Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,501 to 1,513 of 1513
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    I still believe Kershaw is the best pitcher in the game. Dodger or not.
    Same. Tough to argue otherwise unless we're in a playoff scenario and need that one win.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Chris Sabo had better goggles than Eric Gagne. I guess we can all agree on that.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    I would.

Let me make this clear:

I actually was a big fan of his when he first came into the MLB. I have family in PIT and they loved him too.. the first year or two. He did a lot of community stuff. Then he changed.

When he first became a Giant I still loved him. But the longer he played for us and the more I saw him, and read about him, saw on the telly about him, my opinion changed.

He was an ***.

Then when I found out about the steroids, well I was done with him.

In my book he is a no go for the hall.

That said, I also think that they vote in too many folks who were just meh as players.
    So you don't think he should be a Hall of Famer because he was an ******* to people and didn't do much in terms of community engagement? Steroids or not. He is the greatest hitter to ever play the game. Regardless of uniform.

Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch his at bats. He’s the best.

Does anybody know if the story is true about the Indians being named after the 1st native American to play baseball? And he actually played for the indians!

Wikipedia says "sort of":
    [In 1915] Somers asked the local baseball writers to come up with a new name, and based on their input, the team was renamed the Cleveland Indians. The name referenced the nickname "Indians" that was applied to the Cleveland Spiders baseball club during the time when Louis Sockalexis, a Native American, played in Cleveland (1897–99)

It could be that I loved the Movie
    “Major league” growing up. I still think the Chief Wahoo logo is one of the coolest hats. Sucks that’s it’s going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    So you don't think he should be a Hall of Famer because he was an ******* to people and didn't do much in terms of community engagement? Steroids or not. He is the greatest hitter to ever play the game. Regardless of uniform.
    No. I think the steroids exclude him.

The H.O.F. is chock full of *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    It could be that I loved the Movie
    “Major league” growing up. I still think the Chief Wahoo logo is one of the coolest hats. Sucks that’s it’s going.

yep.

better get yourself a couple of hats now.

ALSO:

I hope you'll forgive me if I seem a little edgy at work today. I psyched myself out this morning by accident. I woke up at 3:30 and either Lynn or the dog's stomach made a noise like the aliens from the movie Signs and I couldn't get that out of my head. Then I took the dog out around 4:00 and something scared her too! Probably one of those aliens from the movie Signs. Then when I got in the shower a few minutes later something knocked the soap off the rack, probably one of those aliens from the movie Signs... So, Like I said, I hope you'll forgive me if I seem a little edgy today at work...

Whatever happened to our old friend Leandres? Long time poster (and mod of some sort if I'm not mistaken), haven't seen him post in some time now. Hope all's well and he's only given up on the forum and not the Giants...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Whatever happened to our old friend Leandres? Long time poster (and mod of some sort if I'm not mistaken), haven't seen him post in some time now. Hope all's well and he's only given up on the forum and not the Giants...
    He's doing good. Just busy with life is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    He's doing good. Just busy with life is all.
    Ugh life, I hate when that happens...

Okay thx for that, glad he's well.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Puig vs. Bumgarner from 30 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwbkY1VlqI&t

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101