Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why doesn't the NCAA adopt NBA rules?

I'm wondering why the NCAA continues to stick with it's stupid rules when they are counterproductive to the development of any player trying to make the NBA. How do these help anyone?

1) 40 minutes games for young players.
    2) 5 foul ejection rule leads to star players sitting out almost entire halfs because they have 2 fouls (if you increased to 6 they could stay in with 2)
    3) 35 second shot clock is way too long (I see how this could help a player learn plays but 30 seconds in more then enough)
    4) shortened 3 point line
    5) No three second defensive violation

***Title should be why doesn't the NCAA adopt NBA Rules?

vCash
    Because most of the college players won't see the nba anyway. If you are good enough to make the nba none of this will bother you when you make the leap. Really these players learn sets and plays and become coachable in college. This is sometimes why when the young kids came to the nba they failed. They didn't go to college and didn't learn anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Because most of the college players won't see the nba anyway. If you are good enough to make the nba none of this will bother you when you make the leap. Really these players learn sets and plays and become coachable in college. This is sometimes why when the young kids came to the nba they failed. They didn't go to college and didn't learn anything.
    But how do these NCAA specific rules help anyone prepare for the NBA? For example, I was watching Kansas today and Andrew Wiggins gets two weak fouls in the first 10 minutes and is forced to sit out the rest of the half. How does a player learn anything from that? if anything there should be an extra foul for these players so they can learn what they can and can't do.

vCash
    The NBA should just create it's own league for top high school prospects to goto with rules similar to their own like they have in other sports. A lot of these players don't give a **** about going to school anyways so at-least let them prepare for the league properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    The NBA should just create it's own league for top high school prospects to goto with rules similar to their own like they have in other sports. A lot of these players don't give a **** about going to school anyways so at-least let them prepare for the league properly.
    The D League...?

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    farm league, europe style. get rid of the ncaa.

vCash
    But how do these NCAA specific rules help anyone prepare for the NBA? For example, I was watching Kansas today and Andrew Wiggins gets two weak fouls in the first 10 minutes and is forced to sit out the rest of the half. How does a player learn anything from that? if anything there should be an extra foul for these players so they can learn what they can and can't do.
    It will teach them to play d with their body and not their hands. It's 5 fouls cause it's only 40 minutes compared to 48 in the nba. People sometimes pick up 2 fouls fast and have to sit in the nba. But college usually doesn't cater to stars like the nba does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    The D League...?
    No that's for pro's...I'm talking about a league for amateurs (people out of high school). The NHL has the CHL for example so players can choose to go there instead of the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    It will teach them to play d with their body and not their hands. It's 5 fouls cause it's only 40 minutes compared to 48 in the nba. People sometimes pick up 2 fouls fast and have to sit in the nba. But college usually doesn't cater to stars like the nba does.
    Yea I understand they do that because the games are shorter but I still think that it easier to manage 6 fouls in 48 minutes than 5 in 40 minutes. i've literally seen players get 2 fouls in the first couple minutes and have to sit for 18 minutes straight something is wrong with that. The NCAA uses extended shot clocks so that it helps players run/learn plays so why not give them an extra foul too so they aren't punished so severely for a learning mistake or dumb call?

vCash
    No that's for pro's...I'm talking about a league for amateurs (people out of high school). The NHL has the CHL for example so players can choose to go there instead of the NCAA.
    you can go the dleauge if you want. In fact I think for stars like wiggins its where they should go. hire a trainer, nutritionist, agent, and go to a team with a good coach.

vCash
    Different initials

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    you can go the dleauge if you want. In fact I think for stars like wiggins its where they should go. hire a trainer, nutritionist, agent, and go to a team with a good coach.
    I thought you could only do that if you don't get drafted or have gone pro...I've never seen someone enter the draft from the d-league have you?

vCash
    I thought you could only do that if you don't get drafted or have gone pro...I've never seen someone enter the draft from the d-league have you?
    glenn rice jr last year

but its hardly ever happens because nobody worth draft goes to the d league,the national exposure and competition level resides with the ncaa ,and thats something that will never change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    glenn rice jr last year

but its hardly ever happens because nobody worth draft goes to the d league,the national exposure and competition level resides with the ncaa ,and thats something that will never change
    I wish all the top prospects chose to do that because it would be way better developing in a league like that..But the d-league doesn't have the rep to do it so it would probably be better to create a league just for NBA prospects.

vCash
    I think there are some rules the NCAA should adopt, not all of them though.

35 second shot clock seems a touch long but 24 might be too quick especially since not all college players are star talents who are pushing the ball up the floor or whatever. My high school league used 30 second shot clock and that was fine.

3 point line IMO could be deeper. 20 minute halves is a bit dumb. Maybe 4 10min quarters

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast