dominant year in and year out.

vCash
    Seattle
    San Fransisco
    New England
    Denver

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    You guys are proving my point. It's just some of the 9er fans are borderline....words I can't say...

They said there isn't any elite teams. I think its pretty ridiculous to say The Patriots, Seahawks, 49ers and Bronco's aren't elite.

Some of the 49er fans are ridiculous. Going from saying Harbaugh is the best, to we can be better with out Harbaugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe pride View Post
    well era elite i would say not at the moment. individual season ealite, i'd have a hard time argueing teams like san fran and seattle weren't elite last season
    I kept saying the 49ers are an elite team, and then they would say no we aren't, were not as good as the 94 niners...I was like, wtf does that have to do with anything?

vCash
    If we're talking about elite TEAMS, then there's only two: SEA and SF. They are both top 3-5 teams and both have solid depth behind their starters. If we're talking about teams that consistently are good in recent years (regardless of their overall team) we can probably include DEN, NE, IND, GB, and maybe CIN/NO/ATL. If we're talking about the current rosters I don't feel like we should be including the likes of the Steelers since they haven't really done anything since 2010. If we're talking about just upper-tier teams based on last season or the season before, you maybe could argue CAR.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast