Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Boomer Says Captain Cally Trade is Coming (Trade finalized. Please use new thread)

Boomer says the Rangers are on the verge of a trade

Boomer Esiason & #8207;@7BOOMERESIASON 6h
    Its coming and it will be huge. Surprising, shocking, inevitable, and all about business. $$$ #NHL #tradedeadline

8:04AM: Esiason answered more questions this morning.

9:47AM: Boomer continued to answer questions

10:09PM:

His feeling is that Ryan Callahan will be traded
    His feeling is that only one of Callahan and Girardi will be traded
    “if it goes through it will be nuts around here.”
    He thinks that Pitt will acquire Chris Stewart
    The team is in the East
    It’s 90% and works for both teams
    Could be a 1 for 1 trade with potentially a conditional draft pick
    It’s a forward
    His sense is that fans would not be happy initially
    Callahan will be going as a rental player
    The trade doesn’t involve Stepan, Nash, Staal or Lundqvist
    The deal makes the Rangers look like both sellers and buyers
    It is not Callahan for Stewart
    It is not for Matt Moulson
    He has “major” respect for the player coming back
    It is not Colorado
    It is not for Brandon Dubinsky
    8:04AM:

It is not Clarkson or Chris Neil
    It is not Brad Marchand
    It is not Wayne Simmonds
    It is not Vanek or Gaborik
    He thinks the deal would be made sooner rather than later
    9:47AM:

It is not Moulson or Evander Kane
    It is not Artem Anisimov and a first round pick
    It is not PK Subban
    Is it not Iginla
    Callahan is not going to Toronto or Boston
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 02-23-2014 at 10:09 AM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    If it's a player like St Louis i will lose my mind

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Callahan God love him has to be traded, he isn't a 7 million dollar player. My opinion is that he gets traded and Girardi stays....atleast that's what I'd do.

vCash

Boomer Says Captain Cally Trade is Coming...

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/20...-could-be-big/

Obviously Boomer is not an NHL analyst but oh man...supposedly Martin St. Louis involved?

vCash
    sorry for not using the rumblings thread but a rumor involving the captain deserves a separate thread IMO...up to you guys. Sly can merge if he wishes...

vCash
    I would normally dismiss this as an unfounded rumor yet Boomer called the Del Zotto for Klein trade a few weeks before it occurred; so perhaps there is something to this, who knows.

I don't think he implied Callahan or Marty St. Louis though. We'll find out son enough.

vCash
    Yea i mentioned MSL because thats the name I have seen all over twitter and reddit rangers.

vCash
    I don't know..are we overestimating our team again? Are we one Marty St.louis away from a cup? Maybe the panic is on with Zuccarello being hurt, to me I am more of the opinion we are more of a team one injury away from being insignificant rather than one player from the finals.
    Having said that I believe Callahan is on his way out, there were rumors earlier of getting Pacioretty out of montreal, I would much rather that but I dont think just Callahan gets that done.

vCash
    oh man Patches would be a dream. I would not be too upset with seeing our captain leaving if we got Max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I don't know..are we overestimating our team again? Are we one Marty St.louis away from a cup? Maybe the panic is on with Zuccarello being hurt, to me I am more of the opinion we are more of a team one injury away from being insignificant rather than one player from the finals.
    Having said that I believe Callahan is on his way out, there were rumors earlier of getting Pacioretty out of montreal, I would much rather that but I dont think just Callahan gets that done.
    When I read the speculation of Marty St. Louis being a Ranger, my next thought was this implied Richards would also remain a Ranger, as the two are very close friends and Sather would place all his chips on their combined leadership. My final thought about this speculation was how fitting it would be for Sather to go back to his seemingly old habits of retaining (Richards) and bringing in (St. Louis) aging veterans as a recipe for winning, just prior to his retirement. He would come full circle and leave, most likely, accomplishing not all that much.

I don't think this will happen but I can't say it is beyond something Sather would do.

And, also, I give an emphatic NO to the question of whether we are one Marty St. Louis away from the cup. But, I am just a fan; what matters is what Sather and AV believe. I suppose we'll find out over the next few weeks

vCash
    He never mentioned St Louis, but if you guys remember, 3 weeks before the Klein deal happened, I brought it up on here and was right. Boomer knows something, we just don't know what. My gut feeling is, Girardi extension first, followed by either a Cally extension or trade most likely. We'll see.

3 teams I'd say to look out for in a trade is, Columbus, Buffalo or Carolina.

vCash
    Thursday needs to get here soon!!

And I think we may end up with Steve Ott.

vCash
    So based on his comment of saying he plays in the East and played in the Sochi games. Here is a list of potential names

Henrik Zetterberg*, Pavel Datsyuk*, Daniel Alfredsson, Tomas Tatar, Tomas Jurco, Gustav Nyquist, Aleksander Barkov*, Tomas Kopecky*, Alexander Semin, Tuomo Ruutu, Max Pacioretty, Tomas Plekanec*, Zemgus Girgensons*, Martin St. Louis, Ondrej Palat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    So based on his comment of saying he plays in the East and played in the Sochi games. Here is a list of potential names

Henrik Zetterberg*, Pavel Datsyuk*, Daniel Alfredsson, Tomas Tatar, Tomas Jurco, Gustav Nyquist, Aleksander Barkov*, Tomas Kopecky*, Alexander Semin, Tuomo Ruutu, Max Pacioretty, Tomas Plekanec*, Zemgus Girgensons*, Martin St. Louis, Ondrej Palat.
    Well I think we can easily eliminate half of those names.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    If Datsyuk or Marty came back in a Cally trade that would be amazing. I do not know if that would mean a cup but it sure would make me more excited about the prospects. They are both fun to watch.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast