Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kings might sign Royce White

Soon to have a roster spot, heard Kings worked out former Rockets 1st-round pick Royce White. Could sign him after Fredette clears waivers.
    https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/...95494759665664

Something to watch for when Jimmer gets bought out.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Very little to lose by signing Royce White. If he does not work out we release him before next season starts.

vCash
    Wow, this is actually quite the coincidence... A few years ago I met White in Ames at an event and joked with him about being drafted by the Kings. I've been pulling for this guy ever since I found out he had an anxiety disorder. For anyone who doesn't understand the struggle associated with the disorder, its very tough to overcome. Yeah you can take meds and all, but once that anxiety takes over, its a wrap.

If the Kings sign him, great. If not, I hope he finds a home somewhere in the league. He's too talented to be sitting on a couch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Very little to lose by signing Royce White. If he does not work out we release him before next season starts.
    Couldn't agree more, he's a low risk/high reward situation. Hell, the Kings need to do their do-diligence when any talented player is available. Kings can't get too picky, their record states that.

vCash
    Maybe he can just play Home games. Cant hurt to give him a chance

vCash
    Not sure how the Johnson signing affects this.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Well looks like we're bringing in White:

The Sacramento Kings recently worked out 22-year-old forward and mental health advocate Royce White and are likely to sign him to a 10-day contract, two people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because no deal had yet been finalized.

White was drafted 16th overall by the Houston Rockets out of the Iowa State in 2012, but he struggled to adjust to the NBA lifestyle, in part, because of the well-chronicled anxiety disorder from which he suffers.

White had a public and often-contentious back and forth with Rockets officials regarding the support system, or lack thereof in his opinion, that he deemed necessary to thrive in the professional ranks.

He was traded from the Rockets to the Philadelphia 76ers in Aug. 2013, but - as was the case with the Rockets - never played in an NBA before getting cut three months later. White has played in 17 games for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA Development League, averaging 11.4 points, 5.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists. The Houston Chronicle first reported that the Kings had held a workout for White.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...kings/5839345/

Amick reporting it means it's probably happening.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Hopefully White works out for us. He's a talented player. Maybe playing in a small market will make things easier on him.

vCash

Kings might sign Royce White

I LOVED him in the draft. Very good signing IMO if true

vCash
    I could see how cousins could make his situation worse... Like two sticks of dynamite next to each other... Or it could help. He would be the lesser distraction on the team, and he could hopefully have players to relate to and vets to help.

vCash
    I wonder if we're envisioning him as a SF or a PF.

vCash
    I just want the guy to be successful. He's gone through a lot, so hopefully the Kings can provide a strong support system for Royce. I can see Vivek having a talk with him about accommodating some of his potential needs, or helping him in any way. (If his contract is extended beyond the season) Might as well sign him to a couple of 10 day contract, then making a decision after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I wonder if we're envisioning him as a SF or a PF.
    His game is that of a PF. I don't see any chance he plays SF. He has no range.

vCash

Exclamation KiNGS WILL SIGN ROYCE WHITE TO D-LEAGUE 10-DAY CONTRACT; POSSIBLE 2nd 10-DAY CONTRACT

This definitely makes sense. I like the idea of starting him off in the D-League and seeing if he can handle it. Gives him a chance to prove himself and earn a 2nd 10-day contract.

The Sacramento Kings will sign Royce White to a 10-day contract and immediately assign him to the Reno Big Horns of the D-League.

The Kings will have four games to evaluate White and if his stint goes well, they will likely sign him to a second 10-day deal to join the NBA team.

White is expected to practice with the Big Horns on Thursday in Reno.
    Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

vCash
    No Risk, moderately high reward. Smart front office is smart.
    #3in5

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast