Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500

    Revis Available?

    I'm surprised no one has posted this story yet but it's sure to hijack either the offseason or FA threads so I'll post here. Be prepared to kiss the 3rd rounder goodbye and received the 4th instead should they let him walk (or be traded):

    According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, some rival executives believe Darrelle Revis is "ripe to be dealt" at the start of the new league year on March 11.
    Per La Canfora who swung and missed on his Sam Bradford report last week teams have been calling to inquire on Revis, but the Bucs have "not shopped (him) at all." Sources tell La Canfora that Tampa hasn't received any firm offers, but that "inquires could ramp up in coming weeks." New coach Lovie Smith has insisted he'll find a spot for Revis in his Tampa-2 zone, while Revis' salary would make any deal a long-shot. We'd consider him highly unlikely to be dealt.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,739
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think Anyone would be shocked by that. But it doesn't mean they will lose him for nothing.

    By the way. Do we only get the puck if he is on the bucs roster. Seems like we should still be compensated if they trade hin instead of cut him.

    Either way. We had to know this was a possibility. Just not a certainty yet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,026
    vCash
    1500
    For some reason I thought I clicked the Mets forum and the thread said "Reyes available" to which I planned on writing "give it up already"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I don't think Anyone would be shocked by that. But it doesn't mean they will lose him for nothing.

    By the way. Do we only get the puck if he is on the bucs roster. Seems like we should still be compensated if they trade hin instead of cut him.

    Either way. We had to know this was a possibility. Just not a certainty yet.
    We get a pick regardless I think if he is not on the Bucs roster they owe us a 4th instead of a 3rd or something like that

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,369
    vCash
    1500
    Also, in regards to him being available - I know we all love him but I hope nobody thinks he is coming back here. NOTHING has changed with him. He had an awesome year and still will want 14M plus I am sure regadless of where he lands. Idzik is not going to give him that

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stumble Inn UES
    Posts
    5,312
    vCash
    1500
    We didn't want Revis last year because he wanted too much money.

    What would have changed this year? He's still going to ask for more than we should be paying a corner.

    If we give Tampa their third back and Revis accepts a team friendy deal, than go for it. But we all know that isn't happening.
    Go Knicks!

    All time

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    6,131
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    We didn't want Revis last year because he wanted too much money.

    What would have changed this year? He's still going to ask for more than we should be paying a corner.

    If we give Tampa their third back and Revis accepts a team friendy deal, than go for it. But we all know that isn't happening.
    We need a corner more this year than we did last year.

    I would wait till he's released and then pick him up. Beat Tampa at their own game. Get their 4th but get Revis back.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,364
    vCash
    1500
    Wait, is the Revis pick #69? That would suck to lose that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stumble Inn UES
    Posts
    5,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    We need a corner more this year than we did last year.

    I would wait till he's released and then pick him up. Beat Tampa at their own game. Get their 4th but get Revis back.
    If Revis was asking for 13-14 million, you'd still have him back?
    Go Knicks!

    All time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    1500
    I would want him back but only on the following terms. He would have to sign a club friendly deal. Some where around 10 million. You would save a ton of money not resigning Cromartie, plus you have a lot of cap room this year.Also the contract would have to include a severe penalty clause if he were to try to hold out. The person you would have to sell this idea to is Woody Johnson who wanted him gone last year. I can't see this happening.
    Too bad I still have a Revis jets jersey.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    I would want him back but only on the following terms. He would have to sign a club friendly deal. Some where around 10 million. You would save a ton of money not resigning Cromartie, plus you have a lot of cap room this year.Also the contract would have to include a severe penalty clause if he were to try to hold out. The person you would have to sell this idea to is Woody Johnson who wanted him gone last year. I can't see this happening.
    Too bad I still have a Revis jets jersey.
    Yeah, I would guess the only way he returns is if he came back crawling on his knees, firing his agents and signing a long-term, cap-friendly deal with severe penalties for holding out. If he wants to return where he'd be happy and playing the scheme suited to him, that kind of sacrifice might be worth his while. If he wants to continue bouncing around to pry the most money out of wallets IRregardless of the scheme he plays in, that's his choice. He probably burned too many bridges here anyway. The chances of his returning to the Jets are slim-to-none. But still slim since the Jets do have money, do have Rex, and do have a vacant CB position.
    It would've been quite a scam to have rented him out for one year while the team rebuilds while receiving a 1st & 4th only to have him return the next year when they have money.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 02-26-2014 at 11:26 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Yeah, I would guess the only way he returns is if he came back crawling on his knees, firing his agents and signing a long-term, cap-friendly deal with severe penalties for holding out. If he wants to return where he'd be happy and playing the scheme suited to him, that kind of sacrifice might be worth his while. If he wants to continue bouncing around to pry the most money out of wallets IRregardless of the scheme he plays in, that's his choice. He probably burned too many bridges here anyway. The chances of his returning to the Jets are slim-to-none. But still slim since the Jets do have money, do have Rex, and do have a vacant CB position.
    It would've been quite a scam to have rented him out for one year while the team rebuilds while receiving a 1st & 4th only to have him return the next year when they have money.
    Great post. Woody and Idzik would look like geniuses if they could pull this off

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    268
    vCash
    1500
    For sure Rex and woody would look genius. If u think about it cutting Cro is 8 mil a year. I don't think anyone would be opposed to signing a shutdown corner for 6 mil. Cros 8 mil + 6 mil =14 mil we get revis for 14 mil a year. Revis paired with dee n Wilson. I'd take it. Maybe trade Cro and our 3rd for revis?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSSBOSS View Post
    For sure Rex and woody would look genius. If u think about it cutting Cro is 8 mil a year. I don't think anyone would be opposed to signing a shutdown corner for 6 mil. Cros 8 mil + 6 mil =14 mil we get revis for 14 mil a year. Revis paired with dee n Wilson. I'd take it. Maybe trade Cro and our 3rd for revis?
    You know that would leave us with no third rounder right? And ate you assuming we'd get to keep their 4th? I doubt it.

    And if it's a trade he had a contract. With all his holding out and douche **** agents no way he restructures or he would be here.

    Would you still do that deal?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,364
    vCash
    1500
    Hell no. I really hope he doesn't get dealt too, because I want that extra 3rd rounder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •