Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Your Team Needed a WR, How Far Would You Go To Get Watkins?

So my team, the Jets (enough already!!!), needs a WR bad. While there are other needs for sure, this one is huge. So if your team had a very good defense, a good offensive line, RB core and a serviceable QB, what would you be willing to give up, in order to get Sammy Watkins?

Knowing that this draft is full of WR talent makes it a bit more difficult for sure, but for me Watkins is leagues above the next 4 best WR and 10 leagues above the next best 10-15 after that.

I'm willing to give up a first, second and fifth, mostly because we have a bunch of picks to fill the gaps.

What to do....what to do??????

vCash
    Steelers, I think a first this year and next years 1st and 3rd.

>50% of Watkins catches last year were screens. Steelers threw the highest % of WR screens of any NFL team the last 2 years. So he would fit in well here.

BUT

The WR class and so deep. So despite Watkins being the "class" of the class there are SOOO many good options out there that you aren't forced to get him.
    Last edited by warfelg; 02-25-2014 at 09:43 AM.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    True, did not think of that. Good fit for you guys definitely.

What about any off the field stuff with him? You worried about his character? I'm not. The weed thing plus a couple pills needs to be asked about for sure, but I think all college kids mess up a bit and it isn't a character defect.

Draft day will be here soon.....

vCash
    Not at all worried about the off the field stuff. It's not a multiple time issue thing.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    being a past fan we do have a glaring need for an outside wr, but wouldnt morgage the future for sammy watkins. there are so many really good receivers in this years draft and free agency hasnt even started. if i were the jets i would make a run at jeremy maclin and jacoby jones. cut ties with santonio holmes. use your picks for a tight end, o-line and a serviceable qb. if im the steelers i stand pat and draft either marquise lee or kelvin benjamin. steelers have alot of age and salary cap problems that can be filled at a discount through the draft

vCash
    Id love the Lions to get Sammy, But not at the cost of actual valuable picks, If it costs anything in the first 3 rounds id rather just go after Evans and if he's gone go a different position and look for Matthews or Janis in the 2nd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pats2009 View Post
    being a past fan we do have a glaring need for an outside wr, but wouldnt morgage the future for sammy watkins. there are so many really good receivers in this years draft and free agency hasnt even started. if i were the jets i would make a run at jeremy maclin and jacoby jones. cut ties with santonio holmes. use your picks for a tight end, o-line and a serviceable qb. if im the steelers i stand pat and draft either marquise lee or kelvin benjamin. steelers have alot of age and salary cap problems that can be filled at a discount through the draft
    Why are you on a football forum if your not even a fan anymore??

vCash
    Youngest offense in the NFL, and 2nd Youngest front 7. Tell me again how we're old?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg:28037037
    Youngest offense in the NFL, and 2nd Youngest front 7. Tell me again how we're old?
    Lol calm down war. It's not his fault that the media portrays us that way. Lmao

vCash
    I don't need to calm. Go back to your thug zoo spot

vCash
    If Denver was to trade up that high, I'd rather they try to get a guy like Clowney. That's assuming Watkins is a top 5 pick along with Clowney. There's a good amount of WRs this draft projected to go in the first few rounds. That's not to say I wouldn't love Watkins though.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Carolina has a glaringly massive need at WR and I'd say Watkins is my favorite WR prospect since AJ Green, but no chance in hell I'd mortgage the future for one player. He's probably an elite WR in the making (though I'm not nearly as sold on him as I was Green), but I'd much rather see us fix our holes (especially given our cap situation) than see us trade all of our picks. I guess the most I'd be willing to offer would be a trade-up situation with a team like OAK or JAX (assuming he lasts that long) involving our 1st round pick (#28) and Greg Hardy in some sort of tag-and-trade in which he agrees to a contract before being traded to them.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    I wouldn't. Look at the last 14 years and wr taken top ten. Tell me how many of those teams won a sb. WR are a need today yes but unless it is the final piece to put your team over the top I wouldn't trade up to draft one.

vCash
    Watkins could fall into our lap at #5. If not, oh well.

I wouldn't trade up for anyone at this point, unless the trade somehow involved getting a top 4 pick this year for our top draft pick next year and we keep our #5 pick as well. Yeah, no one is making that trade, even though they stand to get a top 5 draft pick from us in 2015 -- assuming our schedule proves to be as horrendous as it looks on paper and we have another double digit loss season.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    hes not a game changer like Green or Megatron imo. If there was no doubt he'd be that kind of guy, I would absolutely trade a ransom to get up to the top 7 or so to draft him. Since I don't see him as that guy, I wouldn't trade up for him personally. LOTS of WR talent in this draft. The guys in the 2nd and 3rd tiers might be better than guys in the top tier last year.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast