Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Team Wins in a 7-game Series?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4. Atlanta

9 52.94%
  • 5. Cleveland

6 35.29%
  • GMs Click Here

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bulls' Mock Playoffs: ATL vs CLE

This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

4. Atlanta
    PG: Mario Chalmers - Patrick Beverley - Corey Joseph
    SG: Kobe Bryant - Evan Turner - Gary Neal
    SF: Rudy Gay - Tobias Haris - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    PF: Blake Griffin - Kevin Garnett - Udonis Haslem
    C: Spencer Hawes - Chris Kaman - Pero Antic

5. Cleveland
    PG: Jrue Holliday - Michael Carter-Williams - Chauncey Billups
    SG: Monta Ellis - OJ Mayo - Omri Casspi
    SF: Wilson Chandler - Jae Crowder
    PF: Al Jefferson - Derrick Williams
    C: Tyson Chandler - Emeka Okafor - JaVale McGee

Atlanta has Home-court advantage

vCash
    This is a really bad matchup for ATL - definitely need to be persuaded by phlp to not vote for CLE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3:28035334
    This is a really bad matchup for ATL - definitely need to be persuaded by phlp to not vote for CLE
    Are you kidding? Atlanta is much more balanced

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    How exactly? Kobe/Gay is a bad pairing, so is Griffin/Hawes. Tyson can make up for Jefferson's defense while providing elite rebounding and rim protection against Griffin. I need some convincing; i'll state this: ATL's not a bad team, but this isn't a good matchup for them at all. Advancing in the playoffs is all about matchups

vCash
    CLE's front court is very deep .Shaq's sweety McGee is the backup of a backup of Chandler With that being said ,ATL's bigs are more versatile ,like KG and Kaman ,albeit kind of slow

vCash
    Atlanta since I'm on my phone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    How exactly? Kobe/Gay is a bad pairing, so is Griffin/Hawes. Tyson can make up for Jefferson's defense while providing elite rebounding and rim protection against Griffin. I need some convincing; i'll state this: ATL's not a bad team, but this isn't a good matchup for them at all. Advancing in the playoffs is all about matchups
    No one defends Tyson outside the paint- you know where you want to get Al the ball. Tyson is a like a mini D12. You need versatile forwards with range around him. Jefferson and Tyson are a terrible match.

vCash
    offensively yeah they're not ideal, but Tyson covers up for Jefferson defensively. Neither team has great spacing, but I think CLE's defense is FAR superior whereas the gap for their respective offenses is closer

vCash
    bump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    But Tyson clogs the paint for Jefferson. That's why Jefferson has been a center for most of his career and played alongside PF's who can shoot (Millsap in Utah and McRoberts in Charlotte). Also, I'm not quite sure Tyson Chandler still deserves credit for his rim protection skills. The Knicks have been a layup line all season and I've been very disappointed in Chandler's help rotations (along with basically everybody else who wears an orange and blue jersey).

How is that worse than Griffin and Hawes?

vCash
    Would have loved to see ATL start Garnett at C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    But Tyson clogs the paint for Jefferson. That's why Jefferson has been a center for most of his career and played alongside PF's who can shoot (Millsap in Utah and McRoberts in Charlotte). Also, I'm not quite sure Tyson Chandler still deserves credit for his rim protection skills. The Knicks have been a layup line all season and I've been very disappointed in Chandler's help rotations (along with basically everybody else who wears an orange and blue jersey).

How is that worse than Griffin and Hawes?
    All good points. I think Tyson if put in a better situation can rebound to his defensive form from a couple years ago. However, Al Jefferson isn't a terrible floor spacer in his own right. The past 3 years, excluding this season, he's shot 40.6% from 16-23 feet while taking over 20% of his shots from that range. That's pretty good, not elite but pretty good. And I just really don't like the Griffin/Hawes pairing at all, particularly because I'm not sold on Hawes being a starter on a contending team. Now I don't think either ATL or CLE are contending teams.

I think Griffin would have to have a monstrous series for ATL to advance, and he's been far more Kevin Garnett than Charles Barkely in the post-season
    Last edited by Shammyguy3; 02-25-2014 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    I think what is giving me the most trouble with this season is I don't know how I view Kobe at this point. What does 100% healthy even mean for him anymore? Assuming that means last season's Kobe who had a tremendous year and averaged 27ppg/6apg then I'm giving ATL the small edge here.

vCash
    I don't think that's at all likely. I think a healthy Kobe at this point produces 21ppg 5apg and 5rpg on a 55ts% and 108 ORtg - so good, but not tremendous. And because Blake is still not at that elite level to me, I'm leaning towards CLE. I'm still waiting for phlp to come in here and try to convince me that I'm underrating this ATL team

vCash
    Atlanta has a Kobe coming off an injury trying to prove himself. Rudy Gay in a contract year, and Blake Griffin a break out year. It's a mess. All three guys want the ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast