Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Rockets-Warriors the best rivalry among fanbases in the NBA?

I certainly think so. And not just on PSD, but on many other boards, the Warriors and Rockets fans always get into it regardless of its a game their actually playing against each other or just something else.

Its weird because I think it only started becoming this heated this past summer when GSW signed Igoudala and HOU signed Dwight.

But regardless, I don't think any other two fanbases dislike each other as much as Warriors and Rockets fans do. I love it because now at least there is some rough smack talk in the NBA.

I have been to a couple of Warriors games and even the GSW fans I met seem to hate the Rockets a lot. I think don't think the Warriors fans are ever as passionate in rooting for their team to win when they play the Rockets and vice versa with the Rockets fans.

It reminds me of the NFL's Seahawks-Niners fanbase rivalry to be honest. But I think those two teams actually hate each other more than the Warriors and Rockets do.

I don't think Warriors-Rockets is the best rivalry among the teams in the NBA cause I think the Pacers and Heat still hate each other way more than the Rockets and Warriors hate each other but speaking directly about the fanbases, I don't think there is a bigger rivalry than the Rockets-Warriors fans.

*This is for this season only so please don't bring up Celtics-Lakers, etc.

vCash
    There is certainly potential there.

vCash
    I think things started to heat-up between the fanbase's and the 2 team when the Rockets almost broke the record in 3 pointers made in a game, and Marc Jackson resorted to fouling so we don't break the record on them, then Chandler Parsons got on twitter and called Jackson out about it.. every since then it's been a steady climb of hatred between the two..

vCash
    Warriors envy us that's all

vCash
    Maybe between fanbases but certainly not against teams

They have to beat us more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    Warriors envy us that's all
    Envy of what? Lol

vCash
    In all seriousness. It's because we are two fanbases that have young up and coming teams. We're very comparable and we make for exciting games every time they play imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    In all seriousness. It's because we are two fanbases that have young up and coming teams. We're very comparable and we make for exciting games every time they play imo.
    Agreed... we had similar rises at the same time. As well as both having big summer moves which both side hope take their team to the next level.

Also wanted it noted warriors have something very similar with the clippers.

vCash
    Not for us. LAC is a much bigger rivalry..we envy them what does that even mean kid

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I don't really dislike any fanbases, but as far as the team goes, the Rockets are #2 rival to the Clippers.

vCash
    Us Clippers and Rockets all started recently coming up and have high hopes, high potential, but no recent success. We're all in the same boat, we're all roughly in the same tier ranking, we're all thirsty for the same thing, and we all respect yet hate each others guts.

I love it!!
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    The Warriors aren't friendly with the Clippers even more so,

but at least Clippers fans as a whole write coherently and without unnecessary comments on message boards, unlike many Rockets fans (excluding mightybossttone and a few others)

she says go for the championship

vCash
    I don't know if we're the best rivalry right now, but things are certainly heated on PSD. I think part of it is like others have said, that we're too very passionate fan bases of franchises that haven't had much success recently but now have extremely talented young teams.

But I think a lot of the animosity has come from stuff on the court. The whole Dwight signing thing certainly exacerbated things a bit, but I think a lot of this started about this time last year. Both fan bases will recall a 140-109 Rockets victory in which the Rockets the NBA record with 23 3-pointers. At the end of the game, Jackson had his players intentionally foul Marcus Morris to prevent him from putting up what might have been a record breaking shot.

That's when I really started to notice extra animosity on PSD. That grew at the end of the regular season as both teams fought for playoff seeds, then Houston got Dwight and there was so much debate over the offseason about which team was better. And things seem to be at a peak right now.

However, I don't dislike the fan base. In fact, I respect more of their fans than most fan bases on PSD (with the exception of a few posters). I still don't consider them as big of a rivalry as the Jazz or Lakers all-time, and I'd probably call OKC a bigger rival currently with the Warriors in second. The funny thing is I've always really rooted for the Warriors. I loved those Baron Davis teams, and I really enjoyed watching them play last season before some of these PSD discussions soured me a bit on the team.

Bottom line, I respect the fan base, and I wish good things for them, because they haven't had a record of much success historically. (But I would really like it if they stayed the **** out of the Rockets forums. )

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    the Clippers Warriors rivalry Is bigger than the Houston one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasTrilla23:28021179
    the Clippers Warriors rivalry Is bigger than the Houston one.
    definitely this. Clippers warriors games are way more entertaining.

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast