vCash

The games return!!!!!!!!: Red Wings @ Canadiens

@

When: February 26th, 2014
    Time: 7:30 PM
    Place: Bell Centre
    Channel: TSN, FSDT

Player to watch:

Pretty much the whole roster (couldn't find a team pic) just because its a new second half and we are about to take off!!

Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 02-24-2014 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Johan Franzen is still optimistic about his chances of returning from his concussion issue on Wednesday night.
    He will see a doctor on Monday and could receive clearance to play against Montreal afterward. Franzen has sat out 22 of the past 23 games because of a concussion problem.
    Should find out soon if we have the Mule back or not.

vCash
    Mule may need to finish the season as the centre, where he's looked damn good. Hopefully Weiss is ready. I miss Tatar.

vCash
    Mule was on fire before going down, we need him back. Datsyuk looked good in Russia for the most part, we also need him near 100%. I want to believe Z will be back in two months and be his same old self, but I just can't.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Mule was on fire before going down, we need him back. Datsyuk looked good in Russia for the most part, we also need him near 100%. I want to believe Z will be back in two months and be his same old self, but I just can't.
    We could be a legit threat next season.. Push this year for the playoffs, go for the cup next season. Don't rush Z IMO.

vCash
    IMO:

Nyquist-Franzen-Abdelkader
    Sheahan-Weiss-Tatar
    Jurco-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
    Miller-Helm-Andersson
    Glendening

vCash
    Oh yeah, and we need Weiss actually doing **** now more than ever. I'm somewhat willing to excuse him for sucking because apparently he was playing injured. No excuses now.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Datsyuk looked great, and with 10 days rest on top of it, can't wait to see the rest of the season. Sucks not having Z for awhile though (if he makes it back at all).

vCash
    I don't get where your guys bad math has come from, but it isn't 10 days for Dats, its a week, Wed-Wed. I've seen this a couple times since elimination, thought I'd finally say something.

Anyway I couldn't be more excited to watch this game... I actually thought it was tuesday all day today so it was disappointing to find out I have to wait an extra day. Hard to imagine the last time we saw this team was when Jurco scored that dirty backhander in my sig.

Hopefully we can take this Z injury in stride and we can see him again soon.
    How do you say magic in Russian?

Don't forget about the Gustav

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    I don't get where your guys bad math has come from, but it isn't 10 days for Dats, its a week, Wed-Wed. I've seen this a couple times since elimination, thought I'd finally say something.

Anyway I couldn't be more excited to watch this game... I actually thought it was tuesday all day today so it was disappointing to find out I have to wait an extra day. Hard to imagine the last time we saw this team was when Jurco scored that dirty backhander in my sig.

Hopefully we can take this Z injury in stride and we can see him again soon.
    I'll be honest, I never looked it up , just going by memory, but still a week off is nice

vCash
    I said that as I thought the next game was Thursday and I factored in 7:30 AM EST to 7:30 PM EST game time.

vCash
    #RedWIngs call up D Ryan Sproul to offset Jakub Kindl being out next two games (knee).
    Franzen said doctors cleared him but they want to make sure he doesn't experience any symptoms at the skate tomorrow. Will decide after.
    Weiss said he's not ready to play next two games. Needs more practice time. Will skate with Wings instead of playing in GR for now.
    All from twitter. Might as well let Weiss take the road trip off and get him ready for a home return against the Avalanche. Also hearing rumors that the injury that was bothering Dats before the Olympic break is still hurting him. Depending on the severity the Wings really might have to consider a deadline deal to bring in another forward.

vCash
    Too many contenders at this point.. I can't think of many available players let alone centres. Weiss, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen* are all our centres. Let's not even mention Helm.

vCash
    You're probably right. Even Calgary doesn't look like they are willing to sell with the rumors of them trying to resign Cammalleri

FWIW though St. Louis has requested a trade according to rotoworld. I'd do dirty things to get him in a Red Wings sweater.

vCash
    I hate to be the debbie downer of the forum, but even when healthy we're not really legitimate contenders. I understand we all want to believe it but being realistic we're really not. Without Z and Datsyuk playing injured, trading for a player is really, really stupid if you ask me (unless it's a steal). We need to focus on next year and the future, St. Louis, as great of a player as he is, is not that. I'm not saying tank, just don't think even a piece like St. Louis would make us a legitimate threat. Our defense is still pretty bad and we have no consistency at goaltending this year.
    - Mike Babcock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast