Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sixers may buy out Granger's expiring contract

Danny Granger's status with the 76ers could be resolved on Tuesday.

That's when the franchise may announce whether or not the 6-foot-9 forward, who was acquired in Thursday's trade with the Indiana Pacers, will remain with the team.

Granger wants to play for an NBA championship contender, according to sources. And there's a belief the Sixers will negotiate a buyout of what's left of his expiring contract (about $4 million) to accommodate the former all-star. He must be on a postseason-bound team's roster by Saturday in order play in the playoffs.
    http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/...ticleId=292158

vCash
    Would Pacers be able to resign him in the event of his buyout?

vCash
    I think, I'm not sure, the NBA changed the rules to prevent that from happening. So I'm going to say no. If the Pacers could and did, the bench would be scary good come April.

Edit: I just looked it up. There is no rule preventing the Pacers from re-signing Granger if he is bought out, but there is precident where the NBA has blocked it from happening. In 2010, the NBA blocked Ilgauskas from re-signing with the Cavs after being traded.

Even if the NBA allowed Granger to re-sign with the Pacers, I doubt he would.

Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer
    Danny Granger was "pissed" when he learned he was traded to the Sixers, per league source.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...rned-of-trade/

Last edited by cardinals1226; 02-25-2014 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    If Granger had hustled like used to when he busted his front teeth all season and the shots just weren't falling I would have been mad at trading him....and he probably wouldn't have been traded.

Just an example of why I was happy to see him go: The Minnesota game before he was traded I remember seeing a play where DG seemed to get mixed up on some D and there was a foul. Granted the game was lost at this point, but still Roy goes over to explain to him how the D was supposed to work, like the leader on defense should...with Roy in mid sentence DG turns around and walks away from the paint obviously blowing him off...only to return to the paint for the Free Throw.

I just didn't see DG buying into the 6th man role much if at all...shots weren't falling with him shooting 36%, he seemed uninterested at times on both ends at times(yes I know DG always had that more smooth style that looks lazy which makes it look worse), and he really just didn't seem interested in working hard to take his starting spot back....which may have been taken by Lance already, but DG didn't even want to make Vogel think twice.

vCash
    Also just saw the Kings were working on buying out Jimmer Ferdette. Didn't Larry try to get him at one point?

vCash
    Sign Ferdette and cut Sloan and Copeland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    Are cope's 2 years guaranteed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Are cope's 2 years guaranteed?
    Copeland will be a free agent after next year. It appears that year is guaranteed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    Too late unfortunately. I'd be all for this move though.

#iubb