Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is John Tortorella the Bobby Valentine of the NHL?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Not Sure

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is John Tortorella the Bobby Valentine of the NHL?

A friend brought this up to me tonight as he's a die hard Canucks fan and the comments about wanting Sweden to win had him fuming. At first I just thought he was blowing smoke but the more I thought about it they did seem more and more similar. Coasting off 1 year of success, huge ego's and seem to be the cancer that rips apart a dressing room. Just wondering what the consensus is among the folks here on PSD?

vCash
    He is a bad coach.

vCash
    I'd say Lou Pinella.

vCash
    I think he's a beauty but you can't coach old school anymore. You can't hurt somebody's feelings this day and age. But the guys a beaut. You can't call guys out anymore either even if you've tried everything to get them going. It's all on the coach.. not the players unfortunately. Just because he only won 1 Cup doesn't mean he's only had one successful season. Smarten up.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 02-23-2014 at 08:06 AM.

vCash
    Torts is a great guy off the ice while Valentine is an ******* both on and off the field.

Nobody knows more about baseball than Valentine and nobody has a bigger ego

while Torts is just a tough, demanding coach with some anger issues.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash

Is John Tortorella the Bobby Valentine of the NHL?

I don't have a problem with Tortorella. He's a pretty smart guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He cares a lot about what he does and he loses it sometimes. Seems to be a good enough coach.

vCash
    I think he is more like a Billy Martin type. Torts has some real positives and real negatives. Neither should be ignored but when I read some of the same types of statements in VAN that I used to hear in NY I'm happy I'm glad he moved on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I don't have a problem with Tortorella. He's a pretty smart guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He cares a lot about what he does and he loses it sometimes. Seems to be a good enough coach.
    Isn't it the same way withPatrick Roy? I recall you said competely different things about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Isn't it the same way withPatrick Roy? I recall you said competely different things about him.
    Two guys with tempers that otherwise have little in common. Torts is a very smart man, I haven't said that about Roy.

vCash
    Two guys with tempers that otherwise have little in common. Torts is a very smart man, I haven't said that about Roy.
    But you said Torts is just passionate. Roy isn't the same? Roy doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve?

Vancouver is currently 10th place in the Western Conference
    Colorado is currently 5th place in the Western Conference

Last season Vancouver finished 3rd in the Western Conference
    Last season Colorado finished 15th in the Western Conference

Would you like to see explain to me how Torts is a very smart man yet Patrick Roy is not?

I could continue if you'd like. Seems to me at least, IMO, that there's a biased opinion here.

vCash
    The guy is a ******* and an overrated coach

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think Vancouver has a great team on paper, add in the injuries, but to call Torts a smart coach and not Roy, that's some ********.

vCash
    But you said Torts is just passionate. Roy isn't the same? Roy doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve?

Vancouver is currently 10th place in the Western Conference
    Colorado is currently 5th place in the Western Conference

Last season Vancouver finished 3rd in the Western Conference
    Last season Colorado finished 15th in the Western Conference

Would you like to see explain to me how Torts is a very smart man yet Patrick Roy is not?

I could continue if you'd like. Seems to me at least, IMO, that there's a biased opinion here.
    The Canucks roster sucks. It wasn't AVs fault and it isn't Torts fault. They don't score and they don't defend. Waiting to become a lottery team or for a new GM whichever comes first.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think Vancouver has a great team on paper, add in the injuries, but to call Torts a smart coach and not Roy, that's some ********.
    I didn't say he was a smart coach. I say what I mean. He's a smart man. The OP seemed to be attacking him on a personal level and I don't see anything wrong with torts the man. I said he seems to be a decent coach. The problem in Vancouver is not coaching.

vCash
    This isn't about Vancouver, I think if you include his time in New York then I think you can find the similarities, especially the way they dealt with the media. I do think Torts needed to stay in Tampa.. The big markets just eat him alive. That being said I don't think he's that smart of a guy either.. Don't exactly see any proof of that when the teams he coaches are already built to win, and they do fine in the regular season (usually)like they are supposed too but then flop in the 1st round. I think people look at the wins too much and just assume he's a good coach lol (Ron Wilson even has 500)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast