Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kesler asks for trade according to TVA Sports

KESLER ASKS CANUCKS FOR TRADE
    TheFourthPeriod.com
    The Vancouver Canucks could have a significantly different look by the time the trade deadline passes next week, as forward Ryan Kesler appears to want out.
    As first reported by Louis Jean of TVA Sports, Kesler has asked the Canucks to trade him.

Kesler, 29, has two-years left on his contract beyond this season, but owns a no-trade clause and must approve any deal the Canucks try to complete.
    TFP has since confirmed that Kesler asked the Canucks to trade him earlier in the season, and it's believed he has submitted a list of teams he will accept a trade to.

It was reported earlier this week that Canucks GM Mike Gillis has been fielding calls for Kesler and shopping defenseman Alexander Edler, who also owns a no-trade clause.

Several teams will have significant interest in Kesler, though many will be kept out of the sweepstakes if they're not on his list of acceptable clubs.

Kesler is battling a hand injury and if it is proven that his hand is broken, the Canucks may not be able to trade him by the March 5 deadline.

If Kesler remains with the Canucks for the remainder of the season, the Canucks will explore a trade in the summer, likely in and around the NHL Draft in late-June.

The Michigan native has played in 60 games with the Canucks this season and has recorded 20 goals and 18 assists for 38 points, along with 63 penalty minutes.
    http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/van140226.html

Bob McKenzie: Well it's by no means guaranteed but it is a possibility. The buzz on Kesler is increasing by the day. Now, we should get the disclaimers out of the way. The Vancouver Canucks are not aggressively shopping and trying to trade Ryan Kesler, but I do believe that they're aggressively listening. Keep in mind though that Kesler has got a no-move, no-trade clause, so he's not going anywhere he doesn't want to go. Keep in mind also that he's technically injured right now, he's got a finger injury that might be broken, we're only guessing. The Canucks say he's day-to-day so hopefully that won't come into play. But the question then becomes what would the Canucks have to get back in order to consider trading Kesler? It would obviously be a lot. What they're going to be looking for is to pick up a young centre between the ages of 20-25 who can grow into the role that Kesler is in right now. Somebody that gives you a fighting chance at a reload if not necessarily a rebuild.

So for example, would Kesler be prepared to go back to Ohio - he played at Ohio State University - for the Columbus Blue Jackets? And if he was prepared to do that, would the Blue Jackets give up a young centre like Ryan Johansen? Would the New York Rangers give up Derek Stepan, or someone along those lines? Again, someone who is between 20 and 25 who the Canucks can put in their lineup. If they can find the absolute right fit, and they would have to take some money back on Kesler because in order to make these trades, there's a lot of teams that are capped out and would have a tough time taking his salary - although when you look at his contract it's an awesome contract for that guy. So yeah, it's being considered.

Darren Dreger: Well, there's no shortage of interest in Kesler. When he's healthy and competing with the edge that his reputation has been built on, what not to like about him? But when you talk to general managers who might be nibbling at the edges and might have interest in a player like Kesler, there is some concern. When he's healthy, he does have a history of health issues and he's not as intense and productive as he's been in recent years, so he's not entirely without risk.
    http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=444757

vCash

Kesler asks for trade according to TVA Sports

Kesler's agent denies the trade request, just in.

Still lots of trade talk about him.

Do you like the idea? What might a keslord trade bring the Canucks?

vCash
    It would need to be a lot. I know his numbers aren't great but he is the heart and soul of this team and honestly should be the captain. Trade Kes and Edler to Deteoit for their farm...the entire farm, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    It would need to be a lot. I know his numbers aren't great but he is the heart and soul of this team and honestly should be the captain. Trade Kes and Edler to Deteoit for their farm...the entire farm, lol.
    That should be the return. But what will Gillis get? If there are already rumours that kes wants out, his value will drop.

vCash
    I don't know how you justify trading Kesler. Just get him somebody to play with. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

vCash
    I don't know how you justify trading Kesler. Just get him somebody to play with. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
    Well, two things:

1. getting him somebody to play with has been gillis' biggest failure, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

2. Kesler may want out. He has never seemed happy here IMO.

vCash
    TSN mentioned New York, Chicago, Toronto, and Columbus. Detroit is interesting but I just don't see it happening. I'd rather keep teh prospects (though we're lacking centres) for multiple reasons.

1. I'm sure the package would be a bit much. Maybe not though with Kes' value low and seeing what other fringe stars have gotten recently.
    2. We've got enough injury prone players.

Columbus seems the most intrigung. However, with the Sedins recently re-signing I'm not sure if a rebuild is the best bet right now. Vancouver is still competing for a playoff spot.

Derek Stepan + JT Miller for Ryan Kelser is interesting.
    Alex Edler for PA Parenteau + Jamie McGinn

are tow interesting trades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    TSN mentioned New York, Chicago, Toronto, and Columbus. Detroit is interesting but I just don't see it happening. I'd rather keep teh prospects (though we're lacking centres) for multiple reasons.

1. I'm sure the package would be a bit much. Maybe not though with Kes' value low and seeing what other fringe stars have gotten recently.

Columbus seems the most intrigung. However, with the Sedins recently re-signing I'm not sure if a rebuild is the best bet right now. Vancouver is still competing for a playoff spot.

Great post Bran, thx it's been a while lol. The Stepan trade is interesting and I love Stepan. I'd def think about it. I was also thinking Colorado when I heard and I was thinking something like Kes and Edler for O'really and Paranteau +

Kesler kind of is a more mature version of O'Reilly. Same mold at least.
    Last edited by Pfeifer; 02-26-2014 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post

Great post Bran, thx it's been a while lol. The Stepan trade is interesting and I love Stepan. I'd def think about it. I was also thinking Colorado when I heard and I was thinking something like Kes and Edler for O'really and Paranteau +

Kesler kind of is a more mature version of O'Reilly. Same mold at least.
    Team 1040 was floating oreilly rumours the other day. But their idea was to get him to play WITH Kesler.

vCash
    I don't think Ryan O'Reilly goes anywhere. Jamie McGinn, PA Parenteau and Paul Stastny have been more discussed. If O'Reilly for Edler happens, that's a big win for Vancouver. O'Reilly has the ability to win a Selke and throw up 60 points on a consistent basis. He's done well on the LW, and is a Kesler mold like mentioned. The best bet for Edler is a trade like that. Examples would be Jeff Skinner, Brayden Schenn, etc. One for one hockey trades. A team needing a defenseman.

vCash
    I'm jumping ship if the Canucks trade Kesler.

See ya.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Jeff Skinner yes, Schenn no. I get what your saying though. With Edler one for one is fine but to get Kes it will take a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    I'm jumping ship if the Canucks trade Kesler.

See ya.
    Really? You only follow the Canucks because of Kesler? What if the trade brought back two excellent prospects?
    Last edited by ink; 02-27-2014 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Really? You only follow the Canucks because of Kesler? What if the trade brought back two excellent prospects?
    We're not going anywhere until the Sedins are gone. If we trade Kes, which is complete BS, I want something that will help us now AND a propsect.
    Greatness is a Virtue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by _KB24_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    We're not going anywhere until the Sedins are gone. If we trade Kes, which is complete BS, I want something that will help us now AND a propsect.
    What gillis doesn't get is how much hinges on having a productive second line. Without that, opposing teams can easily focus on the top line and shut them down. The Sedins struggle because we are a one line team and have been for a while. They've needed help for years and gillis' incompetence at getting them help has worn them down.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast