Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Knicks will contend sooner than people realize.

This is not the days where we won 23 games and had 3-4-5 year terrible contracts on the books.

Our worst case scenario: Melo walks and we tank horribly next season. Even if that happens we will get a great pick in 2015 and have an insane amount of cap space to retool with melo-stat-chandler off the books.

Am I really that scared of that playing out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    This is not the days where we won 23 games and had 3-4-5 year terrible contracts on the books.

Our worst case scenario: Melo walks and we tank horribly next season. Even if that happens we will get a great pick in 2015 and have an insane amount of cap space to retool with melo-stat-chandler off the books.

Did you miss 2010? That's a great optimistic outlook, but you're forgetting one thing. The powerful impact of James Dolan to run a franchise into the ground.

vCash
    Depending on where a team picks this years draft we are going to be serious sellers

vCash
    Chandler needs to be gone before draft night, if Melo walks, we need to build properly but this organization is incompetent so....
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 02-22-2014 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    I love Melo and want to build around him, but him leaving isn't the worst thing in the world.

I'm tired as a Knick fan of watching him give max effort and they lose while he puts up crazy stats. I feel bad for him and sadly the only way to get better may be for him to leave and we get a great pick next year and build from ground up.

At least if you trade Chandler you can get a first rounder.

The other alternative is Love and Rondo or Irving coming here. What's the chances of that?

But seriously - Mike Woodson and Ray Felton are one of the worst coach-PG duos I've seen in recent memory.

We've actually been competitive in almost every game this season but were like 3-17 in the last two minutes of close games. Woodson is a horrible play caller and game manager.

vCash

and do not forget a brand new coach next year and your right but what has knicks done to show they are capable of putting a team together for it to seriously contend
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    but why would anyone sign here?
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    Go pay Phil or Sloane, money talks and with the right amount one of them will come and take the job. Also, if melo stays then those two will be needed if melo leaves then we could look at assistants around the league.
    Last edited by NYKINFL; 02-22-2014 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Give me reggie Jackson in 2015 for 8-9 mil. No way okc matching that. Run with whatever young guys we have. Then make a run for 2016 and get Kevin Durant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    Give me reggie Jackson in 2015 for 8-9 mil. No way okc matching that. Run with whatever young guys we have. Then make a run for 2016 and get Kevin Durant
    Durant isn't coming here and he couldn't handle the pressure that playing in NY would bring. People can say what they want about melo but to me he's one of the few players whom I feel can handle what come with playing in NY.

vCash
    no we won't, it will be 3 years at least before we are winning a playoff series and that's if we do everything perfectly. that's why i've advocated trading melo, it's the only way out of this mess. trade him to PHO for Bledsoe, Markieff and 2 1st rounders in this draft, then tank next season and pray for Jahlil. Then fill in the blanks with our ridiculous cap space and draft picks. We would then have to pray we could land max wing player.

lets be honest people, superstars are available when you're the New York Knicks. Had we not blown our load on Amare we could have made a serious run at CP3 or Dwight. Now look to the future and there are more superstars who will want to expand their market. The key is that you have to sign them as complimentary pieces to what you already have and you need a nice young core around them so they can grow together. We have a unique advantage in that we can sign a max FA and draft a top pick in the same offseason next year. We have to take advantage of that.

vCash
    Ummmmmmmm..... I'm tired of " 10 yrs sucking then one year good then 2 or three years sucking again....
    and one of you made a comment
    "who would want to come here"?
    I was saying the same thing then I thought about it......
    If I'm a top 5 free agent I'm thinking
    " well , they had a horrible pg and their sg was a head case , and there 2nd "supposed" super star gave his basketball skills to the space jam "MONSTARS " ...
    and the coach is as good as gone at the end of the season , I think i would come to NY if all the above is changed".

What I'm saying is ....you don't think some of these top 5 free agents or at least one of them is thinking? "
    I can save that team" .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    Ny is still ny. Money is still money.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Ummmmmmmm..... I'm tired of " 10 yrs sucking then one year good then 2 or three years sucking again....
    and one of you made a comment
    "who would want to come here"?
    I was saying the same thing then I thought about it......
    If I'm a top 5 free agent I'm thinking
    " well , they had a horrible pg and their sg was a head case , and there 2nd "supposed" super star gave his basketball skills to the space jam "MONSTARS " ...
    and the coach is as good as gone at the end of the season , I think i would come to NY if all the above is changed".

What I'm saying is ....you don't think some of these top 5 free agents or at least one of them is thinking? "
    I can save that team" .....
    Thought you was out?
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash

Yeah, and breakdancing zebras just jumped out of my butt.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast