Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Could The Sixers Potentially Land 2 Top 5 Picks With This Trade Idea??

Sixers fan here...wanted to get the opinion of NBA fans around the league of whether or not this deal would work. I am fully aware at the value of this draft class and the superstar potential that exists, especially at the top of the draft. For those who don't know, we own the Pelicans 1st round pick (top 5 protected) as well as our own, which will most likely be in the 1-5 range. The concept, for me, is to try and package this:

Thad Young
    Pelicans pick (figure 8-12 range)
    2 of our 5 second round picks

in exchange for

A top 5 pick

Now, I could see a team that might have some major pieces and just caught a bad year possibly doing this. A team like the Magic with Oladipo, Vucevic, and Afflalo might entertain this. Thad Young, a proven talent, and a pick essentially less than 10 spots down in addition to some hopeful 2nd round picks might get it done.

I really just wanted to post this because I think it would be insanely awesome if the Sixers were able to land both a Wiggins and Parker combo. It makes sense for us as we try to build through the draft with potential superstars. So what are your thoughts...if it was your team would you do it?

vCash
    No. Nobody is trading a top 5 pick in this draft. Ur crazy if u think the magic would even entertain that trade idea
    Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo

vCash
    I doubt it. I think this draft has a strong top 6(Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, Randle, Smart, Exum), but drops off after that. I dont think a team would move out of the top 6 to pick up Thad and a couple of 2nds

vCash
    blek, your idea of wiggins and parker makes little sense anyways my man. Your best hope is the Pelicans getting the 6th pick, so y'all can draft Embiid/Parker/Wiggins along with Smart/Exum. Now that would be a winning draft for the Philadelphia 76ers
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Nope. Nobody is gonna trade top 5 picks in this draft.

Otherwise expect the Suns to package all their first round picks to get into the top 5.

vCash
    This is assuming all these guys come out....... Parker is crazy and has ideas of not leaving and wiggins is a kansas guy and those guys never leave their first year..... i thought i heard a few others might stay......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    This is assuming all these guys come out....... Parker is crazy and has ideas of not leaving and wiggins is a kansas guy and those guys never leave their first year..... i thought i heard a few others might stay......
    Lets hope! Will make next college bball season crazy exciting and the Bobcats can then keep our pick this year!

vCash
    no it wouldnt work and there is no need to try to move up from the Pelicans picks anyway

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Since it's a lottery and they traded for the Pelicans pick during last years draft, they already have a chance at 2 top 5 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    Since it's a lottery and they traded for the Pelicans pick during last years draft, they already have a chance at 2 top 5 picks.
    pelicans is top 5 protected

vCash
    Maybe Philadelphia could walk away with picks 1 and 5.

Adding those two to MCW and Noel is a pretty scary young team.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    I can't wait for us to get a top 3 pick and for the "Sign and trade Pau Gasol for Thad and the #2 pick" type offers to start coming in from certain posters... I'm sure we'll get some sweet Josh Smith offers too. Maybe a Kobe offer here and there. Oh, and if we're really lucky, Wade or Bosh!

vCash
    it will be funny if the college kids everyone wants do not declare. they want to stay back and win a ncaa championship lol - its a longshot but stranger things have happened.

vCash
    they might be better served to trade down if there not in the top 5. there are a few teams that have multiple picks behind them. In this draft if your not top 5, the talent levels out from 5-20. All guys that could be very good, might be a case where you the more chances you take the more chances of hitting on the right guy.

vCash
    God I hope Hinkie would say no to that. I mean I wonder sometimes if people truly know who extremely talented Thaddeus Young is. I mean a Super Athletic freak who plays both ways. Hustles like no other, is the Ultimate team player, and who proved this season that he can Indeed be a starting SF in this league. No one in ANY draft is a sure thing. I can name countless of so-called cant miss prospects who never turned into anything, or were average at best. People say top-5s are untouchable ? Well where was this years ROY winner MCW drafted ? Or Lillard last year ?

Like I said trading Thad by himself would be dumb, but to add the Pelicans pick and 2 valuable 2nd rounders to move up maybe only 3 to 4 spots is just ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast