Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Post Vic Tafur: Dolphins May Cut Wheeler, Raiders interested If Cut

Per the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders would be "very interested" in WLB Philip Wheeler if he were released by the Dolphins.
    Raiders beat writer Vic Tafur has heard "a couple times" at the Combine that Wheeler may be cut by Miami. He had a strong 2012 campaign in Oakland. Releasing Wheeler would cause a $4.2 million cap penalty for the Dolphins, so we're not sold it'll happen despite a nightmarish debut season with the team.

- Say no to wheeler he sucks again.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Doubt they cut him. They already have major issues on o line you think they want to create another need?
    "The Authentic" FGFYC

vCash
    I'd be open to bring him in for the RIGHT PRICE to add to our LB depth, however, now RM's looking like he made the right decision by releasing Wheeler and not over paying for his services. almost any LB would look good after replacing Slowlondo Mclame.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    He played well in Oakland.

Reggie has already shown that he wasn't willing to pay top dollar to Wheeler, so I doubt he'd pay more than 'reasonable' price to bring him back.

Say what you want, Reggie has been a very disciplined spender thus far; the only 'big' signing he's made is Mike Brisel... which, actually, makes me want Reggie to spend less money, lol...

vCash
    I dunno if he'd start, but you can't have enough depth. Bargain price....absolutely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderIke37 View Post
    I dunno if he'd start, but you can't have enough depth. Bargain price....absolutely.
    Mmmm hmmm. precisely my friend!
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Can't have enough depth. He is a good player and will come back at a discount. I would welcome him back.
    Shred, the Brisel was rather bizarre.

vCash
    I would say no to Wheeler just because of the way he up and left. I'm still disgusted about it.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nets/Raiders! View Post
    I would say no to Wheeler just because of the way he up and left. I'm still disgusted about it.
    He was a hired gun, thats the way of the job. I would love to get him back.

vCash
    No need for Wheeler when Khalil Mack's making plays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    with Burnett under contract and playing the SAM, Moore is relegated to wil, until the spot is open...wth would Wheeler do?depth @ linebacker is a vet minimum role...under no circumstances do I see Wheeler taking a vet min deal.barr is a wil too..if we draft HIM, then OLB is set for the next 5-10 years..we still need a mike though...Nick roach is mediocre at best.

vCash
    I am not so sure Roach is mediocre Steph, sure he isn't great but I think he played well. I agree with you though on where would Wheeler play? Also our linebackers were pretty good, he would be a great depth signing...maybe see if he could work his way back into the starting line-up. I don't know. If we were to draft Barr, which I am not sure would be our best selection, he would not be needed.

vCash
    My expectations are a lot higher than a "Wheeler type signing"

Reggie better up his game for 2014, or their going to have 15,000 fans coming to see the Raiders on Sundays.

Unfortunately, it looks like the top tier free agents are all going to be staying with their teams,(from what I have been reading).

We have got to HIT in this draft.

vCash
    I agree, Rubi, we HAVE to hit in this draft, however, we HAVE to hit in what is left of FA too. That darned extra even million hurt us more than helped us this year.

vCash
    For the right price? Yes please...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast