Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Fan of the game here: Are Sixers fans happy with the deadline moves?

I don't follow the 76ers much to be honest, but I like Philly since I was a kid and Barkley was my favorite player.

I know the team has struggled with its current line-up, but it seems to me that with Young, Tunder and Hawes, coupled with an emerging MCW and the addition of the most talented player in this year's draft, Noel Nerlens, to look forward to next year, AND a first round draft pick which very well may be top 3 and likely top 5 at the very least, the 76ers had a lot to look forward to by just staying pat and holding onto these players.

If the 76ers were able to add a quality shooting guard through the draft, this team would have been contending next season. I realize that some of the guys have numbers that are slightly inflated, but if Nerlens is as good as billed, and the Sixers did well with their top-five pick, this roster, as is, could have improved immensely. Not to mention picking up a player with the MLE and yougn guards like Wroten and Anderson in the rotation (though I'm not too high on either of them).

It seems that the Sixers gave up Tuner and Hawes for second round picks, which pretty much equates to nothing but cap space, which they would have had anyways since Hawes and Turner were both on expiring contracts.

Are Sixers fans sold on these dealine deals? Do you guys see this as missed potential?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Turner and Hawes were expiring contracts. And it was quite evident they wouldn't be back. If it weren't obvious by moving Jrue for Noel and a lottery pick, we're rebuilding. And to rebuild properly you have to tare it all they way down.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Turner sucks... I know as an outsider that may not make sense, but if u watch him day-to-day, he's pretty bad and there was no way hinkie was gonna offer him the 8.6mil QO to keep his rights. And hawes was def not going to get resigned here.

So essentially we got a bunch of 2nd round picks and gave up absolutely nothing.

gotta pay the troll toll

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Turner sucks... I know as an outsider that may not make sense, but if u watch him day-to-day, he's pretty bad and there was no way hinkie was gonna offer him the 8.6mil QO to keep his rights. And hawes was def not going to get resigned here.

So essentially we got a bunch of 2nd round picks and gave up absolutely nothing.
    Turner would be great if he could get the FG% up....

Hawes I like... he's a good player. But the 76ers might have had to overpay to keep him.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Turner would be great if he could get the FG% up....

Hawes I like... he's a good player. But the 76ers might have had to overpay to keep him.
    Just trust us, please... Turner really is not good. And I like Hawes too, but he's not much more than a good complimentary backup center.

We're all very happy the new FO decided to go with a complete rebuild. It was totally necessary. The only thing we were going to achieve by keeping those guys around was continued mediocrity and a high pay roll. A core with those players was never going to contend.

vCash
    Turner doesnt defend unless he wants to, ans he wasn't worth the QO, so he was gone.

And hawes is the worst defensive center in basketball. ... Someone is going to be very upset if they overpay him this summer.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Jeez... I feel like all the outside world loves turner lol
    I guess its cause sixers games are not televised people cant really see that he sucks

But im very happy with the direction my team is going , Very !
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    I am happy. Got 5,000 picks and picked up more ****** players to increase our odds of getting the mega #1 pick.

vCash
    I don't follow the 76ers much to be honest, but I like Philly since I was a kid and Barkley was my favorite player.

I know the team has struggled with its current line-up, but it seems to me that with Young, Tunder and Hawes, coupled with an emerging MCW and the addition of the most talented player in this year's draft, Noel Nerlens, to look forward to next year, AND a first round draft pick which very well may be top 3 and likely top 5 at the very least, the 76ers had a lot to look forward to by just staying pat and holding onto these players.

If the 76ers were able to add a quality shooting guard through the draft, this team would have been contending next season. I realize that some of the guys have numbers that are slightly inflated, but if Nerlens is as good as billed, and the Sixers did well with their top-five pick, this roster, as is, could have improved immensely. Not to mention picking up a player with the MLE and yougn guards like Wroten and Anderson in the rotation (though I'm not too high on either of them).

It seems that the Sixers gave up Tuner and Hawes for second round picks, which pretty much equates to nothing but cap space, which they would have had anyways since Hawes and Turner were both on expiring contracts.

Are Sixers fans sold on these dealine deals? Do you guys see this as missed potential?
    You can't be ****en serious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post
    I guess its cause sixers games are not televised people cant really see that he sucks

What do you expect they hardly see him play so by that alone they are going to think much more highly of him than we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post

Exactly this

vCash

This has too be ironic right? i mean yeah i think we coulda got more for hawes and turner but... really? this team Contending? next season? because of 2 rookies?

2012 allstar

vCash
    As I watched the news of the trade deadline unfold, I wondered if Hinkie was stockpiling 2nd round draft picks to possibly try to move up in this year's draft? Would he be thinking to package one or two of the second rounders + the pelicans pick to move up a little in the first round? I know parts of those second rounders will be used to pay Miami (well, Boston) for the Moutrie deal....In order to rebuild this team he's going to have to take shots in the dark in the second round until he's ready to use that cap space to bring in a bona fide free agent to put this team over the top....I think next season will be a mess just like this season, but it'll give all those young guys a chance to play together and over that hump of playing 82 games (I think these young guys have hit a wall, as far as amount of games played in a season)...

vCash
    Thrilled. Could've hoped for more for Turner, and would've loved to have been able to package him and Hawes to somehow get a first, but didn't really have much hope of that so can't be too disappointed. All together, very happy with deadline day moves.

Also "second round picks, which pretty much equates to nothing but cap space" is just way way off the mark. It's pretty clear there can be great value in second round picks and that Hinkie is someone who loves them - which makes sense given his last team had Asik, Lin, Parsons, Beverley, Scola (and probably others I'm forgetting) in recent years. You rarely get the chance to trade assets for immediately better assets - trades are usually somewhat of a wash. The way you increase your valuable assets is by getting things that can grow in value in a big way - ie cheap prospects, cap space (which you can sign a guy with), and draft picks. Factoring in the low cost of them, second round picks have huge potential for growth in value. Stockpiling them on the cheap is a great way to give yourself a chance for a huge bonus later if even just one of them pans out. Second round draft picks aren't that valuable individually, but if you get lucky they can get you something extremely valuable - Hinkie is just maximizing his chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Turner sucks... I know as an outsider that may not make sense, but if u watch him day-to-day, he's pretty bad .
    Years of hearing it from me finally sunk in, eh?

Sorta makes you wonder why all the arguing. Moving forward...trust in the RP. He's never wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast