Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which of our in house SP options can outperform the FAs pitchers we didn't sign?

Happ, Redmond, Rogers, Stroman, Hutch, Nolin, Romero etc. What is a best case scenario and which of these guys can realistically outperform guys like Jiminez, Santana, Arroyo or whoever else AA didn't sign? If these guys are better options than the FA SP that were out there, and AA feels good about that, then he has to think some of these guys can either outperform or do the same thing expected from them. Discuss.

vCash
    Unless Romero is firing rockets that are actually in the strike zone, I would say none at this point.. But I'm interested to see what Stroman can do in ST.

vCash
    Stroman and hutch have the best chance obviously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyDOME4Eva View Post
    This.

vCash
    Everyone is thinking negative but Romero was pretty damn good a few years ago and could easily figure things out again one day...but he can also be horrible forever...who knows...but we do have a few players with a lot of talent...they just have to stay healthy and be consistent

vCash
    Happ was our best pitcher until he got hit on the head, I'd like to see McGowan start and Hutch could.

vCash
    Happ will be the 4, I'm hoping Drabek will be the 5

vCash
    Everyone is thinking negative but Romero was pretty damn good a few years ago and could easily figure things out again one day...but he can also be horrible forever...who knows...but we do have a few players with a lot of talent...they just have to stay healthy and be consistent
    If he could "easily" figure it out, he wouldn't have sucked balls for the past 2 years.

vCash
    Happ, Hutch, Romero, and Stroman possibly could out-perform some of the big name guys the Jays missed out on imo. Happ is decent while Hutch and Stroman when healthy have potential to be really good. Romero on the other hand, is a toss up. Remember... he was an All-Star a couple of seasons ago. He could very well get back on track this year. Or... he can be just as poopy as he was the past 2 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Happ was our best pitcher until he got hit on the head, I'd like to see McGowan start and Hutch could.
    I'm pretty sick of hearing that Happ was their best pitcher before the injury. He had a 4.91 ERA and a five and a half xFIP, which means it's either untrue or totally sad and meaningless based on the rest of the rotation's futility.

vCash

This x2

vCash
    Stroman or Hutch might be, but I wouldn't expect them to be better this year. Or the next.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    If he could "easily" figure it out, he wouldn't have sucked balls for the past 2 years.
    I meant that he easily went from a GREAT pitcher to CRAPPY as heck, so why couldnt the opposit be true as well? He was amazing for 3 years and the start of the 4th season. Thats not a fluke...so I definitely don't think hes done for good...hes been great longer than hes been crappy...

vCash
    obviously nobody can count on him, but he could surpise some people and I really he hope he does

vCash
    Stroman and/or Hutch project to be good #3 pitchers in 2015 .

None of our in house options other than MB, Dickey and Morrow are better than Ubaldo, Garza or Santana.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast