Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Geno Smith would be the best QB in the 2014 class

says Phil Simms…..

RT @AlexDunlapNFL: Phil Simms said on Sirius XM that Geno Smith would be the best QB in the 2014 class and I almost wrecked my car.

lol

vCash
    What the actual ****
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Not crazy. IMO hes a better prospect than Manziel/Carr.

I don't get why people think Geno flat out sucks. Is he good? Hell no, but just because you have monsters like Luck and guys like Wilson who go to AMAZING situations and have success, doesn't mean you should ridicule every rookie who struggles. Geno was passing to Clyde Gates/Stephen Hill/Greg Salas at times this year. Those guys literally started games! And he showed the improvement you want to see when his receiving core got better.

All I'm saying is, give Geno some weapons and an off season to continue to learn and THEN judge. Could he still play bad? Of course, but let's give the guy a fighters chance before throwing him under the bus.

He wasn't mocked to be the top pick last year at times because he has no talent. Geno has an arm. If he can get cut down on inconsistent accuracy and learn to read defenses better he's got major potential.

Of course in the NFL forum that won't happen but....

vCash
    I would probably take 4 QBs before Smith.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I would probably take 4 QBs before Smith.
    I love how people completely trash Geno Smith after his first season starting with a terrible offensive unit around him. We rush young quarterbacks to start after the success of the last couple, but the reality is that he likely shouldn't have been starting at all last season. He had his moments, especially late in games to win the team games in crunch time. Did he play awful at times? No ****, he's a rookie quarterback. What offensive targets did he even have? Holmes for 11 games, some of them still injured? Chris Ivory, the saints third string back? Oh..I've got it for you now..Jeremy Kerley, what a STUD.

vCash
    I wouldn't take him over Teddy, but I think there's an argument he's better than the other 3 QBs that are mentioned as possible first rounders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I love how people completely trash Geno Smith after his first season starting with a terrible offensive unit around him. We rush young quarterbacks to start after the success of the last couple, but the reality is that he likely shouldn't have been starting at all last season. He had his moments, especially late in games to win the team games in crunch time. Did he play awful at times? No ****, he's a rookie quarterback. What offensive targets did he even have? Holmes for 11 games, some of them still injured? Chris Ivory, the saints third string back? Oh..I've got it for you now..Jeremy Kerley, what a STUD.
    Well Ivory is actually a really strong runner and Kerley is a solid Slot but agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Well Ivory is actually a really strong runner and Kerley is a solid Slot but agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
    I do like Ivory and Kerley is for sure solid, but he was the #1 majority of the year.

vCash
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    I remember after his junior season he was considered an excellent prospect but after his final season in college and leading up to the draft people began to pick him apart a little bit, not unlike they are doing to Teddy Bridgewater now. I think he would be among the top prospects, roughly wherever you think Bridgewater fits in.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Teddy, Manziel and Bortles are all for sure better. I prefer Carr to him as well, and maybe someone like Mettenberger/Garrapolo..
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    Teddy, Manziel and Bortles are all for sure better. I prefer Carr to him as well, and maybe someone like Mettenberger/Garrapolo..
    I think you're missing the point

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    i'd take clowney to play qb before i took geno
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe pride View Post
    i'd take clowney to play qb before i took geno
    Geno's season > Eli's season

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYozzy View Post
    Geno's season > Eli's season
    first of all, no.
    second of all, geno smith has one year in the league and was abysmal. eli has been around for year and has had productive seasons
    third of all,why am i supposed to care?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast