Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Trade Deadline day thread

Post anything you hear, rumours, tweets, a weird dream you had (keep it PG) about an NHL trade.

Deadline is Wednesday March 5th --- 6 days left

vCash
    Two quick hits:

-Dreger says that Kulemin has been getting some interest. And Leafs have received some real good offers.

-Dreger also claims that Buffalo has made Tyler Myers available but are not shopping him. TOR, ANA, and COL were named as possible fits.

vCash

Official 2014 Trade Deadline day thread

Myers would be a perfect fit but would require an overpayment. Probably Kadri or Gardiner just as the starting point

vCash
    I would do Gardiner+Gauthier+1st for Myers+ a little something (3rd line grinder)

I think many of us here still think Myers will be a beast. And don't be fooled by his numbers this year, he has been playing pretty great under Ted Nolan. I think being with a legit top-pairing guy like Dion could do wonders for him.

It's Myer's skating that really impresses me though. For a guy that size, i don't care how good he is, when you can skate like that... it's fun to watch. Imagine a guy 6'8'' skating at full speed going to deliver a check... omg

vCash
    I would not do that deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I would do Gardiner+Gauthier+1st for Myers+ a little something (3rd line grinder)

I think many of us here still think Myers will be a beast. And don't be fooled by his numbers this year, he has been playing pretty great under Ted Nolan. I think being with a legit top-pairing guy like Dion could do wonders for him.

It's Myer's skating that really impresses me though. For a guy that size, i don't care how good he is, when you can skate like that... it's fun to watch. Imagine a guy 6'8'' skating at full speed going to deliver a check... omg
    Ott on a 2 year extension would have me sign that deal, get rid of Orr and McLaren and we gain a ton of grit that can actually play and help on the PK (So we can rest JVR). I would move Gunnerson too if we did this deal, as I really do think Myers could be a better skating Chara eventually if he learns to be the slightest bit mean and be a great partner for Dion.

vCash
    I don't see a Chara in him, i know everyone else does so i don't know why i don't. I see a Brian Campbell/JayBo kind of player that could hit if he wanted too. I think he'll be a finesse guy with explosive offense.

Ott in that deal get's me signed on the dotted line too, even if he didn't get an extension. Thing is, i see Buffalo wanting (and getting) more if they trade them separately. A team like Colorado would have to think really hard about an ROR for Myers based deal. Then just hope you can resign Stastny.

I see these Myers rumours and all i can think of is "Jvr 2.0". Having some bumps along the road (still playing well) but not up to his full potential AND not as good as we've seen him at the NHL level but still loaded with upside. $5.5 million for your #2 defenseman is good. Having it turn into a fully developed Myers is amazing. I think Myers could really step into his own playing with someone as solid as Dion. We got Kessel his linemates, now it's time to get Dion's partner lol.

vCash
    Scratch Girardi off your Deadline rental list or potential UFA targets because he resigned with the NYR for 6 years and $5.5 million a season

vCash
    I'd do that Myers deal also. Hell after last night I think we need 5 new defencemen

vCash
    ^well put lol

vCash
    halak for miller rumoured to be a deal

vCash
    Love it for both teams, If Buffalo can add a few more 1st's and prospects by moving Halak and Stewart they will be looking pretty good in a few years, especially if they use their 2 buyouts on Ehrhoff (If not traded) and Leino

vCash
    THIS JUST IN: Sabres trade Ryan Miller and Steve Ott to Blues for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier and 2 draft picks.

per SC twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mycrazythoughts View Post
    I'd do that Myers deal also. Hell after last night I think we need 5 new defencemen
    Absolutely
    Any upgrade or trade should be for help on the back end. And Im talking real help not Obyrne. Jake Gardiners stupidity outweighs his skating ability and I dont think it will ever change. Franson cant skate good enough to be anything more than a 3rd pair 12-15min a night guy. Gunnarson is playing out of his league on the top pairing. In my opinion Gardiner and Franson should be replaced. Gunner should be re positioned. Might not happen until the off season but if both of franson and gardiner are playing regular minutes come playoffs the leafs are going no where.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Borough View Post
    THIS JUST IN: Sabres trade Ryan Miller and Steve Ott to Blues for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier and 2 draft picks.

per SC twitter
    old news lol

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast