Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Vick to the jets?

“@RapSheet: Based on conversations this week, it’s clear the #Jets are viewed as a legitimate possible landing spot for #Eagles QB Michael Vick.”

vCash
    I'd be very surprised if that actually happened.

vCash
    Not a Vick fan as a person or a player.

I'd prefer to not have to root for him.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Instant upgrade over Geno.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Instant upgrade over Geno.
    He's old and injury prone, not to mention comes with media attention. I'll take a young QB with upside instead.

vCash
    knows MM system so an abvious connection. Depends on what they do in the draft and FA but as currently constructed he is not taking them to the next level, makes much more sense to let Geno grow another year or two.

As a backup I can get behind it possibly but an skeptical

vCash
    I personally think if the Jets want anyone to "mentor" and "push" Geno, go Matt Moore.

Vick would be a mistake. Go with a guy who's good, but not a threat to start. Jets need to go get Geno some talent this offseason.

Personally I think they sign Decker and try to move up for one of Watkins or Evans.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    So let me get this straight:

Based on "conversations" with completely unnamed people, not even "sources close to the Jets," the Jets are viewed by these people as a potential landing spot for Vick. Talk about breaking news.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 02-24-2014 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    I love Vick, it's too bad it seems like he's always playing for teams I dislike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    So let me get this straight:

Based on "conversations" with completely unnamed people, not even "sources close to the Jets," the Jets are viewed by these people as a potential landing spot for Vick. Talk about breaking news.
    In other news there are 31 other potential landing spots.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    I don't understand Vick when they have a young promising QB already. Get a solid backup like McCown that could step in and spell Geno if needed, while still give him a little push. But it's the Jets, and they need to make a FA splash

vCash
    If Geno hadn't shown some improvement towards the end of the year, I think I would be more on board with Vick than I am.

The Jets will probably sign a veteran FA QB, I would just prefer it not be Vick. I'm just not a fan.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    I don't think Smith needs a guy who will push him too much? Not a guy who has enough respect built up in the league to be a clear cut starter. You want Smith to be highly motivated to keep his job from a guy who he has a chance to beat out and play better than. Not a former pro bowler...

Maybe Vick is a better fit as a one year stop gap in Houston if the club takes Clowney with their pick? Watt on one side and Clowney on the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyoutsider View Post
    I don't think Smith needs a guy who will push him too much? Not a guy who has enough respect built up in the league to be a clear cut starter. You want Smith to be highly motivated to keep his job from a guy who he has a chance to beat out and play better than. Not a former pro bowler...

Maybe Vick is a better fit as a one year stop gap in Houston if the club takes Clowney with their pick? Watt on one side and Clowney on the other.
    I understand the point but will add in this is exactly what they did with Sanchez and it was a massive mistake. They trotted in Mark Brunell, Kellen Clemens, Kevin O'Connell, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy - seriously these were the backups to Sanchez since he was drafted in 2009.

Maybe there is an in-between when considering the above and a guy like Vick but it is hard to consider for a backup. The guy HAS to be good enough to start and be seen as a real threat.

vCash
    Maybe I'm alone but I don't think Sanchez had a motivation issue and I don't think Geno has a motivation issue.

There professional athletes, they shouldn't need to be pushed by their backups. I always thought that was a cop out.

Sanchez had a talent issue, and the jury is still out on Geno. He may have a talent issue as well. A veteran QB should be brought in so he could teach the developing starter, and be able to make a spot start if there is an injury.
    Go Knicks!

All time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast