Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders tiring of Oakland Politics

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-the-raiders/

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/...s-last-chance/

Raiders owner Mark Davis doesn’t like to make threats or issue ultimatums. He just states facts.

And he stated some pretty clear facts in a recent interview with Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle regarding the team’s future in Oakland.

“They brought in Colony Capital and based on that, I decided to go ahead and do a one-year extension with them,” Davis said of Oakland and the outside company that entered the fray last year in the hopes of building a new stadium. “We will play in the Coliseum next year. But there’s been no progress. I had high hopes when Colony Capital came in. I still do have hopes, but there not as high because I haven’t really heard anything positive from either group. It’s gone silent again. We have to get something done.”

There’s no “or else” added to that, but there doesn’t need to be. The “or else” is implied.

“I don’t want to call it a last-ditch effort, but it does seem to be the last chance that Oakland is going to get,” Davis said. “We can’t continue to play in that stadium, with the baseball field and all of that stuff.”

So what if the deal doesn’t happen in Oakland? That’s where Davis opts not to say things that should be fairly obvious.

“I wouldn’t talk about Plan B’s or anything like that,” Davis said. “I don’t want to talk about using someplace else for leverage. If I get something done in Oakland, I am staying.”

In other words — words Davis won’t use — if something doesn’t get done in Oakland, Davis may not be staying.

Like the Rams, the Raiders will be free agents after the 2014 season. Like the Rams, the Raiders used to be in Los Angeles.

Davis has yet to mention that. But he doesn’t really need to.
    IMO the city of Oakland doesn't deserve the Raiders anymore (not I did not say the fans).

They never tried to give the Raiders their own stadium, and ruined what was a wonderful baseball stadium to shoehorn them in there. And now with the Niners getting a new stadium in Santa Clara (which takes over the market there) the Raiders only option is Berkley, there there isn't much space.

So who blinks first: Oakland or Mark Davis?
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    It's ridiculous. Oakland would be extremely foolish to let the Raiders move out. I hope they get something done, as they really need a new stadium and I want them to stay in Oakland.

vCash
    Try these words in your mouth... See how they taste....

The London Raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post

The London Raiders
    They'd have to move out of the AFC West more than likely. If a team was to go to London, they'd need a division based in the east. I believe England is a 7 hour difference from us in Denver and would be a 9 hour difference in SD.

Actually it's 8 hours difference from the Pacific time zone and London.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 02-27-2014 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post

The London Raiders
    Kahn is the only owner willing to move there. Raiders will end up in LA. And LA is getting one team so it's a Rams/Raiders race.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    LA Raiders before London, duh

vCash
    I will hope and pray for the LA Raiders.

My fantasy of a Lakers Sunday matinee and a Raiders Sunday Night game, on the same Sunday, would be epic.

Both arena's would in walking distance to each other and the Raiders would be every FA's dream team to play for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    I will hope and pray for the LA Raiders.

My fantasy of a Lakers Sunday matinee and a Raiders Sunday Night game, on the same Sunday, would be epic.

Both arena's would in walking distance to each other and the Raiders would be every FA's dream team to play for.
    Traffic would be a ***** if that happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    Traffic would be a ***** if that happened.
    Just another reason to take the subway. Yes, we have a subway.

vCash
    I know I live 15 minutes from Staples Center.

I take the bus when I go to Staples Center or LA Live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    I know I live 15 minutes from Staples Center.

I take the bus when I go to Staples Center or LA Live.
    A part of me envies you, the other part doesn't. Lol.

I have to be by a so-cal beach... and not one located in LA!!

vCash
    I live right next to where the new stadium is being proposed. My property value would skyrocket so I hope it happens. Property value in the area is already going up but with the new stadium and commerce it brings....I'd make a killing either renting or selling.

vCash
    It is just a matter of time for a move really.

vCash
    wtf?? seriously? I had no idea. I effin hate socal traffic. dirty dirty ****
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    The Warriors want out, the A's want out because they can't get a new stadium, and the Raiders want out because they can't get a new stadium. Oakland better get on their **** or they're gonna be left without a team rather soon. The area that the stadium and arena is at is ****, so I can't blame any of the teams
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast