Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NFL playoffs to expand to 14 teams

via prosportsdaily

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=292669

It will take effect on the 2015 NFL season, any thoughts? I love this btw, I love the idea of an extra spot per conference and only one team with a bye in each conference
    Last edited by numba1CHANGsta; 02-27-2014 at 11:17 PM.

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    $$$$$

Dumb
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Such a dumb idea. Its not like they have 10-6 teams missing the playoffs every year. Just gunna let 2 mediocre teams in the playoffs now.

vCash
    I don't mind it

vCash

vCash
    It certainly isn't necessary, but I wouldn't be against it. Yeah the owners and NFL are doing it for more $$$, but I've never had a problem with more football. 1 more team each conference won't dilute the playoff field that much
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    I don't really have a problem with this change. Currently you have teams like the seahawks a few years back (7-9 team) while Philly goes 10-6 and doesn't make it. This year Arizona got shafted when no one from the NFC North deserved to go. Sure a few 7-9 or 8-8 teams might get in more often, but at least fan bases don't get screwed after a solid season.

When I first looked at it I didn't like it, but the more I look at old standing... I realize ****** teams will get in no matter what in a division format.. and top heavy leagues will have some 8-8's in, but at least this way you don't have an 8-8 team going in while a 10-6 teams stays home...

vCash
    hmm, my initial reaction was wtf. But who knows, maybe not so bad. I don't think it will really take away from the importance of regular season games, cuz just how 3-4 teams fight for that 6th spot now, probably 3-4 teams will still be fighting for that 7th spot. Also makes it much more big deal to have the best record in your conference.

It might take some getting used to, but I guess its not all that bad.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Such a dumb idea. Its not like they have 10-6 teams missing the playoffs every year. Just gunna let 2 mediocre teams in the playoffs now.
    I agree with this... Although a bonus is everytime the NFL makes more money the cap goes up, But I dont really wanna see more 8-8 teams in the playoffs

I don't really have a problem with this change. Currently you have teams like the seahawks a few years back (7-9 team) while Philly goes 10-6 and doesn't make it. This year Arizona got shafted when no one from the NFC North deserved to go. Sure a few 7-9 or 8-8 teams might get in more often, but at least fan bases don't get screwed after a solid season.
    You got a valid point..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    I agree with this... Although a bonus is everytime the NFL makes more money the cap goes up, But I dont really wanna see more 8-8 teams in the playoffs

You got a valid point..
    Eh i am not big on the cap going up every year. I do think it needed to go up from where its at now but i don't want it getting up to much to be honest. One of the main reason i love the NFL over the MLB or NBA is cause teams have to work around the cap space and it levels the playing field a lot more.

vCash
    Great, NBA watered down ******** here we go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Eh i am not big on the cap going up every year. I do think it needed to go up from where its at now but i don't want it getting up to much to be honest. One of the main reason i love the NFL over the MLB or NBA is cause teams have to work around the cap space and it levels the playing field a lot more.
    I agree 100%, Im happy with it now because the Lions got shafted with all those top picks before the rookie pay scale, Stafford/Suh/Cj were all getting paid with the tops of their position their first years in the league, They all performed Decent to well and of course they are going to want a raise and not less... Only way to bring in Bush/Quin and some of our own FA's was to keep pushing cap hits back and back so its nice to see a decent jump in the cap as a Lions fan cause it means less backloading this year and we can begin to get out of cap hell a bit

If Suh actually wanted to leave next year we would still have a 9m cap hit for him walking in Free Agency lol, Be nice to not be held hostage by players in the future

vCash
    Well I think it has its up and downs... but I mean if a team is just hot and on chem they can take out a top team.

vCash

NFL playoffs to expand to 14 teams

Man the NFL playoffs had the best system (especially since MLB put in the wild card play in game) but I don't mind this all that much. Makes that top seed crucial. I love NFL playoffs and with the Seahawks and Niners in the same division I'm all for this. More $ for everyone and more games to feed my gambling addiction.

vCash
    I like that only the top seed has a bye... makes it that much more valuable which it should be.

Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast