Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Not yet 'put-up-or-shut-up' for Raiders' owner Mark Davis

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article...-mobile#page-1

A good read and I'm sure many will be happy.

vCash
    Good Read

vCash
    Thanks for posting, that was a good read.

vCash

Not yet 'put-up-or-shut-up' for Raiders' owner Mark Davis

2 things stood out to me:
    "My philosophy would be to start building the foundation of the team. Wide receiver - there are a lot of them this year - but I don't know if you can take a receiver at No. 5 because we have so many other needs for the foundation."
    Davis he was intensely interested in how Seattle's defense dismantled Manning. Add that to this quote and it seems to be a longshot Raiders would draft a receiver like Watkins #5. Foundation to me refers to the trenches. Maybe a DL at #5? Plenty of receivers can be drafted in 2nd or 3rd.

When asked if DA has grown in his eyes Davus said: A: "He's Reggie's guy. Reggie is my guy. Reggie made a statement that I don't particularly agree with. I went to school in Chico, and 4-12 last year and 4-12 this year are the same thing to me. I don't find one better than the other. (Laughing) We do math differently at Chico State than they do in Tennessee."
    To me, that statement is WOW. So brutally honest. So either Davis is saying he wasn't in board with hiring DA or simply that he made the decision to hire RM and RM made the decision to hire DA. Either way, it probably doesn't feel good for DA to read a statement like that.

All in all, I like what Davis had to say.

vCash
    Looks like we won't be taking Sammy Watkins with the #5 overall pick.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Looks like we won't be taking Sammy Watkins with the #5 overall pick.
    If clowney and all 3 QBs are taken, I kind of call bull **** depending on how our FA goes.

vCash
    Watkins is getting a big buzz. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team throw an extra 1st rounder on the future for Watkins.

He won't be taken by #5. I have a good feeling about this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Watkins is getting a big buzz. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team throw an extra 1st rounder on the future for Watkins.

He won't be taken by #5. I have a good feeling about this draft.
    If we could trade down and net another 1st rounder I will fart rainbows of happiness!

vCash
    Good read, Interview was great. I liked what he has to say, He may look goofy, and always hear stories of him being goofy, but he comes off very intelligent in that interview. I like that he knows he needed to have patience and at the same time wanting things to turn around. I like that he has structure, DA doesnt need to be his guy, he makes RM accountable, so RM is the one who is in control but at the same time RM is being held accountable for the coaches he picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post
    2 things stood out to me:
    "My philosophy would be to start building the foundation of the team. Wide receiver - there are a lot of them this year - but I don't know if you can take a receiver at No. 5 because we have so many other needs for the foundation."
    Davis he was intensely interested in how Seattle's defense dismantled Manning. Add that to this quote and it seems to be a longshot Raiders would draft a receiver like Watkins #5. Foundation to me refers to the trenches. Maybe a DL at #5? Plenty of receivers can be drafted in 2nd or 3rd.

When asked if DA has grown in his eyes Davus said: A: "He's Reggie's guy. Reggie is my guy. Reggie made a statement that I don't particularly agree with. I went to school in Chico, and 4-12 last year and 4-12 this year are the same thing to me. I don't find one better than the other. (Laughing) We do math differently at Chico State than they do in Tennessee."
    To me, that statement is WOW. So brutally honest. So either Davis is saying he wasn't in board with hiring DA or simply that he made the decision to hire RM and RM made the decision to hire DA. Either way, it probably doesn't feel good for DA to read a statement like that.

All in all, I like what Davis had to say.
    What he is saying is that 4-12 isn't acceptable. Whether the coach is Madden or Allen, it isn't acceptable.

If Mark Davis wanted a new coach he would have gotten one. I am judging the man by his actions rather than media spin. So far he has worked through his GM and shown the willingness to adhere to a plan.

vCash
    Whole lot of what I think and have said was pretty much solidified here.

Glad we are going big picture.

Glad he doesn't think the QBs here are sufficient. (Here or somewhere else he said)

Glad he isn't jumping WR early. (Or so he says)

Glad he was pissed at the 1-8 stretch, but also attributed that to the roster they had.

Seems that the plan isn't turn on a dime, but build. No emotional, knee jerk reactions.

Good read

vCash
    Mark Davis is finally starting to sound like an owner that is dialed into the football hemisphere. For all of the talk of us getting a QB that we can grow our team around, I think I'm finally starting to get a hint of the organization that is growing around Mark D.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    If we could trade down and net another 1st rounder I will fart rainbows of happiness!
    I wouldn't taste that rainbow.

vCash
    I think Mark comes across as open and thoughtful as we might not have expected, he's no dummy. I like how he's trusting what Reggie is doing and letting that play out, however, there is enough subtleness to show he's not just gonna let Reggie have a pass for not improving this team steadily and correctly and restoring the team that we can all be proud of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Good read, Interview was great. I liked what he has to say, He may look goofy, and always hear stories of him being goofy, but he comes off very intelligent in that interview. I like that he knows he needed to have patience and at the same time wanting things to turn around. I like that he has structure, DA doesnt need to be his guy, he makes RM accountable, so RM is the one who is in control but at the same time RM is being held accountable for the coaches he picks.
    Agree with most of what was said.
    Last edited by SundaeBest; 02-26-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by David123 View Post
    I think Al Davis is a robot created in the 1960's to run a afl franchise.
    --------------
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Billboard is too new technology for Al Davis. I'm going to be a maverick and do it the way Al can understand. I will hire a horseman to deliver the petitions and send Morse code to him.
    ------------------------

"What people don't get about me, is that I'm a rockstar first, and a basketball player second," - Lamar Odom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast