Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 235
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,002
    vCash
    1500

    The double life of a gay Dodger: What it was like to be a closeted gay pro athlete

    The double life of a gay Dodger: What it was like to be a closeted gay pro athlete, 30 years before Jason Collins. http://t.co/QtVfJxBwEh

    Really really good read. It's long but it's worth it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    349
    vCash
    1500
    Thank you for posting. I am wondering who it is, and will have to read the article later.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,399
    vCash
    1500
    This article about Puig?
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    a higher plane
    Posts
    4,665
    vCash
    1500
    Where does this stop?

    Now everyone has to know your sexual preferences and accept it?

    Who will be the first active pro athlete that has sex with animals? He will be very brave

    It's really no ones business who you choose to have sex with
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028



    New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,375
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    It's really no ones business who you choose to have sex with
    It shouldn't be. But apparently in many people's eyes, especially (and sadly) law makers, it is.

    These first guys to come out and talk about it are getting attention for good reason. It might be annoying, but it's necessary. It's the first step towards creating an environment where people truly stop caring. We have a lot of people that are still actively speaking out on the side that will undoubtedly be on the wrong side of history. But they still exist, so it's still an issue.



    Thanks for the share. Interesting read.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Where does this stop?

    Now everyone has to know your sexual preferences and accept it?

    Who will be the first active pro athlete that has sex with animals? He will be very brave

    It's really no ones business who you choose to have sex with
    How many times do I have to see this parallel? Where is two consenting adults of the same sex who engage in a relationship anything like a person who engages in bestiality? I swear between this, the Michael Sam thread, and Jason Collins it really gets to be insane how often the two are linked.

    If the guy can play, who gives a **** what his sexual preference is?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,862
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How many times do I have to see this parallel? Where is two consenting adults of the same sex who engage in a relationship anything like a person who engages in bestiality? I swear between this, the Michael Sam thread, and Jason Collins it really gets to be insane how often the two are linked.

    If the guy can play, who gives a **** what his sexual preference is?
    Exactly. And even if he can't play, it's nobody's business what his sexual preference is.

    For those not clicking through to read the article, it's about Glenn Burke, who passed away in 1995. Good read.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

    BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,055
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxknicks View Post
    Thank you for posting. I am wondering who it is, and will have to read the article later.
    Probably Glenn Burke.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,055
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Where does this stop?

    Now everyone has to know your sexual preferences and accept it?

    Who will be the first active pro athlete that has sex with animals? He will be very brave

    It's really no ones business who you choose to have sex with
    Um yeah it is. In some cases it is a crime.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    a higher plane
    Posts
    4,665
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How many times do I have to see this parallel? Where is two consenting adults of the same sex who engage in a relationship anything like a person who engages in bestiality? I swear between this, the Michael Sam thread, and Jason Collins it really gets to be insane how often the two are linked.

    If the guy can play, who gives a **** what his sexual preference is?

    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Exactly. And even if he can't play, it's nobody's business what his sexual preference is.

    For those not clicking through to read the article, it's about Glenn Burke, who passed away in 1995. Good read.
    What about Polygamy? Or Bondage?

    Why should anyone care who, when, or how you like to have sex?

    It shouldnt matter and it certainly doesnt to me.

    "So you like to have sex with men?" Congrats. IM gonna eat this sandwich
    Last edited by PraiseJesus; 02-24-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028



    New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    What about Polygamy? Or Bondage?

    Why should anyone care who, when, or how you like to have sex?

    It shouldnt matter and it certainly doesnt to me.

    "So you like to have sex with men?" Congrats. IM gonna eat this sandwich
    Polygamy is illegal in most states but yes I agree with your overall point it shouldn't matter what his sexual preference as long as it's consensual and among adults. The reason why it's a big deal is because only now have athletes been willing to come out about their sexuality (Michael Sam, Jason Collins) in major sports and that should be commended given the male stereotypes that discourage that behavior and with a sizable portion of players who mock it privately in locker rooms.

    Whatever the case is, hopefully 20-30 years from now when more players are confident there will be no backlash to being openly gay then it won't be a news story. Imo, it shouldn't be already.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-24-2014 at 03:34 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,270
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Where does this stop?

    Now everyone has to know your sexual preferences and accept it?

    Who will be the first active pro athlete that has sex with animals? He will be very brave

    It's really no ones business who you choose to have sex with
    It isn't anyone's business, but bestiality is a different issue than consensual sex between two humans

    It's no one's damn business what others do in their personal lives.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,399
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It isn't anyone's business, but bestiality is a different issue than consensual sex between two humans

    It's no one's damn business what others do in their personal lives.
    I guess I'm not the only one put off by mentione of bestiality.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,399
    vCash
    1500
    Umm so yeah, if a player openly came out with regard to having sex with animals it would be a huge freakin deal lol.

    I wouldn't want someone like that on my team lol.... because having sex with animals is messed up.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,055
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    What about Polygamy? Or Bondage?

    Why should anyone care who, when, or how you like to have sex?

    It shouldnt matter and it certainly doesnt to me.


    "So you like to have sex with men?" Congrats. IM gonna eat this sandwich
    How about children?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •