Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NFL may implement 15 yard penalty for racial slurs

RT @SportsCenter NFL may implement 15 yard penalty for N word use http://es.pn/1ml51NX

vCash
    Stupid. Might as well flag use of any inappropriate language.

We need more flags for this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8aAC4jrPM
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Oh man.

vCash
    lol, dumbest idea ever
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I expect removing the n-word from locker rooms and the game field is a laudable goal. But, this particular method will not pass.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    This would be funny. Flag every play
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Is it a flag if a black player says it to a black player? Because we would never get a game done.

What about when a ref says it to a player?

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Is it a flag if a black player says it to a black player? Because we would never get a game done.

What about when a ref says it to a player?
    Exactly.....blacks argue to no end that the n word if perfectly acceptable between black people......very strange logic but I was wondering the exact same thing.....black on black n word use count or not count? ....so confusing using their logic.

vCash
    I'm sure the rule is everyone. Can't be mad at it, I mean it's a business/job setting. Not like I can go around saying it at work. But we know what it's all about. White people and their "well you guys say it" nonsense. Always wanna do what other cultures do. Whites in the south call each other "redneck" i don't use the word bc I know me saying it is offensive . My mex homies in Cali call one another "beaners" I don't use it. Women see there female friends "on ***** how u been" I don't say it bc they'd take offense from a man say it. But another white rule made because their in a **** storm when they say it. Etc etc.
    Plus with Michael Sam coming in I'm sure they're just preparing themselves
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 02-22-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    How would a ref be sure it was a friendly ......ga......vs.......er?

vCash
    The PC movement has all but destroyed America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black:28019366
    Yeah ok. What's gotten worse about America since pc stuff started?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    Disagree. Most of it is good.

My issue is where do we draw the line?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    Yeah ok. What's gotten worse about America since pc stuff started?
    Would love to say but I may just offend someone

vCash
    John Wooten, head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, told CBS Sports that he expects the league to make it an automatic 15-yard penalty if a player uses the N-word on the field, and an automatic ejection for a player who does it twice.
    Note this seems to be an outside the NFL driven thing.

Wooten’s comments were strictly about the N-word, but if the NFL is going to implement this rule, other racial slurs would presumably be included as well, along with slurs that are homophobic, sexist or religious in nature.

However, the NFL may find such a rule tougher for its officials to implement than it sounds. Would the NFL provide every player, coach and official with a list of words that can’t be used? And who would determine which words make the list? Some slurs may be considered offensive in some contexts but not in others. Members of a racial or ethnic groups sometimes use slurs among themselves, with no offense intended or taken. If one black player uses the N-word toward another black player, and a white official hears it and throws a penalty flag, that may open a can of worms the NFL would rather avoid.
    Pretty much what I think. What's the line? What can of worms does this open?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast