Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

The Browns’ unpredictable head-coaching search nearly finished with what would have been the most unpredictable outcome of any head-coaching search since Jon Gruden was traded from the Raiders to the Buccaneers a dozen years ago.

Per multiple league sources, the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade with the 49ers for the rights to coach Jim Harbaugh.

A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the 49ers.

The 49ers could not immediately be reached for comment. Efforts to contact the 49ers continue.

The Browns declined to comment specifically on whether an effort was made to acquire Jim Harbaugh. The Browns characterized the search as thorough, and the Browns acknowledged that many options were considered. The Browns emphasized that the team is excited about its new coach Mike Pettine.

A deal would have been stunning, for several reasons. Harbaugh has taken the 49ers to the NFC title game in each of his three years with the team. Also, he would have joined the same division as his brother, Ravens coach John Harbaugh.

Which means they would have been squaring off at least twice per year, and competing directly for division titles and/or wild-card positioning.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jim-harbaugh/

I hope its ******** because Harbaugh is due an extension

vCash
    Why would Harbaugh be interested in coaching in Ohio when He's clearly a Michigan man
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I know right?!? Man, if this rift between Harbs and Balke is true and we have to chose between Harbaugh and Baalke, I say GTFO Baalke. Harbaugh is a great coach. I hope Jed gets in the middle of this and squashes it.

vCash

Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

Makes no sense

vCash
    This by itself is not proof of anything, but we are starting to hear more and more rumors that all bode ominous fortunes on our future:
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Already been shut down by baalke.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Already been shut down by baalke.
    as in this rumor is bull****?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    as in this rumor is bull****?
    Well Jed York was asked why it hasnt been denied on the record yet so he went on Twitter and poster "Is this the record? Not true."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well Jed York was asked why it hasnt been denied on the record yet so he went on Twitter and poster "Is this the record? Not true."
    Not sure if it's true or not. I hate that I have NO TRUST in any of our coaches or above. They say one thing and do another.

Either way, just hope it's not true. Think it's a huge slap in JH's face if there's even remotely any truth to it. I would rather dump Baalke than JH at this point. I honestly haven't enjoyed a coach as much as JH since the Mooch days. Before then, it would go all the way back to Walsh (think Seifert was overrated... IMO he simply took Walsh's team to the SB).

I do think Baalke could have a longer tenure here as I could see JH leave for another job. But I don't think we have a chance of SB if we bring in another coach at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Not sure if it's true or not. I hate that I have NO TRUST in any of our coaches or above. They say one thing and do another.

Either way, just hope it's not true. Think it's a huge slap in JH's face if there's even remotely any truth to it. I would rather dump Baalke than JH at this point. I honestly haven't enjoyed a coach as much as JH since the Mooch days. Before then, it would go all the way back to Walsh (think Seifert was overrated... IMO he simply took Walsh's team to the SB).

I do think Baalke could have a longer tenure here as I could see JH leave for another job. But I don't think we have a chance of SB if we bring in another coach at this point.
    I liked Mooch but that dude had no balls. No killer instinct. We could have done better in the playoffs if it wasnt for his soft ***. Also TO treated him like a *****.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    This sounds 100% legitimate

vCash
    I love JH, but i would like to know what we would have got! lol. Didn't TB give 2 1sts, and 2nds for Gruden?

vCash
    130 mil sal cap, opening a new stadium, the 9ers better not screw themselves over 3 mil a year to the coach!!!

vCash
    I think the 49ers were just curious and explored to see what they could have gotten from Cleveland.

I'm guessing we are talking both their first round picks this year at the MINIMUM. I would definitely ask for more than what TB gave up for Gruden. I know CLE won't do this but they would have to give up every draft pick this year, but then why would Harbaugh go there? lol

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    For what it's worth, there's a few media sources that have been complaining about the way Cleveland media operates in sports. Coaches like McDaniels and Whisenhunt passed on them this offseason, and when Cleveland lost Chip Kelly to the Eagles, "Cleveland based media" started talking badly about the Eagles. Heres an example I found from 49er web zone forums:

"When the offseason began, it became clear that Jeff Lurie, current owner of the Eagles, and his former right hand man and boyhood friend Joe Banner, now running the Cleveland Browns, were set for a showdown. Each side had targeted Chip Kelly as their #1 choice for their next head coach and each were all in on getting him.

Joe scored the first interview after the Fiesta Bowl and met with Chip for 7 hours. Jeff jumped in next and met with Chip for 9 hours.

In the end, Jeff got his man. But in the meantime, Jeff's new right hand man, Howie Roseman, started to come under fire. You see, the Browns didn't get Chip Kelly because they didn't want him... or at least that's what they put out afterward. But the Eagles didn't get him because he simply didn't want to work with Howie Roseman.

And the assault on Roseman continued with personal attacks from CBS' Jason LaCanfora who cited sources saying Roseman was "drunk with power," "woefully out of his depth" and that he was the reason no one wanted the Eagles job.

In the end, the Chip Kelly hire certainly makes all that speculation seem untrue and Jeff Lurie told CSNPhilly's Ruben Frank that he thinks it was fueled from Cleveland.

"I'm very supportive of Howie, and if there's any criticism coming from afar about Howie, it's just off-base, and so I will support Howie completely, because that's not right," Lurie said. "And, you know, if there are league sources that are really based in Cleveland, that's not right. We see through it all."

There can be little doubt what "based in Cleveland" means. He's not talking about Browns owner Jimmy Haslam...

For his part, Banner vehemently denies being the guy whispering in LaCanfora's ear."
    Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...JexRBfMVmvY.99

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast