Craig Steltz, S
    Correy Wootton, DE
    DJ Williams, LB
    Major Wright, S
    Charles Tillman, CB
    Nate Collins, DT
    Eben Britton, OT

Draft
    Trade our 1st to Browns for their 1st, 3rd, 4th, and their 5th round picks- Browns use their extra picks jumps in front of PIT for one of top WR in this draft to pair up with Gordon and their new QB.

RD1- Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
    RD2- Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
    RD3- Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
    RD3- Keith McGill, CB, Utah
    RD4- C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
    RD4- Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    RD5- Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    RD6- Dri Archer, RB/WR, Kent State
    RD6- Tom Hornsey, P, Memphis
    RD6- Gabe Ikard, OC, Oklahoma

Roster:

QB- Cutler, Palmer, Murray
    RB- Forte, Kuhn, Ford, Archer
    FB- Fiammetta, Kuhn
    WR- Marshall, Jeffery, Wilson, Weems, Bryant, Archer
    TE- Bennett, Scheffler, Fiedorowicz
    LT- Bushrod, Mills
    LG- Slauson, Brown
    C- Garza, Ikard
    RG- Long, Brown
    RT- Britton, Mills

LE- Wootton, Mincey, Bass
    DT- Paea, Melton, Collins
    NT- Sims, Ellis
    RE- Houston, Martin
    SLB- Connor, Shea
    MLB- Williams, Bostic
    WLB- Briggs, Greene
    CB- Jennings, McGill
    FS- Byrd, Conte
    SS- Pryor, Wright, Steltz
    CB- Tillman, Bowman
    NB- Frey

K- Gould
    P- Hornsey
    LS-Mannely
    KR- Archer, Weems, Bryant
    PR- Archer, Bryant

Two parts to talk about the contracts and picks, while given '13 PFF numbers.

Cut Peppers and Bush as post June 1 cuts. E. Bennett (trade), and cut of Podlesh to save $21M and making north of $27M is available for FA. There are a few other minor moves also, like trying to move Washington and Franklin to PS.

Lance Briggs takes a $2M pay cut- Briggs will not like this, but with the amount of money FA LB have been getting, we could easily cut him and sign Spikes

Extend Brandon Marshall- 5 yrs/ $52M $8M SB '14 CH $8.5M- Marshall has been one of our best players since we traded for him, so this is well deserved. Similar to the M. Wallace deal.

Convert $12M of Cuttys salary this year into a signing bonus- This pays for the draft class, with money left over, without hurting us long term.

FA- $35M available

Lamarr Houston, DE (+11.4)- 6 yrs/$36M, $8M of it as a SB, years 1-3 guaranteed, $4M '14 CH- Houston fits what Tucker likes at DE: big and a stout run defender. He also a very good pass rusher, led the NFL with 41 hurries in the regular season.

Pat Sims, NT-(+14.7)- 3yrs $9.5 M, $2M coming as a SB, $2.5M '14 CH- Sims is a bigger NT, who is still younger and should come fairly cheap.

Tony Scheffler, TE-1 yr/$950k- A cheap backup that has a connection with Jay.

Jairus Byrd, FS-(+9.9)-5 yrs $38M, $10M of it is a SB, Years 1-3 are guaranteed, '14 CH $6.5M- A playmaking safety that will go a long way in shoring up one of our weakest positions last year. Byrd fits perfectly for what Tucker wants from his FS.

John Kuhn, FB-(+9.6)-2 yr/$2.3M, $1.2M '14 CH- Takes Bushs role as backup RB and power back. Plus, he can fill in at FB if needed. Not to mention, he's solid in ST and pass protection.

Dan Connor, LB-(+1.3)- 1yr $1M- Connor has always dealt with injuries but when he is healthy, he is good. Connor will compete with Bostic for the traditional SLB role, while Shea will take LEO. Plus, he can backup all three LB positions.

Jeremy Mincey, DE-(+3.1)- 2 yrs $3.5M, $1.5M '14 CH- Mincey has ties with Tucker and his defense. He would be the first DE off the bench.

Henry Melton, DT-(-6.4)-1 yr/ $3M- Melton wasn't playing well before going on IR, but he's one year removed for playing at elite status, so he's worth the gamble. If Melton can regain form, that's a big if, he would fight Paea for the starting UT spot. If not, he becomes a pass rush rotational player.

Zach Bowman, CB-(-3.2)-1 yr/$1M- Had solid year. Competes for a starting spot and can play ST.

Jordan Palmer, QB- 1yr/ $950k- A cheap scheme fit backup. A have no problem bring McCown back, but it would have to be something like a 2 yrs $3M deal. Since I have us drafting a young backup, I when the cheaper route.

Patrick Mannelly, LS-2 yr/ $2M- Mannelly is old, but there's isn't many option. I wish Garza could LS, to open a roster spot.

Roberto Garza, C-(+7.7)-2 yrs/ $3M, $1M '14 CH- Had a good year. Serves as a bridge.

Craig Steltz, S-(-5.7)-1 yr/ $850k- Mostly a ST signing, but helps with depth.

Correy Wootton, DE-(-5.4)- 4 yrs/ $16M, $5M of that is a SB '14 CH $3.5M- Wootton had a up and down season. He fits what Tucker likes and asks from his DE.

DJ Williams, LB-(-3.1)- 1yr $1.25M- DJ was solid when he was healthy and the price is right. This gives us another year to develop Bostic and see if he can be the answer as a long term MLB.

Eben Britton, OT-(+4.1)- 3 yrs $5.25M, $1.5M of that SB, $1.5 '14 CH- Britton was very good in limited reps. He will compete for the starting RT spot.

Charles Tillman, CB-(-6.5)-2 yrs $4.5M, $1.85M '14 CH- Tillman won't get any big offers in FA. TB may offer him a contract, but I think he will choose to stay in CHI. Many have written Trill off, but personally I think he offers a lot if he can stay healthy.

Major Wright, S-(-27.4)- 1 yr $950k- Even though he had a horrible year, Wright is still young, so maybe he can turn things around. Plus, gives some cheap depth and a guy to compete with a rookie.

Nate Collins, DT-(+.3)- 1 yr $950k- A cheap and young depth at DT. Collins has done well when he gets the reps and healthy. Collins is valued since he can take reps at both UT and NT.

Draft

Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville- Pryor is a perfect fit for SS in Tuckers defense. His ability to play in box, while still being athletic enough to drop in coverage is a huge appeal. This gives a potentially a dynamic duo at Safety.

Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina- With the addition of Martin, we would have a very deep DL. Martin would split reps with Shea and Bass on passing downs.

Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson- Bryant doesn't get talked about much, probably because it's a deep WR class, but he would be a steal in round 3; he reminds me a bit of Stephen Hill. A 6'5 WR with 4.3 speed will make a hell of a deep threat.

Keith McGill, CB, Utah- I don't like having rookie CB starting, since they usually struggle early in their careers, so McGill would likely be a ST his first year. Tucker played a lot of press man with the Jags, so McGill will fit in that mold.

C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa- A underrated TE, who does everything well. We need to have some depth behind BU, in case of a injury.

Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech- As stated before, Tucker likes larger DT, so he can run a 1-Gap and free up the LBs. Ellis fits that mold, but he shown flashes of being a good pass rusher.

Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia-Many won't like taking a QB after signing Jay long term, but it plays to the strength of this class. Plus, Palmer is not a long term answer at backup QB. Not to mention, Murray fits Trestman system like a glove.

Dri Archer, RB/WR, Kent State-I need a PR and Archer is a popular pick, for good reason. Trestman could do some special things with a player with speed like Archer. Plus, Forte had something like 360 touches last season, which should be cut back some.

Tom Hornsey, P, Memphis- Many won't like taking a punter with a 6th when we could get one as a UDFA, but I personally don't mind. Punter was a position of weakness at times last season, so we get one of the better punters. Plus, it's not often that you get a day 1 starter in the 6th round.

Gabe Ikard, OC, Oklahoma- Gives us a young center to groom. Many posters have wanted us to bring in a young center to groom for multiple off seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear
    GeorgiaBear's Mock

Current Roster: (Available Cap- 8 mil)

QB- Jay Cutler, ?
    RB- Matt Forte, Michael Ford
    FB- Tony Fiammetta
    WR- Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Marquess Wilson, ?, ?
    TE- Martellus Bennett, ?, Fendi Onobun
    LT- Jermon Bushrod, ?
    LG- Matt Slauson, Taylor Boggs
    C- ?, ?
    RG- Kyle Long, James Brown
    RT- Jordan Mills, ?

LE- ?, ?, David Bass
    DT- ?, ?
    NT- Stephen Paea, ?
    RE- Julius Peppers, Shea McClellin, Cornelius Washington
    SLB- Shea McClellin, ?
    MLB- Jon Bostic, ?
    WLB- Lance Briggs, Khaseem Greene
    CB- Tim Jennings, ?
    FS- ?, Chris Conte
    SS- ?, ?
    CB- ?, ?
    NB- Isaiah Frey, ?

K- Robbie Gould
    P- ?
    KR- ?
    PR- ?
    LS- Patrick Mannelly

Cut:

Julius Peppers (14 mil)
    Earl Bennett (2.45 mil)
    Eric Weems (1.6 mil)
    Michael Bush (1.85 mil)
    Adam Podlesh (1.025 mil)

Restructure: (Available Cap- 29 mil)

Brandon Marshall (4 yrs 48 mil) (Cap Hit 6.5 mil)

Resign: (Available Cap- 32 mil)

Josh McCown (2 yrs 6 mil) (Cap Hit 2 mil)
    Jonathan Scott (1 yr 750 k)
    Roberto Garza (1 yr 1 mil)
    Eben Britton (1 yr 750 k)
    Nate Collins (1 yr 750 k)
    Corey Wootton (4 yrs 11 mil) (Cap Hit 1.75 mil)
    D.J. Williams (1 yr 1.75 mil)
    Zack Bowman (1 yr 1 mil)

Sign: (Available Cap- 22.25 mil)

Pat Sims (3 yrs 9 mil) (Cap Hit 1.5 mil)
    Jairus Byrd (5 yrs 45 mil) (Cap Hit 8 mil)
    Dexter McCluster (3yrs 10 mil) (Cap Hit 2.75 mil)
    Everson Griffen (3 yrs 9 mil) (Cap Hit 1.75 mil)
    Ed Dickson (3 yrs 6 mil) (Cap Hit 1.5 mil)

Draft: (Trade our '14 1st, 4th, & 5th round picks and '15 3rd for the Browns' 26th and 35th picks plus Jabaal Sheard) (Available Cap- 6.75)

Trade Explanation: (The Browns get a higher pick to get add offensive talent while letting go of Sheard to make playing time for Mingo and Kruger plus 3 extra picks. The Bears get an extra pick plus a up and coming pass rusher in Sheard to fill two holes.)

1st(26th)- Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2nd(35th)- Kyle Fuller CB VT
    2nd- Deone Bucannon SS Washington
    3rd- Kareem Martin DE North Carolina
    6th- Gabe Ikard C Oklahoma
    6th- L'Damien Washington WR MIZZ
    UDFA- Ricardo Allen CB/NB Purdue
    UDFA- Ty Zimmerman S KSU
    UDFA- Pat O'Donnell P Miami

Roster: (53 Man Roster Not Active 46)

QB- Jay Cutler, Josh McCown
    RB- Matt Forte, Dexter McCluster, Michael Ford
    FB- Tony Fiammetta
    WR- Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Marquess Wilson, Dexter McCluster, L'Damien Washington
    TE- Martellus Bennett, Ed Dickson, Fendi Onobun
    LT- Jermon Bushrod, Jonathan Scott
    LG- Matt Slauson, Taylor Boggs
    C- Roberto Garza, Gabe Ikard
    RG- Kyle Long, James Brown
    RT- Jordan Mills, Eben Britton

4-3 Alignment:

LE- Corey Wootton, Kareem Martin, Cornelius Washington
    DT- Aaron Donald, Nate Collins
    NT- Pat Sims, Stephen Paea
    RE- Everson Griffen, Jabaal Sheard, David Bass
    SLB- Jon Bostic, Shea McClellin, Jerry Franklin
    MLB- D.J. Williams, Jon Bostic
    WLB- Lance Briggs, Khaseem Greene
    CB- Tim Jennings, Ricardo Allen, Demontre Hurst
    FS- Jairus Byrd, Chris Conte
    SS- Deone Bucannon, Ty Zimmerman
    CB- Kyle Fuller, Zack Bowman, C.J. Wilson
    NB- Isaiah Frey, Ricardo Allen

Nascar Package: (For Passing Downs only)

LE- Kareem Martin, Nate Collins
    NT- Aaron Donald, Stephen Paea
    RE- Corey Wootton, David Bass
    OLB/DE- Jabaal Sheard, Everson Griffen,
    ILB- Lance Briggs, D.J. Williams
    OLB/DE- Shea McClellin, Jon Bostic
    CB- Tim Jennings, C.J. Wilson
    FS- Jairus Byrd, Chris Conte
    SS- Deone Bucannon, Ty Zimmerman
    CB- Kyle Fuller, Zack Bowman
    NB- Isaiah Frey, Ricardo Allen

K- Robbie Gould
    P- Pat O'Donnell
    KR- Dexter McCluster
    PR- Dexter McCluster
    LS- Patrick Mannelly
    Round 1: (1) BcEuAbRsS vs (4) AB1984 - AB Wins 14-5
    Round 1: (2) sager729 vs (3) kozelkid - kozel Wins 11-6

vCash
    Might be the two best entries so far overall.

Going to have to really think about this ...

vCash
    I voted for bw. What? Bc **** Ohio state

vCash
    Voted for Bear....i find the first one unrealistic

vCash
    #TeamGB

vCash
    Well done GB

Looks like I'm going to get my *** handed to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    Well done GB

Looks like I'm going to get my *** handed to me.
    There's still time. Yours looks great too. I like the Martavis Bryant addition. My defense will probably be what gets me the win if I do.

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    That is some great work bw; you probably would have beaten me. I'm going with GB though. The Jabaal Sheard trade might be my favorite move I've seen in any offseason so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    That is some great work bw; you probably would have beaten me. I'm going with GB though. The Jabaal Sheard trade might be my favorite move I've seen in any offseason so far.
    Thanks, man

I thought about doing it in one of the main thread mocks but held off once I heard we were doing this. It is something I would absolutely love for Phil to do.

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash

Mock Offseason Round 1: (1) Branwegner84 vs (4) GeorgiaBear

I'm with CSSTL, **** Ohio St.

vCash

Mock Offseason Round 1: (1) Branwegner84 vs (4) GeorgiaBear

Good job both of you.

vCash
    Not a fan of either drafts, but both teams are well constructed. GB wins by a decent margin, but only because Bran's seems a bit improbable.

vCash
    So the cap could be as high as 135 million? That's much more than we originally thought.

vCash
    I still thought both were good. BW was just a bit too far fetched.

vCash
    Man, Georgia's running away with this one...really thought Bran did a nice job though. Just a tough match up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast