Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Do we still have the Amnesty Option?

Did Joe piss away the Amnesty option or do we still have it so we can use it on Josh Smith? Seriously, if we're just going to stand stagnet until a new GM and Coach come in, why not rid ourselves of another Joe D mistake.

One other thing, why hasn't Andre Drummond become the face of this franchise? Our marketing department sucks. We have the most talented young big man in the league and they don't capitalize on it. I'm SURE that is why he didn't make the all star game. If we are ever going to be a top team again we need to market the crap out of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Did Joe piss away the Amnesty option or do we still have it so we can use it on Josh Smith? Seriously, if we're just going to stand stagnet until a new GM and Coach come in, why not rid ourselves of another Joe D mistake.

One other thing, why hasn't Andre Drummond become the face of this franchise? Our marketing department sucks. We have the most talented young big man in the league and they don't capitalize on it. I'm SURE that is why he didn't make the all star game. If we are ever going to be a top team again we need to market the crap out of him.
    I actually know someone who works in the marketing department at the Palace (fun fact: the guy in Hooper's suit has a desk job in marketing for them as well). If enough people one here want their marketing to focus more on Andre I can bring it up to her. I mean, if we show that the Piston fans have a huge Andre Drummond fan demographic, I do not see why they wouldn't want to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post

Amnesty is only for contracts PRE-lockout contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    Only one our roster that could have been Amnestied was CV this past offseason.

So yeah Joe traded our 1st rd pick instead of amnesty but in his defense its all up to the owner...

vCash
    I think technically Monroe could have been amnestied too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DTownSkitzo View Post
    I actually know someone who works in the marketing department at the Palace (fun fact: the guy in Hooper's suit has a desk job in marketing for them as well). If enough people one here want their marketing to focus more on Andre I can bring it up to her. I mean, if we show that the Piston fans have a huge Andre Drummond fan demographic, I do not see why they wouldn't want to know.
    No offense to your friend in the marketing department, but if the Pistons' marketing department needs to be told to focus more on Drummond, then they are in the wrong job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RealBuffoonery View Post
    No offense to your friend in the marketing department, but if the Pistons' marketing department needs to be told to focus more on Drummond, then they are in the wrong job.
    lol seriously

vCash
    The biggest joke is we could have amnestied Gordon and kept our ****ing pick. Yet we let it rot away.

vCash
    i would suck a dick to get rid of smith no homo....no homophobic
    POP! POP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    The biggest joke is we could have amnestied Gordon and kept our ****ing pick. Yet we let it rot away.
    Yep

vCash
    Well they do have to spread it around and feature Moose and the others. You cannot just focus on one player. I agree that we do not feature Dre enough. Unfortunately for us we signed 2 "names" this last off season.

vCash
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    No kidding. That was such a dumb move!
    Last edited by iu92grad; 02-22-2014 at 03:27 PM.

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iu92grad View Post
    Exactly!

No kidding. That was such a dumb move!
    I think it was a Gores decision as well, shedding a contract and not paying for it

vCash
    Well, trading the pick did allow for us to have some cap space to sign Josh - though amnesty would have done it also. However, in realistic terms: 17 M is 17M; it's Gores money; and when made the pick didn't look at good back then as today because we should be a lot better so the protection was not that important.