Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Taiwan Jones re-signed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-extenstion/

I like this resigning by R.M. Jones is a team first player and seemed to do great at whatever opportunity the Raiders gave him.
    Last edited by YoungBlood; 02-24-2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: To make people happy.

vCash
    just saw the pic on instagram. happy to have him back

vCash
    Good to hear. Great team player and emerging All Pro special teamer.

vCash
    I like it. He was one of the very few bright spots on special teams this year.

vCash
    He retired? Lol just messing around.

He was a great gunner last year. Nice to have him back.

vCash
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 44 mins
    Details on Taiwan Jones’ #Raiders extension: 3 years, $4.355M, per source. That’s 4 years, $5M total. 1 of the highest paid special teamers

Anyone else kinda of pissed at the money we just spend on this guy. 5m is what we had total in cap room last offseason. Its not terrible but we spend way to much on special teams as it is, ecspecially since our ST's are some of the worst in the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Details on Taiwan Jones’ #Raiders extension: 3 years, $4.355M, per source. That’s 4 years, $5M total. 1 of the highest paid special teamers

Anyone else kinda of pissed at the money we just spend on this guy. 5m is what we had total in cap room last offseason. Its not terrible but we spend way to much on special teams as it is, ecspecially since our ST's are some of the worst in the NFL
    You have to keep your core players. Would you rather see him sign the same contract for another team and become a Pro Bowl player in their laundry. Jones offers versatility with elite speed. he can play RB, CB while being one the NFL's best gunner's.

Its these types of singings, not the sexy FA's that build contenders.

vCash
    I like to keep him here, and I value core players however I dont consider him elite in any sense of the word. I thought he was good on special teams but not really great. He is paid as one of the top ST players in the NFL. I am not complaining I just did not see him as that kind of quality, so it suprised me some

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post

He isn't getting 5 million per year. It's not going to be 5 million against the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    You have to keep your core players. Would you rather see him sign the same contract for another team and become a Pro Bowl player in their laundry. Jones offers versatility with elite speed. he can play RB, CB while being one the NFL's best gunner's.

Its these types of signings, not the sexy FA's that build contenders.
    THIS x 1,000. I'd rather have a team full of Nick Roach's and Taiwan Jones' than one of Seymour's and McClain.

Reggie knows gunners come a dime a dozen, so he's making an effort to keep his guy in his backyard. 4 years and $5 is chump change considering what Taiwan brings to the table.
    I'm the only Raiders fan I know, still having nightmares about JaMarcus Russell.

vCash
    I understand this... just 5m total. I am really just splitting hairs, my entire point is that money like that adds up. We pay high for a long snapper, a kicker, a gunner, and a FB - with respect to league averages. These positions are very low impact in the big picture (i know they are still significant). We have always paid more than normal for positions like this eventhough its still a relatively low number.
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 02-24-2014 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evwaslike View Post
    THIS x 1,000. I'd rather have a team full of Nick Roach's and Taiwan Jones' than one of Seymour's and McClain.

Reggie knows gunners come a dime a dozen, so he's making an effort to keep his guy in his backyard. 4 years and $5 is chump change considering what Taiwan brings to the table.
    Dime a dozen is exactly what im saying... he would be very easily replaced for peanuts. I really like Roach, but he plays a real position. I dont see Taiwan bringing much of anything to the table, he is a RB reject that we are trying to find a spot for.

That being said it is, what it is. I have no problem with the guy (except fumbles) and think he plays hard. It is not much money so it really will just get lost in the shuffle. I was only commenting because he is getting paid as one of the top special teamers in the NFL now.

vCash
    Reggie isn't really helping the cap. This isn't a huge contract but he made jon condo the highest paid long snapper, jano highest paid kicker, branch a top paid safety, now jones a top paid sp player. That's no bueno we need decent contract were a player earns what he's worth.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    ^ pretty much what I was trying to say. Looks small now but adds up after awhile of signing positions at top dollar like special teams, safety, fullback, snappers, etc.

vCash
    RM was just awarded $7 million in extra cap room. That would leave him room to sign 6 more players that play with heart, as a supporting cast.

All in all, I think the numbers are just based off of the salary demands all players will have in the next 5 years. This league is making bookoo bucks and the wages are increasing. That is all this is. Taiwan's services will be a bargain in 3 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast