Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Browns nearly traded for Jim Harbaugh!!!!

The Browns’ unpredictable head-coaching search nearly finished with what would have been the most unpredictable outcome of any head-coaching search since Jon Gruden was traded from the Raiders to the Buccaneers a dozen years ago.

Per multiple league sources, the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade with the 49ers for the rights to coach Jim Harbaugh.

A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the 49ers.

The 49ers could not immediately be reached for comment. Efforts to contact the 49ers continue.

The Browns declined to comment specifically on whether an effort was made to acquire Jim Harbaugh. The Browns characterized the search as thorough, and the Browns acknowledged that many options were considered. The Browns emphasized that the team is excited about its new coach Mike Pettine.

A deal would have been stunning, for several reasons. Harbaugh has taken the 49ers to the NFC title game in each of his three years with the team. Also, he would have joined the same division as his brother, Ravens coach John Harbaugh.

Which means they would have been squaring off at least twice per year, and competing directly for division titles and/or wild-card positioning.
    WOW

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jim-harbaugh/

vCash
    Just came here to post this. CRAZY. Sounds like the trade was agreed to but Harbaugh didn't want to leave.

Wonder if there is friction between Baalke and Harbaugh? Why would they want to trade him?
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    damn sure wish it would of happened
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Darren Page ‏@DarrenPage15 5m
    SF trades Harbaugh, has 14 picks again w/ 2 in 1st round, hires David Shaw ten minutes later, laughs to the bank with middle fingers flying.

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP 7m
    Between this proposed Browns trade and his reported interest in Texas, it doesn’t sound like Jim Harbaugh is long for the 49ers.

vCash
    Hasn't SF reached the limit with picks? Would they have had to send some late picks back to make this work?

vCash
    Will they give the first rounder for Harbaugh?

Harbaugh + Manziel

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    I doubt that "Who's got it better than us?" would work with the Browns.

vCash
    Had the trade lined up but Jim turned it down? Why are the 49ers willing to let go of their coach? We need more details.
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

vCash
    Ummm. Wasn't there a rule that you can't trade head coach or any coaches for that matter? I remember reading that after the Jon Gruden trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    Players look around in silence for a few seconds...

"31 other teams?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    Players look around in silence for a few seconds...

"31 other teams?"

vCash
    Update from Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 The Fan:

When Browns called to ask for permission to speak with 49er assistants and Jim expressed interest; price to rich for #Browns blood
    More from 92.3 The Fan, this time from Joe Lull:

Browns never reached out to Harbaugh. HE TOLD THEM HE WANTED THE JOB when they called on Roman & Tomsula.

vCash
    What the Browns need is an offense lol. Their D has some nice guys: Mingo, Haden, Phil Taylor, TJ Ward, etc. They look like geniuses for trading Trent Richardson away. Imagine, Richardson for Harbaugh after awhile. That's funny.

vCash
    This seems really hard to believe... Harbaugh would be at the top of the depth chart for QB. Why on earth would he even entertain going there?

Must be huge friction between him and the owner or the GM if any of this is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    What the Browns need is an offense lol. Their D has some nice guys: Mingo, Haden, Phil Taylor, TJ Ward, etc. They look like geniuses for trading Trent Richardson away. Imagine, Richardson for Harbaugh after awhile. That's funny.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the Browns are trying to get some stability/order in the front office and I believe Harbaugh would provide that. Not that it isn't their own fault, but the Browns have either fired people to hastily or just choose awful candidates for quite some time.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast